• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Superbowl XLII

serious14

18 and 1.  Forever the Patriots will look at that and think "damn, we choked.  _BIG_ time".  Brady was sacked FIVE times.  Ummmm, guys??  Defence??    :naughty:

Anyways, an excellent game of NFL, more so for a Superbowl - possibly the best one in the last 10 years.  A simply amazing fourth quarter, and THAT play by Eli Manning (the twist, evade, and escape, followed by a 40 yard pass) and his receiver (STUNNING arms over and semi behind the head catch) with 1.10 left in the fourth.  Wow.

Did anyone else watch this yesterday??

For the record, the New York Giants defeated the New England Patriots 17 - 14.

rosko

I love the NFL... Thank the Pats that they will now take the 'chokers' tag off the cowboys..  ;D  Great game, and that play from Manning to Tyree was the game breaker. Manning should never have got out of that pocket, and how did Tyree hang on to that catch.. 18-1.. Oh well... Not so perfect!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Sean

Great game to watch yesterday.

Tom Petty was excellent.

That throw from Manning was spectacular!

ryan

I think this is another example of a final series or Grand final being unjust. The Patriots have clearly been the best team all season. How does losing just once all year make you second best. While i admit it was a great game i don't think justice was served

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Quote from Serious) Brady was sacked FIVE times.  Ummmm, guys??   Defence??   

Serious I had a look at the stats on NFL.com and the Pats defence didnt appear to be that good, i sorta expected him to get clobbered at least once or twice but 5...I agree what defence ...seems they lived and died by their QB

marinermick

i watched some highlights and the last quarter was quite amazing

got to say - what a crap atmosphere!!!!

when new york were on a roll with a minute to go the stadium was practically silent

if it was football the place would be going nuts and supporters would be screaming their team home

rosko

The vision you saw mustnt have been too hot... Watching live, the crowd were going off.. I was watching Fox at the end of the game, their 'fx' mikes must have been positioned far better than those of SBS feed. SBS vision and 'fx' were lacking compared to that of Fox.. It looked like there was more than one carrier that was transmitting...
Grand finals are really unfair... All season without a loss and you then become the second best.. Not right at all...

loyalist

marinermick said:

when new york were on a roll with a minute to go the stadium was practically silent

if it was football the place would be going nuts and supporters would be screaming their team home

tbf it was in arizona so hardly an easy distance for the ny fans to get too

dibo

forzamariners said:
marinermick said:

tbf it was in arizona so hardly an easy distance for the ny fans to get too

ye-, and massachusetts dwelling pats fans would've been similarly struggling.

Omni

I was at college when this was on and it was lunch for the 4th quarter, I was out of the room and heard "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS" from the room and ran in "Did NY score?" Sounds like I missed a brilliant game of gridiron! The lone Pats fan in the room was very unhappy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred