• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

the scum away

marinermick

I just watched the mini match on Foxtel. OMG that was a shocking penalty...really really bad. But its Newcastle and when some bogan Aussie came up with the term "Shit c**t" they were either living in Newcastle or had just visited because those maggots really are shitty dog c**ts.

So, its impossible to feel sorry for those inbread, mouthy, uncouth maggots......and I dont feel sorry for their fans either....(boom tish).

Agree 100%. I was saying to my mate Saturday night that if it was against us we would be livid.

Football is a contact sport. Bodies clash all the time and Bouman milked it for all it’s worth. You play soccer at a decent level and speed and you know how easily these things happen without it being enough contact for a foul.

I am just glad we finally get some VAR kharma back.

Ozhammer

I dont want to see TCT back here tbh.
Not sure I agree Wombat, he would be a good pickup for us next season if we can persuade him. Fast, hungry and good technique and I noticed how he didn’t celebrate his goal against us a few weeks back, so he still respects the club.

I also hear that he still comes to watch some games at CCS, so cut the lad some slack, especially as he is one of our youth products.

How would people react to someone trike Caceres coming back I wonder?

Allreet?

Not sure I agree Wombat, he would be a good pickup for us next season if we can persuade him. Fast, hungry and good technique and I noticed how he didn’t celebrate his goal against us a few weeks back, so he still respects the club.
Disagree profoundly with this. Fast - definitely. Hungry - who knows? But good technique? He has improved a little but he's always had trampoline touch and misses most of the many chances he gets (through pace).

That said, I'd be happy to see him back as pace is the one thing that can't be coached. If we could teach him to find space like McLaren and finish like McLaren, we'd have a genius player for 2 -3 years that we could sell for a fortune.

true believer

Correct me if I'm blind, but it seems that Stenz is the 6 and Ollie the 8, and I'm not just talking about the numbers on their shirts. Ollie has indeed been the leader we have needed, He is all over the show, directing, filling gaps and showing the way through his actions.
Stenz has been the rock that has given Ollie the freedom to get about without having to worry about the midfield. Regardless of the shape we end up in, Stenz has the anticipation, pace and strength to deal with most threats.
The two of them make a great complimentary pairing, a very good midfield. The core midfield strength of our spine.
i think as regards the ccm you could make a case for ruon ,olli ,stens and birra. with a hair between the 4

Corsair

Looks like the scum will be missing a couple of their young players for our 1 June match.

Connor O’Toole, Luka Prso, Ramy Najjarine

Big Al

Looks like the scum will be missing a couple of their young players for our 1 June match.

Connor O’Toole, Luka Prso, Ramy Najjarine
Najjarine looked dangerous so that’s a win for us

priorpeter

How good were those two young boys who, of their own accord, tried to start CCM chants while sitting with their families?

Was cool to see one of them come over and join PP
Was speaking to the dad of the young fella (Bailey) who came over to join. Apparently before school on Monday he put the replay on the tele, and marched around the lounge room singing “WE ARE THE COASTIES! THE YELLOW ARMY!”
Absolutely melted me :wub:

Wombat

Monday is Bozanic day
Tuesday’s Kuol
Wednesday is De Silva day
Thursday’s Rowles
Friday is for Nisbet
Saturday’s for Simon
Sunday is for football...

Aaaaaaaaaaaare we happy?!
What ever happened to the bloke that used to lead that song. He was an absolute classic.

style_cafe

I think we have to ease up a bit on Nigro.
He`s been so much better in attack and defence for us than the last bloke.
For mine all he needs to do is improve his crosses,other than that I can live
with the way he plays and his dynamic within the structure of the team.
His journey to play for us is also a very important ingredient in the make up of the side.

Let`s not forget many on here didn`t want Tongyik or Stens last season and
others decried Rowles, Matty and DDS... :popcorn:

turbo

Let`s not forget many on here didn`t want Tongyik or Stens last season and
others decried Rowles, Matty and DDS...
We can only judge what's in front of us and I don't think anyone here is being abusive or even wanting him sacked. Would be quite happy for Nigro to kick on and have a great second season but sentiment on his journey doesn't matter if we aren't getting enough positive results.

When we look at the Jets game so much of our attack went down his side without impact and we narrowly escaped with 3 points, that could be the difference between not playing finals at all, bringing finals back to Gosford or even going all the way.

style_cafe

We can only judge what's in front of us and I don't think anyone here is being abusive or even wanting him sacked. Would be quite happy for Nigro to kick on and have a great second season but sentiment on his journey doesn't matter if we aren't getting enough positive results.

When we look at the Jets game so much of our attack went down his side without impact and we narrowly escaped with 3 points, that could be the difference between not playing finals at all, bringing finals back to Gosford or even going all the way.
We also had lots of attack down the left side and through the centre, also with no impact.
We shouldn`t underestimate the impact of loosing DDS is having on the team.
The Jets scrambled well against us and had their chances also.

Nigro has saved our collective arses on numerous occasions & has been up against some quality opposition this season. He`s worked hard and has given us everything he has.
When he has been hooked he`s kept his head up, he`s a team player that`s for sure.
I just feel to many people are riding him at the moment, just like they did to Clisby last year and look what he`s done this season... :popcorn:

turbo

We also had lots of attack down the left side and through the centre, also with no impact.
As a proportion of total attacks we went down the right far more often than the left. I'm not by any means putting the result on him but there was a glaring issue to address. When Nisbet plays on that side it takes some pressure away offensively while Bouman didnt do that as much and we were generally narrow, even more than usual.

Nigro has saved our collective arses on numerous occasions & has been up against some quality opposition this season. He`s worked hard and has given us everything he has.
I dont think anyone is saying otherwise. The issue is mostly a limitation going forward and we don't have a Nabbout or Halloran kind of player to mask that deficiency. If he's in our plans for next year then finding a wide attacking player to relieve the burden is important.

Ironbark

There are times I love being wrong. Before the season started I argued that DDS had had enough chances for no output. Now I can't wait to have him back in the starting 11 and want him starting every game. He's earnt that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred