• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

umm

adz

Staff member
c5f6r.jpg

Luca Brasi

OK who didn't enjoy seeing SFC get knocked out of the ACL in the 90th minute last night!
I had just about given up after all the chances Shandong missed.
And Graham Arnold's response -

“I have to be more ruthless,” he said.
“I have to forget about developing kids. It’s what I love, but I’ve got to forget about it.
“I’ve got to get the best players I can find, and if that means I’m like a lot of the other clubs where I don’t have any kids, that’s what I have to do.
“It’s always something I’ve really enjoyed developing, and I watch the Socceroos squads and there’s five or six players I helped.
“But I can’t do that anymore. I have to think about what needs to happen to win.”

Tries to paint an altruistic picture of his massive failure in 2015/16.
Of the younger players only Woodcock and Naumoff are off contract this year, he will still have Calver, Blackwood, Hoole and OReilly on the books, not that he did a lot regarding their development.

Luca Brasi

Yep, stopped a goal scoring opportunity by dragging down a striker in the 6 yard box. Funny thing was it should have been called back for off side before the foul took place! Rumour is that Anderson is off to the middle east.

MagpieMariner

I may be quite wrong here, but when you look at his head coaching career, he may be somewhat overrated. Apart from his 3 years with us, what has he done? And let's remember the year after the championship, after we'd lost a raft of our best players, he wasn't travelling all that well just before he went to Japan.
Could it be that the players he had here performed as they did in spite of him, not because of him? The same could possibly be said of the players he had at FC last year.
Much as I hate to say it, Poppa has a better record the past 4 years, especially as he's built two new teams from the ground up and won the AFC with one of them.
Certainly FC should have done better than it did this year.

Gratis

I may be quite wrong here, but when you look at his head coaching career, he may be somewhat overrated. Apart from his 3 years with us, what has he done? And let's remember the year after the championship, after we'd lost a raft of our best players, he wasn't travelling all that well just before he went to Japan.
Could it be that the players he had here performed as they did in spite of him, not because of him? The same could possibly be said of the players he had at FC last year.
Much as I hate to say it, Poppa has a better record the past 4 years, especially as he's built two new teams from the ground up and won the AFC with one of them.
Certainly FC should have done better than it did this year.
I said something similar when he went to sfc - that I think the Mariners and the culture made him successful and less so the other way around. The two may have been complimentary in fairness and time will make all clear

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred