• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The run home for the final 4

Andy

More bad news for Sydney though.

It seems as if Michael Bridges loan won't be extended and he'll leave Sydney on January 28th. The day after the first round of the finals series.

Hull have apparently said that the only way they'd consider letting him stay at Sydney is if the agreed to pay a transfer fee, with The Tigers wanting at least $500,000.

Ufuk Talay has also emerged as a transfer target for Avispa Fukuoka. He is off-contract at the end of the season and is also rumoured to be wanted by Queensland Roar and an un-named Turkish club.

Unless Alvin Ceccoli returned to Australia (there is a rumour to Melbourne from the ever-reliable 442 rumour mill), or another of Avispa's foreigners leave, then I highly doubt that Talay would leave. Also Littbarski would have also already tried to sign him so he can have a short brreak before starting the new season.

Andy

Paul Agostino has torn a tendon in his quad and won't be back until the Finals Series at the earliest, should Adelaide make it.

No Burns or Agostino for the Barrel Boys. Not starting to look so strong.

Andy

Yeah.

However after last week's result, I didn't really consider Adelaide a chance to catch us and claim the Premiership.

fish

They are a good finals team with the knowldege and experience of having been there twice that was probably my thought.
Burns is a bigger MUST for them

yellowcake

Round 18 may well now finish with a 4 point buffer between 4th and 5th. Are we now seeing the final 4 taking shape?

2 of the 3 coming rounds have all top 4 sides (as now stands) against bottom 4, so less chance of knocking each other out.

Interesting that if this is how it finishes, for the second year in 3 all NSW clubs will be in the finals - and last year was all but us. This is despite all the backroom bullshit of our neighbours. Are we seeing strength gained from derby contests?

Jocwa08

Wellington beating Scum that gives adelaide a second shot at it,
Wellington win all final games results go their way and wellington in top 4 ;)

FFC Mariner

Adelaide and Scum next week is now Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge for both teams. "Breeze face" will be back for the scum so they will probably go back to their 1 man team formation.

~Floss~

Interesting and thought-provoking poll on A-League site:

Will Central Coast bounce back after successive losses to Sydney and Melbourne?

Will still finish as minor premiers
31 %
Will finish second
43 %
Will finish third
23 %
Will finish fourth
3 %

... Anything's possible, I shudder to think what could happen if recent form continues, though I'd like to think we've got another winning streak ahead.

Omni

Queensland have lost Reddy for two weeks and Craig Moore is suspended, they've also boldly decided to rest Tiatto for the game against Melbourne, knowing Frank's record with decision making, I don't know if that will go well.

Atomic

According to both Sports Bet and Sports Tab we are favourites for the Grand Final

Mariners $3.00
Roar $3.25
FC $3.50
Jets $9.00

and Sports Tab has us favourites to win the Minor Premiership as well.

Personally, I think betting is for mugs but these guys are rpepared to put their money where their mouths are, so hopefully they are right  :)

Jocwa08

Imagine the Grand Final

Danny
Clark/boogs Wilko Vidmar Ceccoli
        Hutcho Jedi
Tommy P          Owens
      Aloisi    Sasho

Bench: Trott, Simon, Kwas Clark/Boogs

Amazing side :)

yellowcake

If I didn't have an emotional vested interest in the outcome...

It would be had to imagine a more intriguing end to a comp with the possibility (if we lose to Jets and Syd-Qld draw) of the 2nd last round ending tied on points. Then all top 4 playing bottom 4 teams in the last, which if varying sized, plausible wins in favour of the higher placed teams could tie up goal difference as well...

NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT FOR THE INTRIGUE, AAARRGGHH!!!

MARINERS TO GO INTO FINAL ROUND ON 34 POINTS - PLEASE!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred