• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

pjennings

To me - I think O'Neill has to start - he can control the tempo of the game. Bos and McGree who you refer to as having technical skills quote were as bad as any. Bos is not suited to defences that shut him down quickly. Even at LB he would struggle - probably more so with worse consequences. He thrives when he is given room.

In spite of all the good press for them I'm not a believer in Bos or Baccus. LB and RB are still problematic.

Allreet?

To me - I think O'Neill has to start - he can control the tempo of the game. Bos and McGree who you refer to as having technical skills quote were as bad as any. Bos is not suited to defences that shut him down quickly. Even at LB he would struggle - probably more so with worse consequences. He thrives when he is given room.

In spite of all the good press for them I'm not a believer in Bos or Baccus. LB and RB are still problematic.
Pretty much what I said. Two of the players who were most swarmed over and unable to play. Bos, in particular, ran into blind alleys and constantly lost possession.

Insertnamehere

Strain if fit is by far and away the best RB option.

Fair to say the Jones experiment is a dud.
Jones has improved each game. His cross for Boyle was inch perfect. He isn't anything special, he just fits the GA workman mould.

Not to say he won't regress in the next round.

I'd love to see Miller get a run. As well all would.
But maybe his hard fieriness would see him in trouble quicker than in Scotland. He also doesn't suit the stodgy way this GA gameplan is set up.

pjennings

Pretty much what I said. Two of the players who were most swarmed over and unable to play. Bos, in particular, ran into blind alleys and constantly lost possession.
I think my point is more that I do not think Bos is the answer going forward at all - either at LB or LW. Maybe against teams that don't press hard - but otherwise at LB in particular he could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Allreet?

I think my point is more that I do not think Bos is the answer going forward at all - either at LB or LW. Maybe against teams that don't press hard - but otherwise at LB in particular he could be a disaster waiting to happen.
He was awfully good at LB at City and I think that's where he's playing in Belgium.

He's shoehorned into a spot that doesn't quite suit him for Arnie. Needs to be coming from deep for his attacking moments.

Insertnamehere

He was awfully good at LB at City and I think that's where he's playing in Belgium.

He's shoehorned into a spot that doesn't quite suit him for Arnie. Needs to be coming from deep for his attacking moments.
IMO Faz suits this game plan better than Bos or Behich. He's a much better defender than both. His forward play is different to both. Whether it would work at this level I dunno.

pjennings

Noone pressed hard in the ALM and he has played around 40% LM at Westerlo.

He didn't impress me against us in the ALM. Maybe Tulio was making him look bad.

In other words he looks good in a dominant team that doesn't get pressed and where his immediate opponent doesn't pose a major threat. Sounds perfect for a Socceroo left back.

Last edited:

Big Al

Bos is a pretty talented LB. Quite attacking and looked good for the Socceroos as a LB against some questionable sides.

As a winger he is ordinary and the first thing you would think is they should turn him into a LB.

Let’s see how he goes with more space against the better teams who can play us back and forth and allow us a bit if counter attacking opportunities

booney

Lewis,Lewis,Lewis-what have you done?Now going into extra time.I feel the Koreans might do us-let's hope I am wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred