• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

Tevor

I love the fact that our guys are going - but I'm also glad Goodwin got there. He has a wicked set piece delivery and he plays with a smile on his face like Jason and Garang
He is hot when in form and he seems in form at the moment so deserved his call up.

StensnessGOAT

Rowles in #4, Vukovic in #18, Kuol in #21 and Cummings in #25.

Why tf did MacTapin get the number 9 and not Cumdog!? ?

Tevor

Don’t worry PenClaren will start against the Frogs and do jack and never be seen again at the tournament. The Dingo will prove himself, I hope.

style_cafe

He`s the incumbent , Cumdingo`s the new boy... :popcorn:

turbo

Does anyone know how Kye got his red in the weekend? And do suspensions carry into the world cup?

A shirt pull. Technically correct but even the player wasn’t appealing for it on that replay. And no they don’t affect WC, presumably because that would allow all sorts of bullshit manipulation for foreign players. Send off Messi if France is playing Argentina, etc..

booney

Wow that Hearts goalie was terrific and the Livingstone one was pretty good as well.

Definitely a penalty( and what a save).Did the shirt pull deserve a red card?

marinermick

Don’t worry PenClaren will start against the Frogs and do jack and never be seen again at the tournament. The Dingo will prove himself, I hope.

Have to laugh at these digs like McTapp and PenClaren as if it is derogatory against him. The guy is getting ridiculed for scoring goals.

If Cumming was a “tap in merchant”, find better space in the box, or could score penalties then he would be wearing the nine, not McLaren.

pjennings

Have to laugh at these digs like McTapp and PenClaren as if it is derogatory against him. The guy is getting ridiculed for scoring goals.

If Cumming was a “tap in merchant”, find better space in the box, or could score penalties then he would be wearing the nine, not McLaren.
Got to agree with you here and would be happier to see Maclaren taking penalties if he is on the ground. However, JMac is like most of our strikers and needs quite a few chances to score - and I suspect we won't get many chances for tap-ins. We won't get many chances in general so whoever is picked needs to be on every time.

turbo

I think the issue is those goals are used to justify his place ahead of others when we don’t get those chances he relies on at international level and results in him being a passenger.

If we had a penalty guru like Jedi still in the team it would be one less reason to include Jmac. As it stands I’d be much happier with Jmac taking a penalty for Aus than Cummings.

marinermick

I think the issue is those goals are used to justify his place ahead of others when we don’t get those chances he relies on at international level and results in him being a passenger.

If we had a penalty guru like Jedi still in the team it would be one less reason to include Jmac. As it stands I’d be much happier with Jmac taking a penalty for Aus than Cummings.

That’s well and good but people are bleating on how Cumdog should be picked ahead of him as our main striker. McLaren has eight goals in the last six games and Cumming two in five.

turbo

That’s well and good but people are bleating on how Cumdog should be picked ahead of him as our main striker. McLaren has eight goals in the last six games and Cumming two in five.
I think he should be purely because he will bring others into the attack more. Yes he's missed some sitters and I'd rather someone else take penalties but I'd wager his output combined with getting more from the wingers & other mids would eclipse Maclaren being more clinical in limited scenarios.

scottmac

Suspended
8 goals in 6 playing for the richest team in a small comp where he can afford to be exactly what he'sbest at. Now he's going to the WC and he'll need to be a completely different player to get goals. That's why everyone is bleating about it. He'll need to drop, hold the ball up, bring wingers into play, play neat one twos, make runs from the shoulder to get in behind, you know everything other than standing on the edge of the 6yrd box and receiving chances. Not saying that's his whole game but that is how he scores his goals.

How many assists has McLaren got compared to Cumdog? An Aussie striker needs to do it all. He's not going to receive the service he does at City. Either that or he starts hitting goals from everywhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred