• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

Pirate Pete

CCM-A4-2021-Fixture-portrait.jpg

Ads

I haven’t gone through each team draw but do we feel we have been treated reasonably fairly?

Do other teams have a lot of Sunday 6pm, Monday & Tuesday games.

We might not be a bling team but for the general viewers our games can often be a lot more entertaining.

Going to be a lot harder getting to games in person than ever before.
Sunday, Monday Tuesday evenings anyone with kids will atleast second guess themselves whether it will be worth it.

Josho Howe

I tried to attach that file on my original post but it didn't let me for some reason.
I haven’t gone through each team draw but do we feel we have been treated reasonably fairly?

Do other teams have a lot of Sunday 6pm, Monday & Tuesday games.

We might not be a bling team but for the general viewers our games can often be a lot more entertaining.

Going to be a lot harder getting to games in person than ever before.
Sunday, Monday Tuesday evenings anyone with kids will atleast second guess themselves whether it will be worth it.
I haven't looked at other team's draws yet. Was just studying ours. Will have a look later and report back. I think we get some shitty kick off days and times coz that's what we've earned tbh....

Pirate Pete

I tried to attach that file on my original post but it didn't let me for some reason.

I haven't looked at other team's draws yet. Was just studying ours. Will have a look later and report back. I think we get some shitty kick off days and times coz that's what we've earned tbh....
Won't let me to start with either. Wasn't going to be beaten though.
The Monday & Tuesday games I might struggle to get there for kick off.

turbo

For a team that needs as many people through the gate as possible, Monday and Tuesday games don't help that but the draw's condensed this season. 9 games in the first 38 days of the season. We're gonna have to hit the ground running and get into form quickly.

Zero Friday night home games. 2 Saturday games and not until late March. That's going to have a big impact on bringing casual mates along for an evening out. Unless we are killing it (and I see no indication on paper we'll be that good) this will likely be our worst attendance yet.

I'm going to need to have a serious think about whether I can attend enough games to make renewing viable. Weeknights are difficult and back to back Sunday games will be hard to coordinate with the wife working.

Forum Phoenix

That's a huge waste of a derby. Round 1 people should be keen for anyway. NYE people should be keen for anyway although I believe council canned the fireworks this year.
But repeating the derby round 10 and round 13 so we've played 1 team3 times in the first 13 rounds is really dumb fixturing.
Hope to be wrong, but my guess is most jets fans will not to come to a derby that is NYE. Maybe families if we’d had the fireworks. Now what wannabe ultras?

Fear we’ve just cannibalised two fixtures by combining them. Again hope to be wrong.

As for Sunday afternoons, never been a great slot for us but better than Friday nights. They like to give prime time Saturdays to the clubs with bigger catchments. So we’re stuck with Sunday afternoons when the coast is still swimming and surfing and eating fish and chips.

Forum Phoenix

So Staj confirmed on Mariners TV we've got 2 foreign players signed. Just working through the details. Good news.
Awesome. I almost posted yesterday in the squad thread to be a little more patient. Our roster was too light to think they wouldn’t be working hard to bring in new players.

Names?

Forum Phoenix

That's a huge waste of a derby. Round 1 people should be keen for anyway. NYE people should be keen for anyway although I believe council canned the fireworks this year.
But repeating the derby round 10 and round 13 so we've played 1 team3 times in the first 13 rounds is really dumb fixturing.

In another year I’d be ropeable about this. But from the difficulties they were said to have with getting a covid draw together, crazy as it is, I’m not going to hold it against them.

pinklady

I disagree with the first part of your post Turbo. Realistically, the Jets is the only team that can attract enough away support to make the NYE game worthwhile. WSW have the New Years Day game and SFC won't travel on NYE (even if they can't attend the fireworks in Sydney). Unlike the first7 or 8 seasons of the HAL, we can't rely on 10,000+ locals turning up to this game, and unless our two attacking visa signings are Messi and Ronaldo it won't happen this year either.
As for the scheduling of 3 derbies in the first 13 rounds - I've never been able to understand the logic of that, unless it is to build interest and momentum ahead of less attractive fixtures towards the end of the season. If we are going in to the back half of the season with 3 derby victories under our belt it could well boost attendances - if we have 3 losses in the derby then we have no chance of attracting a crowd when we play the interstate teams.

turbo

In another year I’d be ropeable about this. But from the difficulties they were said to have with getting a covid draw together, crazy as it is, I’m not going to hold it against them.
I still will. That is by far our biggest fixture and to treat it so poorly is criminal. Sydney, WSW don’t travel. Bulls maybe, yet to be determined.

I had expected a bit more of a home heavy start and away heavy end to allow more home games in other regions in which case I could somewhat excuse it but that’s not really what we are seeing.

pinklady

Awesome. I almost posted yesterday in the squad thread to be a little more patient. Our roster was too light to think they wouldn’t be working hard to bring in new players.

Names?
Tasuku Sekiya was one we were trying to sign. He's playing in the QNPL Grand Final for Brisbane Olympic this week, so if he is one of them don't expect anything before the game. Personally I would hope for something a little bit better than another NPL striker (Murray, Powell, Bingham...) but given the constraints of MC's purse strings it is what I would expect.

turbo

I disagree with the first part of your post Turbo. Realistically, the Jets is the only team that can attract enough away support to make the NYE game worthwhile
The NYE game is supposed to be a draw for coast families with the fireworks, they are gone this year though so its just another holiday fixture in that regard and competes with other social plans. I tend to agree with FP, the worry is that Jets fans wont travel in their usual numbers and they will cannibalise two decent fixtures and end up with a sub standard derby.

I also believe we could be playing anyone round 1 and would get a reasonable turn out due to new season, new team etc.. use that hype on WU visiting or something not a game that traditionally draws well anyway.

JoyfulPenguin

Sad that there are no games in Melbourne till February but can't wait for that first one. We're going to need to add some depth quick to deal with the quick fire first segment of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred