• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021 FFA Cup

Coastalraider

Cu looks a class above, he could be our best technical signing for a while once he gets some combinations going. Super impressive.
But the big one for me was Nizzy, he was everywhere in that second half and completely dominated play. I feel like he made a big step in confidence last night.

I was texting an FC mate telling him to tune in to watch the new best midfielder… Nizzkovich.

Ads

We haven’t played bad in the first 2 a-league matches but I always thought we might look decent as a 3-5-2.

Helps support Olli in the middle as Olli often pushes high as he runs through with the defensive push.

———HALL——-TONG——ROWLES——
CY——NIZ——-OLLI——BALL——-FAZZ
————URENA——MORESHE—————

Ozhammer

Managed to grab a drink with some of the club’s staff post-game and it was wonderful to see how much the result meant to them. They are 100% invested in what they do and it is easy to see that the club means as much to them as it does to us everyday fans.

Reflecting on the game, I found it exciting to watch and everything a cup contest should supposedly be with plenty of drama and talking points. I haven’t seen the Birraz incident as yet, so don’t have a view on that but I thought the nous Monty showed and the determination the boys showed to get the job done was immense.

Sure, Wollongong weren’t the best NPL side we have ever come up against but we still had to get the job done and without some of our big name players, whilst keeping one eye on having to play the Heiffers on Sunday.

All in all, I give the team a big thumbs up and will reserve judgement on Birraz until I have seen the replay, although I understand the club is likely to appeal the card.

Ben10

HUGE effort. To play majority of a game with ten men, some of whom with only a handful of appearances, is amazing. Big character building game, this will help the younger guys out immensely in the season to come.

Monty gets all the points for me. Tried to play some younger boys at the start, formation change worked and subs all had an impact- love to see it.

Ref was obviously pretty rubbish, I thought that Farrell was hit from behind when he won a header off a corner (I think late in the first half) which, had he gone done, may have been a pen. Up up!

Michael

The absolute best part of last night was Wollongong knowing their only chance to beat our lads was to kick them off the park and rile them up. Not saying it didn’t work, they almost got us. Miller played on the edge but impressively controlled himself.
95% of the game we were composed and totally dominated them.
The most impressed I’ve been in years. I don’t care about the level of opposition.

VonBowellski

Didnt see the game or watched the highlights yet but i read the commentry on the KeepUp page, seemed like nearly every shot was from Urena with an assist from Nizzy. Looks like a great combination developing there and i seem to recall in a video or something that Urena said he was working with Nizz a fair bit at training.

Tevor

Waiting for the replay to come on 10 Play, wonder how long it takes to come up as I can see all the other previous matches just none from last night. Didn't get to watch it and after reading this thread keen to see what all the action was about.

Kilsin

I want to pay credit to Monty tonight. This bloke is a dead set quality coach! Tony, Dross, Mulvey or Okunt would have switched to 441 and with a cheating Ref we would have lost or conceded 2 more on the break.
Urena and Cy's quality was obvious and steadied the ship.
Nizzy was MOM and simply awesome. Farrell is something else.....f**king love this kid already.
I almost want to give Monty the MOTM, he was brilliant with his subs, tactics, timing...can't wait to see what else he can do with the squad throughout this season.

It's so refreshing to see a coach plan, execute, react and actually fight and chase a win rather than defend, equalise and park the bus...long live Monty!!

Big Al

Managed to grab a drink with some of the club’s staff post-game and it was wonderful to see how much the result meant to them. They are 100% invested in what they do and it is easy to see that the club means as much to them as it does to us everyday fans.

Reflecting on the game, I found it exciting to watch and everything a cup contest should supposedly be with plenty of drama and talking points. I haven’t seen the Birraz incident as yet, so don’t have a view on that but I thought the nous Monty showed and the determination the boys showed to get the job done was immense.

Sure, Wollongong weren’t the best NPL side we have ever come up against but we still had to get the job done and without some of our big name players, whilst keeping one eye on having to play the Heiffers on Sunday.

All in all, I give the team a big thumbs up and will reserve judgement on Birraz until I have seen the replay, although I understand the club is likely to appeal the card.
I’ll save you the time. Dropped a shoulder instead of using a two handed push. Got pinged for being stupid. Ref didn’t see it so touchy gave him the info so may have seemed worse from afar but was a blatant premeditated use of the shoulder to inflict pain while trying to seem like he didn’t do anything. Got what he deserved IMO. Don’t give the ref a reason to show the red.

Shaun Mielekamp

Just for everyone's reference the FFA Cup sanction and review process is different to the A-League. This is still entirely run by the FA not the APL and there is a determination that automatically allocates a minimum sanction. Very similar to FNSW processes in NPL for those that are across that.
In short we will await the determination of the FA if this is to be deemed 1. Violent Conduct for 2 games, 2. Unsportman-like behaviour which is 1 game or 3. that the ref's got it wrong and rescind the red card altogether.
Could be as soon as this afternoon or as late as tomorrow afternoon.
We have made a formal submission on Mark's behalf after reviewing the incident which is I suppose best described as presenting our case before the decision is made.
This way at least when FA make their deliberation we have confidence they have all the viewpoints to consider on the matter. We do not know as yet formally what was written in the Referee's report and that ultimately will decide the outcome determined by the FA.

Any suspension is applicable to the A-League matches as it applies to all competitive games.

I hope this answers the questions that people might have.

yellowcake

Shaun (if you are able to answer), is he OK? The attacker didn't miss him.
A generalisation e.g. "nothing too serious" will suffice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami