• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

pjennings

Then why did they have to play it at such a rubbish time?
Maybe to do with the travel for the next game. They couldn't really have played earlier given people playing last weekend and allowing for a couple of sessions. Playing at such a time has probably maximised recovery time before the Vietnam game.

true believer

Watched the replay this morning, started slow however expected with the lack of proper prep and then became a training run and this was probably an ideal first game. Japan upset in first match which is always the danger in these qualifiers when you can be a bit rusty. Good comfortable start to qualifying and many stand out players however the Chinese defence was very poor and Mabil caused havoc in the acres of space he had and was my MOM however could have easily been Boyle as he had a field day as well.
i liked a lot of what hrustic did to .

booney

The next game against Vietnam could be a slippery banana.The humidity will be taxing and what i have seen and heard is that the opposition are technically adept and quick.

FFC Mariner

The next game against Vietnam could be a slippery banana.The humidity will be taxing and what i have seen and heard is that the opposition are technically adept and quick.
Respectfully disagree - i think we will tear them a new one. They are shit and this ought to be an easy 3 points

FFC Mariner

Weather in Hanoi tomorrow is 31c 78% humidity and thundery. Thats unpleasant

Actually, having been there twice, Hanoi is unpleasant full stop. My wife loves it but I think its a shit hole.

HCM is probably my favourite Asian city.

Pirate Pete

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/fa-bos...n-sydney-in-front-of-vaccinated-crowds-569507

Football Australia chief James Johnson expects the Socceroos to stride out on home soil for the first home time in nearly two years, with the looming visits of Oman and Saudi Arabia set to be sanctioned by government.

Johnson has been working feverishly behind the scenes to convince authorities to give a tick to a Covid-secure hub for the games in October and November, and indications are the Group B third round visits of Oman (October 7) and Saudi Arabia (November 11) will go ahead at Sydney’s Bankwest Stadium.

In a further boost supporters with negative Covid tests , and those who have been vaccinated, are likely to be granted entry to one or possibly both fixtures.

marinermick

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/fa-bos...n-sydney-in-front-of-vaccinated-crowds-569507

Football Australia chief James Johnson expects the Socceroos to stride out on home soil for the first home time in nearly two years, with the looming visits of Oman and Saudi Arabia set to be sanctioned by government.

Johnson has been working feverishly behind the scenes to convince authorities to give a tick to a Covid-secure hub for the games in October and November, and indications are the Group B third round visits of Oman (October 7) and Saudi Arabia (November 11) will go ahead at Sydney’s Bankwest Stadium.

In a further boost supporters with negative Covid tests , and those who have been vaccinated, are likely to be granted entry to one or possibly both fixtures.

Can’t see 7 October happening. We will still be in lockdown and this is around the time case numbers will be peaking.

Big Al

Can’t see 7 October happening. We will still be in lockdown and this is around the time case numbers will be peaking.
I think the opposite. Gladys is chomping at the bit to release some freedoms to encourage those not fully vaccinated to do so.
I’d expect something in the form of postcode wars where northern Sydney and Bondi of course could attend while the hotspots are in curfew (ok that was a cheeky shot but I don’t think I’ll be to wrong).
They are talking in today’s news about opening pubs on the north shore as a test and reward for high vaccinations.

Might get a 50% capacity or something as a test case.

marinermick

I think the opposite. Gladys is chomping at the bit to release some freedoms to encourage those not fully vaccinated to do so.
I’d expect something in the form of postcode wars where northern Sydney and Bondi of course could attend while the hotspots are in curfew (ok that was a cheeky shot but I don’t think I’ll be to wrong).
They are talking in today’s news about opening pubs on the north shore as a test and reward for high vaccinations.

Might get a 50% capacity or something as a test case.

So open the game up to people who are not from Parramatta and the surrounds? That will go down well.

Omni

I can see us playing here on October 7 - just not in front of crowds. A Sydney game will also make for prime time viewing even if there are no crowds.
As an Aussie living overseas with family events I’d LOVE quarantine to be lifted by October 7th but I can’t see it. And as such I can’t see this match happening in Australia. No state government is going to allow a sporting team to forego quarantine and I doubt the players of both teams could do a two week quarantine

turbo

No state government is going to allow a sporting team to forego quarantine and I doubt the players of both teams could do a two week quarantine
Don't see why NSW wouldn't grant an exemption with strict conditions. What are they going to do? Bring COVID to Sydney?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred