• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

SA Diving Champions aka Goodwin’s Gargoyles Vs The Good Guys aka Monty’s Mariners

Ancient Mariner

AC

Given you new Ugo... we played together for years and one day a very loud and aggressive person joined our team... so Ugo left and joined North Epping [NE]...

My team and his former St Andrews Eastwood {SAE]was a kinda local derby with NE.

AnyWho I was captain of SAE and played as a deep sitting 6....

NE had a corner and the ball was cleared... I was screaming at everyone to push out... Ugo stayed back and was at least 4 to five meters behind me and I was I through the last player in line for defence ..... however one of our players had stayed on the post and thereby played Ugo onside...

He got passed a ball and hit a left foot volley from the corner of the penalty box into the top corner of the goal... We had no lines person just a ref... the volley hit would have made the world goal of the year mentions ... I screamed his offside ref... all day every game he's offside... his to slow to play up front offside by half the field I cried and screamed...

The ref ruled Offside ... I robbed Ugo of the greatest goal he ever scored... he did not speak to me for a few days and then we caught up for a beer... all was forgiven...
I would imagine that he would have scored some good goals in his time in juniors at Juve. :cheers:

Ancient Mariner

It’s hard to explain to folks how formative those early days were to my life. Auburn was a great mentor for me. I’m a VERY different person to what I was back then and I’m glad.

I always miss this club and these days but those early days were so special. Friend of mine here in the US does a “desert island goals” podcast where you list five goals you’d watch if you could only watch those five. I put Spencer’s goal against Sydney FC for the first away trip mostly for how much that moment did for us as a fan base.
The last time I bumped Dave was on Central Station and he told me he had a good job as head of security at one of the universities. That was a long time ago and a little while after I had seen him at a game.
I always felt comfortable wearing our team colours at away games with unfriendly opposition supporters with him nearby.

marinermick

The last time I bumped Dave was on Central Station and he told me he had a good job as head of security at one of the universities. That was a long time ago and a little while after I had seen him at a game.
I always felt comfortable wearing our team colours at away games with unfriendly opposition supporters with him nearby.

I brought David (never call him Dave) into the Mariners fold when he worked at UTS and myself at Uni of Newcastle. We had similar jobs so came to know each other through collaboration and our shared work interest groups. Eventually he moved up to Woy Woy with his wife and bought a home there.

David’s first love is cricket then AFL but adores all sports. The Mariners took him away from his involvement with cricket as an administrator so he chose this over the Mariners eventually. Also around that time GWS came around and he got involved in organising their cheer squad. There was no time for the Mariners.

I haven’t spoken to him in a while but am Facebook friends with an account he shares with his wife. His wife mostly posts.

They are well. I sent a Facebook invite to Retro Round away a couple of months ago but received no response.

FFC Mariner

Deej is around. His dad passed away and they would always go together.
If Kwas gets some finals tickets he may go

Ancient Mariner

I brought David (never call him Dave) into the Mariners fold when he worked at UTS and myself at Uni of Newcastle. We had similar jobs so came to know each other through collaboration and our shared work interest groups. Eventually he moved up to Woy Woy with his wife and bought a home there.

David’s first love is cricket then AFL but adores all sports. The Mariners took him away from his involvement with cricket as an administrator so he chose this over the Mariners eventually. Also around that time GWS came around and he got involved in organising their cheer squad. There was no time for the Mariners.

I haven’t spoken to him in a while but am Facebook friends with an account he shares with his wife. His wife mostly posts.

They are well. I sent a Facebook invite to Retro Round away a couple of months ago but received no response.
I remember he always talked about moving to the Coast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami