• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

Ironbark

I only watched the first half but it was a refreshingly fluid and forward moving performance for what I've been used to from the NT of late.

Suspect with nothing on the line Arnie took the opportunity to take some risks that he wouldn't when everything is on the line. The opportunity, hopefully, will lead to more entertaining football in the future.

Was keen as for Niz. His chances should only improve if he gets a decent overseas move

Allreet?

Best result would be: Iran, Jordan, Oman, Palestine and Kuwait.

Worst result would be: Japan, Saudi, UAE, China, Indonesia (who are improving rapidly).

Mind you, if managed correctly, we have the cattle to beat any of them.

pjennings

Best result would be: Iran, Jordan, Oman, Palestine and Kuwait.

Worst result would be: Japan, Saudi, UAE, China, Indonesia (who are improving rapidly).

Mind you, if managed correctly, we have the cattle to beat any of them.
Simply put - if we don't qualify directly I would be disappointed. I know the AFC as a whole is improving - but that is more that the lesser teams are improving. The top teams really are not improving. But there is no longer an easy game in the AFC.

We need to be disciplined against the lower pots and take maximum points. The pot 3 teams are likely to drop points against the lower pots. That needs to be our point of difference together with taking points of Pot 1.

Allreet?

Simply put - if we don't qualify directly I would be disappointed. I know the AFC as a whole is improving - but that is more that the lesser teams are improving. The top teams really are not improving. But there is no longer an easy game in the AFC.

We need to be disciplined against the lower pots and take maximum points. The pot 3 teams are likely to drop points against the lower pots. That needs to be our point of difference together with taking points of Pot 1.
I think we will qualify directly this time.

The competition for places is immense - so many good options - when you consider the number of good uns who didn't play last night (like Silvera, McGree, G Kuol) and the youngsters coming through (esp Farrell, Balard, Brook, Teague, Nieuwenhof).

We're in the best shape we've probably been ... ever.

Now you watch FA f**k it up somehow.

JoyfulPenguin

Refs and linesmen had a shocker. Annoyed that Niz didn't get some minutes.
He was at least in the camp, that means something to Arnie. Even in dead rubbers Arnie seems to value the commitment, why Vuka went to the World Cup instead of Langerak and Behich and King have some how managed caps this cycle.

pjennings

Next round

Thursday, 5 September 2024BahrainH
Tuesday, 10 September 2024IndonesiaA
Thursday, 10 October 2024ChinaH
Tuesday, 15 October 2024JapanA
Thursday, 14 November 2024Saudi ArabiaH
Tuesday, 19 November 2024BahrainA
Thursday, 20 March 2025IndonesiaH
Tuesday, 25 March 2025ChinaA
Thursday, 5 June 2025JapanH
Tuesday, 10 June 2025Saudi ArabiaA

Melange

Don't forget Arnie is at the helm, anything can happen.

I think our record against the Saudis isn't that great. Is it just the top 2 going through?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abrarme