• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Will Trump be Charged with Treason

midfielder

Massive evidence coming thu today, check most US wire services that Trump tried to stage a coup ....

The US is hugely divided along the lines of who you support....

I have wondered for a while will Trump be charged... its seems today he may...

For me the biggest claims coming out are his daughter and former attorney general said he was talking BS, he lost, and their was no election fraud...

Omni

Absolutely no chance. The Justice Department has been really reluctant to go too hard after him and his ally’s. They’re worried about reprisals for Biden’s admin when the GOP is back in power in 3 more years, like the GOP won’t do that shot anyway.

Not only will he not be pardoned. He’ll win election in 2024 use that as evidence of fraud and then work to undo the rules around two terms.

Insertnamehere

Absolutely no chance. The Justice Department has been really reluctant to go too hard after him and his ally’s. They’re worried about reprisals for Biden’s admin when the GOP is back in power in 3 more years, like the GOP won’t do that shot anyway.

Not only will he not be pardoned. He’ll win election in 2024 use that as evidence of fraud and then work to undo the rules around two terms.
US is fuk

pjennings

I think there is a lot going on in the background both at the DOJ and at the State level (where Federal pardons mean nothing). When Mueller gave his report he wanted the Senate to do their job and investigate. They didn't - but he also handed information to a number of different State jurisdictions that have been working away for a couple of years with many Grand Jurys already empaneled.

As for the Federal DOJ they seem to be working there way up the food chain a la a mafia trial. See who flips first. They take a long time but the longer the preliminaries go and the wider the net is thrown the more complete a case can be brought against the big wigs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the SCOTUS get there way in Moore v Harper later in the year then the States can put up alternate voters to the Electoral college and give legal coverage if Trump or another Republican (or theatrically Democrat) tries the same play (without the insurrection) as they did in the last election. i.e. they would not need the VP to do anything because the fix would be done before the votes get to Washington.

The Supreme Court has never invoked what is known as the independent state legislature doctrine, but four of the court's conservative justices have expressed interest in taking on the subject. One of them, Justice Clarence Thomas, was among three justices who advanced it in the Bush v. Gore case that settled the 2000 presidential election.

It takes a minimum of four of the nine justices to agree to hear a case (which they have done) so there is obvious interest to pursue the case and given the current composition of the Court there may well be a majority ready to pursue this line of reasoning.

The independent state legislative doctrine could also hold that state courts cannot stop legislatures from imposing any restrictions they want on congressional voting or even the selection of electors who choose the president of the United States.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this caught my eye today

ryan

I would like to see it. I can't believe he might be able to run again after he basically said he was fine with his VP being murdered. He is, and always was, a con man.

true believer

seems the raid on mar a lago .was because shit lips donny stole nuclear sercrets.
did someone say julius and ethel rosenthal !

pjennings

Republican primary Debates.

Trump - I won in 2016 and 2020. I'm the best candidate.
Other - If you won both you can't stand again.

Does he admit he lost 2020 so that he can stand again and by doing that does he also admit the last couple of years has been all about fleecing his followers?

Does anyone stand up to him and highlight all his shonky dealings?

JoyfulPenguin

Republican primary Debates.

Trump - I won in 2016 and 2020. I'm the best candidate.
Other - If you won both you can't stand again.

Does he admit he lost 2020 so that he can stand again and by doing that does he also admit the last couple of years has been all about fleecing his followers?

Does anyone stand up to him and highlight all his shonky dealings?
I doubt that there will be a Republican that will stand up to him. Maybe Liz Cheney or Mitt Romney but even that is doubtful.

Even Fox News attempted an initial push back but quickly fell in line. The Republicans are just the party of Trump now, nothing more or less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami