• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

marinermick

Uh oh, this doesn't read well at all. If he's banking on pulling another kuol out of the hat then we're in trouble.

This article is worrying, it makes him come across as confused. Going to be an interesting first few games, we can't be all things at once. It was looking like we were setting up as an attacking side, now it sounds like the instructions will be defend and hit on the break.

Ugh i hope we don't get caught between 2 different strategies and become master of none. Don't get scared and copy last season, Staj likely left because he knew it wouldn't work for another season, the tactics got found out.

I'll try to be positive but this article is not giving me confidence at all and might explain some of what we saw on Saturday.

Reads to me like he not giving away too much about how we are going to play. Easier to say we will play like last season than say how it will really be.

scottmac

Suspended
Uh oh, this doesn't read well at all. If he's banking on pulling another kuol out of the hat then we're in trouble.

This article is worrying, it makes him come across as confused. Going to be an interesting first few games, we can't be all things at once. It was looking like we were setting up as an attacking side, now it sounds like the instructions will be defend and hit on the break.

Ugh i hope we don't get caught between 2 different strategies and become master of none. Don't get scared and copy last season, Staj likely left because he knew it wouldn't work for another season, the tactics got found out.

I'll try to be positive but this article is not giving me confidence at all and might explain some of what we saw on Saturday.
Come on Dob. What's he going to do, just drop the teams tactics for the next 10 matches? This guy played premier league. It's not his first rodeo (even though it literally IS his first rodeo) last year we got figured out within 12 matches or so and struggled to get wins from there on. Don't expect to be told the full truth in a media release.

Tevor

Come on Dob. What's he going to do, just drop the teams tactics for the next 10 matches? This guy played premier league. It's not his first rodeo (even though it literally IS his first rodeo) last year we got figured out within 12 matches or so and struggled to get wins from there on. Don't expect to be told the full truth in a media release.
Yep time will tell on tactics and I get the feeling we didn't show our hand in the cup game. As a player Monty was a real competitor so I doubt he is not bring that mentality into his management style, Sunday arvo will reveal all. Can't wait and the Scum will be a decent test I feel.

I get the feeling the reference to Alou is more about a young player coming from obscurity and by mid season having signed an overseas deal and now doing really well for themselves. I'm sure he uses this for all the up and comers as a real example of how the club can give you an opportunity and it's up to you to embrace it. I have no doubt Moresche, NKololo and Cy all have the mindset of using us a spring board to something bigger. If they perform well for us whilst here and we make money out of it then it's a win/win.

In round one last season I wouldn't have put money on Alou signing an overseas contract after 10 or so rounds.

Ben10

Comp kicks off on Friday, prime time to hear some predictions, the bold and not so bold, here's mine:

Table
1. Melbourne City
2. Melbourne Victory
3. Sydney
4. Brisbane
5. WSW
6. CCM
7. The Nix
8. Perth
9. Western
10. Adelaide
11. Bulls
12. Newcastle

Golden Boot: Jmac
Spoon: Newcastle
Surprise packet: Victory to bounce back in a big way under Poppa
Biggest Flop: The Bulls. Could even grab the spoon if it all unravels

Melange

Comp kicks off on Friday, prime time to hear some predictions, the bold and not so bold, here's mine:

Table
1. Melbourne City
2. Melbourne Victory
3. Sydney
4. Brisbane
5. WSW
6. CCM
7. The Nix
8. Perth
9. Western
10. Adelaide
11. Bulls
12. Newcastle

Good call Ben. Some general comments:
I think Bling may struggle compared to previous years.
WU potential basket case.
Adelaide's squad has gone backwards and won't make the 6.
Scum look okay, but will they have the squad unity if results don't go their way early - a smokey for the 6.
Bulls and Wanderers coaches need to succeed with those squads.
Bulls will have players who expected to start on the bench, squad harmony issues?

Of your top six it wouldn't surprise me if Bling drop out, and Victory may not end up as high as your prediction.

Bring on the season!

pjennings

Table
1. Melbourne City
2. Melbourne Victory
3. Sydney
4. Brisbane
5. WSW
6. CCM
7. The Nix
8. Perth
9. Western
10. Adelaide
11. Bulls
12. Newcastle

Agree that Victory will bounce back and that City look strong. Sydney I think have peaked and need to renew their squad. They will make the six but I can't see much more than that.

As for the rest - throw a blanket over the them. I wouldn't have Brisbane that high or Perth that low. I expect us to be in the 4-8 range - so challenge for the six but not for the premiership. After that we can see what happens.

Ironbark

Agree that Victory will bounce back and that City look strong. Sydney I think have peaked and need to renew their squad. They will make the six but I can't see much more than that.

As for the rest - throw a blanket over the them. I wouldn't have Brisbane that high or Perth that low. I expect us to be in the 4-8 range - so challenge for the six but not for the premiership. After that we can see what happens.
This feels right

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I saw on Twatter that blokes on kickoff.com.AU have got us coming ninth and spoon respectively …pair of delusional arsehats , not saying we’re gonna take the whole shebang , but we’re gonna do at least as good as last year if not mildly better

Tevor

I saw on Twatter that blokes on kickoff.com.AU have got us coming ninth and spoon respectively …pair of delusional arsehats , not saying we’re gonna take the whole shebang , but we’re gonna do at least as good as last year if not mildly better
I can understand why, if you were to look at the rosters of all teams for the upcoming season you would see us, The Red Divers, Roar and the Nix not really adding any big name experience players in the off season. Even the Scum would look better with the 50 players (exaggeration) they have on their roster. When I look through the other teams they have all strengthened on last season and we have kept our spine and taken a punt on three young visa players. Muller is also a bit of a gamble as he was underwhelming last season not to mention a debutante Manager. Our history of visa players is not strong either with way more flops than successes so I can see why we are going to be picked for the spoon or in the bottom three.

Just like every season your roster isn't everything and there are so many variables. I don't see us coming third again to be honest. A good result will be mid table and scraping into the finals. After three or four rounds we will see who has recruited well and which Managers are going to succeed. I really hope Monty is a surprise packet. I don't see any of the other teams on paper as easy beats this season unlike last year.

Monty needs to focus on the underdog mentality and we will need to play at 150% every game. We all have hope and aspirations at the start of the season and its inevitable that half the clubs in the comp are going to be disappointed with their season. Lets not be one of those please.

turbo

I think we're a more rounded side than last year but still have some weak spots or questions - my main ones are around LB and if we can adjust to cover Stens work rate. But the league has also improved IMO. Could be a close season, IMO Adelaide, Wellington, Us and the Jets all looking like having comparatively weak squads on paper but then again it didnt hurt us too much last year.

pjennings

I think we're a more rounded side than last year but still have some weak spots or questions - my main ones are around LB and if we can adjust to cover Stens work rate. But the league has also improved IMO. Could be a close season, IMO Adelaide, Wellington, Us and the Jets all looking like having comparatively weak squads on paper but then again it didnt hurt us too much last year.
I'd throw Roar in there as well.

Then you have the pressure on Robinson at WSW and what looks like internal strife at Macarthur, the continuing search for identity that is Western United and does Sturridge stay injury free for Perth (big if given recent seasons). Sydney also may have passed their peak.

City looks as good or better than last season and Poppa has recruited well at Victory.

Tevor

I'd throw Roar in there as well.

Then you have the pressure on Robinson at WSW and what looks like internal strife at Macarthur, the continuing search for identity that is Western United and does Sturridge stay injury free for Perth (big if given recent seasons). Sydney also may have passed their peak.

City looks as good or better than last season and Poppa has recruited well at Victory.
Yep the two Melbourne clubs could dominate this season. Agree that SFC are on the downward trajectory and need to re-build, hanging onto old players for too long (the new Dads Army of the league). Robinson has no excuse at the Drive Byes so definite pressure on him. I watched some of the Cows cup game, with M'mombwa, DDS and the Mexican they had a lot of skilled players running around in circles with the ball. Noone looked the best as he plays more direct, they will win the possession stats but not as many games I feel. Was hard to take much out of that game as Newcastle Olympic put up very little fight.

turbo

Hard to tell whether things have settled at Macathur (did they call the managers bluff perhaps?) or if FFA cup just gave that impression. They're probably the riskiest side IMO - a lot of potential for success or a flop.

Roar I think will be mid table, WSW potentially there too although I feel the expectation will be top 4 or bust for Robinson. Perth have a lot of firepower but is ONeil enough to fix their structure and defence?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred