• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Semi final shenanigans

Forum Phoenix

I think the Pen wasn't the worst decision, what I don't like is the encroachment call and retaking of the missed Pen. Only seen this twice (other against us) and if they checked every Pen taken this year I would bet my last dollar there would be encroachment that was ignored on missed Pens. Its your typical hold it to the letter of the law situation that 99.9% of the time is ignored. That makes the bias evident to see and there is plenty of talk about it on socials. Not that the APL cares what the fan base of the A League think.

I think it’s because in this case the encroachment directly affects the subsequent play in Callum clearing the ball. Most pf the time it’s immaterial. And this instance I’d be angry if it wasn’t called were it us.

Tevor

I think it’s because in this case the encroachment directly affects the subsequent play in Callum clearing the ball. Most pf the time it’s immaterial. And this instance I’d be angry if it wasn’t called were it us.
I understand why they wanted it re-taken but look at how many missed Pens there are and you don’t really see VAR checking them. Kersey was given the heads up very quickly so they were looking for anything to help. Personally I also think you shouldn’t be allowed to change the person taking the Pen but I guess that’s the rules.

shipwreck

I agree. Pen to be retaken was 100% a valid call, only because he cleared the ball.

If it had been saved on the other side and someone who didn't encroach cleared the ball, definitely shouldn't be retaken.

However being able to change the kicker is bullshit. That should be specified in a rule as it is unfair to the goalkeeper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami