• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who do we want to coach us

Who do you want

• Monty

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Hutch

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Ben Cahn

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

turbo

Out of left field how about Muscat? An absolute c..t as a player but a good manager though not inclined to give youth a go at MV but most of their youth players were meh.At CCM would have to use the younger players.Definitely no team would stand over us with him as manager and the match officials would be on their guard.
Not tested outside of a big $ environment, rarely played youth. Pretty much the opposite of the pedigree we need. Plus as mick said we probably wouldn’t afford him nevermind his expected playing budget.

Ancient Mariner

Whoever it is, we are a great testing ground for coaches.
The league should make coaching the Mariners as a final year coaching ticket project and award a star rating on their final certificate.
Sort of like the star safety rating on cars.
This service could be a great way of making an extra dollar for the Club.

JackMariner

Sorry as long as MC remains owner we are adamant about our decision. Anyway it's a good excuse to pick up where my wife and I left off, farm sitting and caravanning in Tas NSW Vic eventually heading up to the route of Burke and Wills. We were 6 months into it when covid hit in Tasmania looking after a farm near Sheffield.

Last edited:

turbo

I would suggest holding fire about cancelling your membership JM, at least until you know who the replacement coach is and the club has had a chance to say its part
What will the club say? They won't air their dirty laundry or rip in to Staj. It will be a thanks for the amazing season, we're sorry to see him go but can't provide the financial investment Staj wanted at this time. We look forward to building on what he has created with our next manager who will be announced in due course.

If we get anything more substantial than that I will be very surprised.

Ozhammer

Do we definitely know that the reason for his departure is financial? Like has been mentioned in other threads, we know that a number of key re-signings have already occurred, so just how much truth is there to the rumour that Staj was unhappy about that side of things.

The plain fact is that some players from a side finishing third were going to get attractive offers from other clubs and our budget was always going to be limited, so there were inevitably going to be challenges addressing those two issues. Unless someone can categorically state that MC has played silly buggers with the team budget, I am not buying that story sorry. Our owner may be on the nose with many fans but he is infinitely preferable to a Martin Lee or Clive Palmer imho.

Also, with Ken involved in these sorts of discussions, I just can’t see him playing the bullsh*t game, as he is simply too straight a talker for that sort of thing.

Those that know me will know I am not an MC apologist and will call sh*t out when I see it but I still reckon this situation could lead to an even more positive outcome.

FFC Mariner

Do we definitely know that the reason for his departure is financial? Like has been mentioned in other threads, we know that a number of key re-signings have already occurred, so just how much truth is there to the rumour that Staj was unhappy about that side of things.

The plain fact is that some players from a side finishing third were going to get attractive offers from other clubs and our budget was always going to be limited, so there were inevitably going to be challenges addressing those two issues. Unless someone can categorically state that MC has played silly buggers with the team budget, I am not buying that story sorry. Our owner may be on the nose with many fans but he is infinitely preferable to a Martin Lee or Clive Palmer imho.

Also, with Ken involved in these sorts of discussions, I just can’t see him playing the bullsh*t game, as he is simply too straight a talker for that sort of thing.

Those that know me will know I am not an MC apologist and will call sh*t out when I see it but I still reckon this situation could lead to an even more positive outcome.
Vaguely defamatory "if you knew what I knew" is a dangeous path to go down given that a reasonable person might think you are implying another Matilda's situation.

Ancient Mariner

Do not forget, the Club has a large for sale sign hanging from it. Now the League has a committed broadcast partner and hopefully soon a sponsor. With those things in place it is now possible for a valuation to be put on an A-League licence and a functioning club.
For the last couple of years MC has probably had an asking price that no one would pay with all the uncertainties.
I very much doubt that he will continue to lose money on an investment that has probably now reached its highest value in terms of a realistic capital gain. Any extra he now spends keeping the Club afloat will be just good money chasing bad.
Now and the next couple of months will be the time that he will see the best offer he is likely to be offered for a long time.
I am predicting a sale between now and the start of the season.

Sit tight, enjoy the ride.

Blackadder

About the only more positive outcome is Arnie returning to Gosford, and MC buggering off never to be seen again.

LFCMariners

What will the club say? They won't air their dirty laundry or rip in to Staj. It will be a thanks for the amazing season, we're sorry to see him go but can't provide the financial investment Staj wanted at this time. We look forward to building on what he has created with our next manager who will be announced in due course.

If we get anything more substantial than that I will be very surprised.
What will the club say? They won't air their dirty laundry or rip in to Staj. It will be a thanks for the amazing season, we're sorry to see him go but can't provide the financial investment Staj wanted at this time. We look forward to building on what he has created with our next manager who will be announced in due course. Wow- let's all have a wank!

I'm sick of it Robbie- I've had enough- I want it to END!

Who does that sound like?

Ozhammer

Vaguely defamatory "if you knew what I knew" is a dangeous path to go down given that a reasonable person might think you are implying another Matilda's situation.
Calm down FFC, nothing I have posted is remotely defamatory, I am merely stating that there are two sides to every story and more often than not, the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

Staj undoubtedly had his reasons for walking and they may well be very principled or not, whilst equally the club may hold a different view, which it too is entitled to.

What we know is that Staj has quit, despite having a further year on his contract to run, so obviously something has changed and until we know what that something is, anything else is just speculation and opinion.

It has happened, so my only real concern from here on is what the club does moving forward.

Ironbark

Do not forget, the Club has a large for sale sign hanging from it. Now the League has a committed broadcast partner and hopefully soon a sponsor. With those things in place it is now possible for a valuation to be put on an A-League licence and a functioning club.
For the last couple of years MC has probably had an asking price that no one would pay with all the uncertainties.
I very much doubt that he will continue to lose money on an investment that has probably now reached its highest value in terms of a realistic capital gain. Any extra he now spends keeping the Club afloat will be just good money chasing bad.
Now and the next couple of months will be the time that he will see the best offer he is likely to be offered for a long time.
I am predicting a sale between now and the start of the season.

Sit tight, enjoy the ride.
This is what has had me thinking. MC wants to sell his Ferrari but it was filthy and running poorly needing a lot of work. This season through great staff effort the Ferrari is repaired, running well (3rd on the table FFS) clean and polished. If you want to sell and get top price the only logic that makes sense is to maintain the quality of the thing at least until sold now. It's not the time stop washing it and bail on services and run it back into the ground.

MC is not a financial idiot and I suspect he understands the above. To me this suggests there is something more to the story that we are not yet privy to (and may never be realistically).

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well, I have zero optimism for next season.
The one just passed was our first real rebuild season - and you need consistency from one season to the next. I'm having a hard time seeing who else could possible be capable coming into a rebuilding, highly underfunded squad
We've had too many coaches that lack A-League experience - an NPL coach is going back to that.

And god help us all, we better not be considering Rudan.

I bet we are though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami