• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

Man Overboard

I've already completed my survey but forgot to mention Paramount showing adverts during the game when they think that there is time [drink breaks that sometimes aren't and injuries]. There have been times that play has been missed because the coordinator decided to risk running ads

Tevor

I've already completed my survey but forgot to mention Paramount showing adverts during the game when they think that there is time [drink breaks that sometimes aren't and injuries]. There have been times that play has been missed because the coordinator decided to risk running ads
The APL has agreed to this so don't expect any changes there.

turbo

They've already made changes to the 'drinks breaks' and now play ads at natural stoppages with injuries etc.. But that's was only ever on FTA on Saturday nights. They dont play ads in play for any P+ broadcast even the Saturday night ones. You might hear the commentator mention the ad but the stream wont cut to an ad.

FFC Mariner

The frame rate is 50 fps for live matches and has been since round 4. But its only 25 fps for replays, mini and highlights which really sucks on larger screens.

Unfortunately not everyone has someone that can do that so easily or respond when it falls over. I got my old man a chromecast with google tv and got him running on my p+ sub but if I didnt he would only be watching the FTA games. Low awareness around the league plus tech hurdles is a bad combo.
100%

Forum Phoenix

They are on the fetch box and it works well for anything other than the shitty quality of their frame rates on football.

Family experience tells me that elderly people happily embrace technology provided someone walks them through the process.
Yeah I’m on fetch box too. The replays (already painfully slow to come up) for some reason don’t go up as quickly as when I login to P+ App directly on my laptop.

Forum Phoenix

They are on the fetch box and it works well for anything other than the shitty quality of their frame rates on football.

Family experience tells me that elderly people happily embrace technology provided someone walks them through the process.
Yeah I’m about five walkthroughs, ten emails, multiple orders of various cables and app purchases deep into helping some of them.

It’s not about happily embracing the tech (though I’m sure some don’t) it’s actually just managing.

Last edited:

Ironbark

As thing stand -

* Last 7 games undefeated
* 21 goals
* Average of 3 goals per game over each of the last 7 games
* 3 points off 3rd on the ladder
* Games in hand over some teams above us on the ladder
* On a roll - a bunch of mates who are clearly enjoying playing

Last edited:

Rising Sun

As thing stand -

* Last 7 games undefeated
* 21 goals
* Average of 3 goals per game over each of the last 7 games
* 3 points off 3rd on the ladder
* Games in hand over some teams above us on the ladder
* On a roll - a bunch of mates who are clearly enjoying playing
Your point is a very valid one but maths is not your strong point. By my count it is 17 goals in the last 7. A more valid statistic for the goals is 14 in the last 4 (cue those that want to suggest a cause and effect relationship with Oli's absence).

There is also only one team better than us in each of the categories of goal difference, goals scored (both City) and goals conceded (Meths).

The fact that we have the 2nd best goal difference but are still out of the 6 seems like an anomaly, even allowing for the uneven number of games that teams have played, but I think it is testament to an underrated fact that for all the trials and tribulations we have had, we have been competitive and in every game right to the final whistle bar one. The exception was City at home, the only game we have lost by more than a goal - and we had enough players down with covid to call that one off - the only reason we went ahead is because we desperately needed to get some minutes into the legs of players who were just recovering from covid prior to the cup final

Tevor

Your point is a very valid one but maths is not your strong point. By my count it is 17 goals in the last 7. A more valid statistic for the goals is 14 in the last 4 (cue those that want to suggest a cause and effect relationship with Oli's absence).

There is also only one team better than us in each of the categories of goal difference, goals scored (both City) and goals conceded (Meths).

The fact that we have the 2nd best goal difference but are still out of the 6 seems like an anomaly, even allowing for the uneven number of games that teams have played, but I think it is testament to an underrated fact that for all the trials and tribulations we have had, we have been competitive and in every game right to the final whistle bar one. The exception was City at home, the only game we have lost by more than a goal - and we had enough players down with covid to call that one off - the only reason we went ahead is because we desperately needed to get some minutes into the legs of players who were just recovering from covid prior to the cup final
Moss is so much better at commentating when Scummer Homer isn't beside him. He even said in last nights game that the top 6 has to worry about one team outside of the 6 at the moment and it is us. We have the form and momentum at the right time of the season and there are a few in the 6 not deserving on current form.

I've mentioned the Oli situation in the game thread so will not repeat it here. The silence from the forum is deafening.

Ironbark

Yep - you're right. I had in my head we'd scored 16 in the last 6 (not sure why) so just added 5 on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred