• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Two local league thread

Paolo

we were informed of squads for sunday....have my first start in 1st grade on sunday. Have some off the bench heaps of times but never got a start, so it should be fun

Ted

Well Sh*t Eh? We rushed through a new player registration in time for this weekends game against Kariong only to find out an a key midfielder is going camping this weekend and will miss the game....  :-\

T

WAA5 Gos play Avoca at Fagans at 12.45, we should actually have a full team this week..... now all we need to do is score a goal  :thumbup:

offtheball

keensy said:
we were informed of squads for sunday....have my first start in 1st grade on sunday. Have some off the bench heaps of times but never got a start, so it should be fun

Congratulations,

Have never met you but after what you went through last season you deserve a big wrap! Huge come back. :thumbup:

marinermick

T said:
WAA5 Gos play Avoca at Fagans at 12.45, we should actually have a full team this week..... now all we need to do is score a goal  :thumbup:

i'll be there and have a few cans as i have a 9am game

anyone else, feel free to join me

Kareem

played today
we started with 8 players against Doylo in 18 B's (they played 18A's last year).
Ended with 10 by 1/2 time (3-0 down). Lost 5-1, I scored only goal!
3-3 18A's Kariong vs Kincumber
5-2 18B's Avoca def Umina. Umina winnin 2-1 then Avoca killed them!

mariners4ever

played last night against kariong at mountains and had a 2-2 draw, would have to say the referees that officiated my game would be best i have had/seenfor a few years

Ted

Well we faced Kariong 14Bs with only 9 players and held them nil all at half time.  :thumbup:

They used reserves through out the game and evenutally fatigue got the better of us in the 2nd half. We lost heart after the first goal and let them run away with a 10 nil win. Very impressed with our first half effort though and if we had a full squad, I think the final score would have a been very different..... 

Look forward to playing them again with a full squad...  ;)

kanewillow

played linfield 4 reserve lost 4-0 and in first we lost 4-2 i got my second goal in 2 games
now i got kariong aa 8s tomorrow at 1315 at kariong

RADINHO

MarinaTed said:
Well we faced Kariong 14Bs with only 9 players and held them nil all at half time.  :thumbup:

They used reserves through out the game and evenutally fatigue got the better of us in the 2nd half. We lost heart after the first goal and let them run away with a 10 nil win. Very impressed with our first half effort though and if we had a full squad, I think the final score would have a been very different..... 

Our team was angry and disappointed after that first half but we shuffled our midfield and forwards tactics and it worked like a charm.

Half time score: Kariong 0-0 Killarney

Full time score: Kariong 10-0 Killarney

My actual aim i said to the coach was 10-0 but I felt actually disappointed with that result cause if we can score 10 in one half imagine if we played that same way with full energy but marinated must be even more disappointed with the result.

Kareem

5-3 win SEU def Avoca in 13C's.
We scored first goal with 3-4-3 formation (with wingbacks)(oh yea) and then keeper got injured so we had to put a winger in goals which meant 4-4-2. They then scored 2 quick goals. at 1/2 time went back to 3-4-3 and won 5-3 scoring 4 goals (one kid got hattrick)(another rounded the keeper...amazing).
Highlight of my day- trying to explain the 13 year old kids what the heck is a wingback!!!
I also refereed 14D's SEU vs Woy Woy (my 1st derby)- SEU won 10-0...sad
I then got to referee 14A's coz referee pulled out! 2-1 WOY WOY def Wyoming.
This close to pulling out my 1st yellow!
Main thing is 2 from 2 for the boys in blue (13C's SEU)!

Ted

RADINHO said:
MarinaTed said:

Our team was angry and disappointed after that first half but we shuffled our midfield and forwards tactics and it worked like a charm.

Half time score: Kariong 0-0 Killarney

Full time score: Kariong 10-0 Killarney

My actual aim i said to the coach was 10-0 but I felt actually disappointed with that result cause if we can score 10 in one half imagine if we played that same way with full energy but marinated must be even more disappointed with the result.

Actually quite the opposite. I was very impressed with our first half effort and the fact we kept you scoreless in the first half. You had a full team (with reserves and reps) against 9 and couldn't sink one. Hmmmmm?

Fatigue got to us in the 2nd half and thus you had a field day. If' we'd had 11 on the field to begin with mate, we'd have scored in the first half...

Hopefully next time we meet things will somewhat different as we should have a full team then and maybe even a reserve. But please stay cocky!  ;)

Kareem

I know wat you mean...
we started with 8 agaisnt Doylo in 18B's - when we had 9 they sunk in 3 before our 10th arrived!!! 5-1 loss was good considering (and I am carrying a knee injury atm)

roonytunes

seu 35d's won 2-1 against umina - who had won 7-4 the week before. Solid effort by all the guys, no woodwork and and only a soft goal at the end. defend well, pass out short and the goals will come...ole!

Ted

Kareem said:
I know wat you mean...
we started with 8 agaisnt Doylo in 18B's - when we had 9 they sunk in 3 before our 10th arrived!!! 5-1 loss was good considering (and I am carrying a knee injury atm)

Yeah we had 2 injured players in our match, our right mid has a strained knee ligament and our right back played with an ankle strain. To be honest Kariong should have won 30 nil or more....

No excuses though, we lost and that is that...    :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred