• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney to host the Grand Final next 3 years

Forum Phoenix

"We're very, very, very sad to see it come to this (hides smirk) but I'm afraid we see no other way to salvage the reputation of our league than to enact the following penalties upon the Central Coast Mariners.

1) Immediately revoke the license of the Central Coast Mariners (and give it to Sydney Team Number 27 FC).

2) Sell all Central Coast players, players wives, friends, tennis partners and general loose acquaintances, into indentured slavery. These proceeds shall be used to bring Christiano Ronaldo to Sydney FC in a dual coaching role, where he will also star in our latest instalment of the illustrious Festival of (our favourite teams) of Football, where Sydney FC will play Melbourne Victory in a year long first to 21 event.

*Addendum* This clause does not apply to Jason Cummings who has agreed (at gun point) to captain Sydney FC and now be known by the new nickname of, Blue Dog.

3) There will be a public execution of Central Coast Mariners CEO to open the Festival. (sorry Shaun)

4) All Central Coast members will be hunted down and nailed to crucifixes lining the walk into Allianz stadium.

5) A quarantine zone shall be placed around the Central Coast (except on Holidays) for the next 150 years.

6) We're also disbanding the Wellington Phoenix. (Just for the hell of it really.)

Though these sanctions may perhaps be viewed as harsh in some quarters (we will find you and gut you) we're sure all will agree, that they are being made in the full and true spirit of our governance.

Up yours.

The cronies ruining your game.

Big Al

"We're very, very, very sad to see it come to this (hides smirk) but I'm afraid we see no other way to salvage the reputation of our league than to enact the following penalties upon the Central Coast Mariners.

1) Immediately revoke the license of the Central Coast Mariners (and give it to Sydney Team Number 27 FC).

2) Sell all Central Coast players, players wives, friends, tennis partners and general loose acquaintances, into indentured slavery. These proceeds shall be used to bring Christiano Ronaldo to Sydney FC in a dual coaching role, where he will also star in our latest instalment of the illustrious Festival of (our favourite teams) of Football, where Sydney FC will play Melbourne Victory in a year long first to 21 event.

*Addendum* This clause does not apply to Jason Cummings who has agreed (at gun point) to captain Sydney FC and now be known by the new nickname of, Blue Dog.

3) There will be a public execution of Central Coast Mariners CEO to open the Festival. (sorry Shaun)

4) All Central Coast members will be hunted down and nailed to crucifixes lining the walk into Allianz stadium.

5) A quarantine zone shall be placed around the Central Coast (except on Holidays) for the next 150 years.

6) We're also disbanding the Wellington Phoenix. (Just for the hell of it really.)

Though these sanctions may perhaps be viewed as harsh in some quarters (we will find you and gut you) we're sure all will agree, that they are being made in the full and true spirit of our governance.

Up yours.

Seems like a fair punishment and luckily we keep the sauce bottles and there is no blue sauce ?

bikinigirl

Up yours.

. as usual a most insightful analysis of the current state of play, the rules of the league and how they apply differently to the Mariners

. the most unexpected thing i found in the analysis was the plural for crucifix

turbo

This verdict is and should be about ongoing behaviour management as much as it is about repercussions.
I would say that this neglects even beginning to address the ongoing behaviour management side of things almost totally.
The release notes there will be a group setup by FA involving a range of parties to establish changes, ban enforcement, work on a healthier active support in future seasons, etc.. so that is definitely being done its just not a 1 month job.

turbo

Responses on social media show there’s plenty of muppets that think there’s still any chance to scrap the GF idea (the 3 year deal not future) and who don’t understand the damage OSM did to the campaign. This is a decent outcome if the APL follows through.

Tevor

Responses on social media show there’s plenty of muppets that think there’s still any chance to scrap the GF idea (the 3 year deal not future) and who don’t understand the damage OSM did to the campaign. This is a decent outcome if the APL follows through.
Yeah I gave up reading the responses on socials a while ago. I agree the three years is not changing however perhaps after the three years there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

turbo

Yeah I gave up reading the responses on socials a while ago. I agree the three years is not changing however perhaps after the three years there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.
I hope it reverts after the 3 but we’ll have to see. The fan voice is important going forward, how much it changes things is up for debate but it should help the APL realise when they’re delivering a brain dead message. A perspective outside the echo chamber is definitely needed.

Rising Sun

Anyone thinking the APL will actually listen to fans is dead set kidding themselves
This 100%,

DGB says he will listen to the fans? This is the same DGB who initially lied that they already consulted with fans group about the Sydney GFs. If anybody believes that the fans will get a say on this or anything else, I am selling the Harbour Bridge, PM me for pricing.

DGB is world class at spinning one thing while doing the other. Take the DTS for example. Always enthusiastically saying that he was all in favour of but claiming it was the FA that was holding things up (something James Johnson called BS on) until eventually FA realised APL were playing games and just went ahead and implemented it at all levels below APL. And now it has just slipped quietly off the radar at the APL level. What a surprise.

As for the independent board members, they have supposedly been looking for these since the APL came into being and yet they have a "tentative" deadline of the end of 2023? The latest debacle and the mess they seem to be in financially probably highlights that the majority of the board ought to be independent asap but they are still at the point of "maybe we will / maybe we won't" have the independents that were supposed to be there at the start in 12 months time (and I know where my money is as to what the outcome will be).

Corsair

Townsend has demonstrated himself to be a self serving liar. The statements around fan engagement look like lip service to quell the current outrage. I don't expect the APL to honor any of the stated tenuous commitments with their weasle words. Even if they do what's to stop them ignoring any recommendations from the fan committee? Hard not to be skeptical, will this leopard change its spots?

FFC Mariner

Townsend has demonstrated himself to be a self serving liar. The statements around fan engagement look like lip service to quell the current outrage. I don't expect the APL to honor any of the stated tenuous commitments with their weasle words. Even if they do what's to stop them ignoring any recommendations from the fan committee? Hard not to be skeptical, will this leopard change its spots?
Agree, classic tactic to shut people up. Sooner he goes the better. Getting SFC to run the APL has proved to be a disaster.
We will have to endure this Scomo 2.0 for a while yet I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami