• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2022/23 Season

JoyfulPenguin

Keep Up is such an ironic name, their articles are usually inaccurate and look like they were knocked up in 5 mins. The signings list in that article has our biggest signing missing, so apparently it'll be Sozer in goal this season...I haven't bothered to check who else he might have missed but that jumped straight out at me.
According to Danny Townsend all the Silver Lake money was farmed into it too, millions for an app that barely functions...

Insertnamehere

According to Danny Townsend all the Silver Lake money was farmed into it too, millions for an app that barely functions...
Up there with govt wastefulness. Its a fkn app. You could have a team in India build and maintain for virtually belly button lint.

Now if APL are working on building it into their own steaming service I could see value.

turbo

Up there with govt wastefulness. Its a fkn app. You could have a team in India build and maintain for virtually belly button lint.

Now if APL are working on building it into their own steaming service I could see value.
I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions there. Any keep up spend could also be around content generation as well as the tech itself and we dont know how much over what period.

Rising Sun

I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions there. Any keep up spend could also be around content generation as well as the tech itself and we dont know how much over what period.
When it was launched it was referred to as a "$30m app" with the implication that is what they had paid to deliver the phase 1. If that was the case then they were certainly ripped off so hopefully it does also include an element of projected or planned future spend.

They are building a fantasy league game in the app that includes the ability to improve your performance by purchasing NFTs. They have been on with that over a year and still not finished so that must be costing a bob or two (plus the additional unbudgeted cost of re-skinning the SportsDeck game for this season so they didn't lose face not having anything ready).

They have also invested a fair amount in the infrastructure to hold the entire Fox Sports A-League archive so that it can be viewed through the KeepUp app. (And then they'll probably get hammered for delivering a solution that you can only watch on your TV via Chromecasting so have to invest some more.)

Rising Sun

Danny GB sees the app as central component of the APL strategy and is happy to throw millions at it. The rationale as I understand it is two-pronged -

(1) A-League following is skewed to a younger demographic (is that true?) that want "digital engagement"

(2) they want to attract the vast number of people who follow Euro football but not A-League. The plan is that that KeepUp becomes the go-to app for Euro content, and the Euro fans see all the A League content intermingled amongst it and in no time at all they become big A-League fans. (Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.)

The other key part of the strategy was the TV deal, and the 2 most important components of that per DGB were, in order of importance, the fact that we were now FTA on a major channel (oh dear) and we were the "anchor sport" for Paramount (and that is working out really well isn't it). So it looks like its all down to the app now.

Corsair

Danny GB sees the app as central component of the APL strategy and is happy to throw millions at it. The rationale as I understand it is two-pronged -

(1) A-League following is skewed to a younger demographic (is that true?) that want "digital engagement"

(2) they want to attract the vast number of people who follow Euro football but not A-League. The plan is that that KeepUp becomes the go-to app for Euro content, and the Euro fans see all the A League content intermingled amongst it and in no time at all they become big A-League fans. (Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.)

The other key part of the strategy was the TV deal, and the 2 most important components of that per DGB were, in order of importance, the fact that we were now FTA on a major channel (oh dear) and we were the "anchor sport" for Paramount (and that is working out really well isn't it). So it looks like its all down to the app now.
I consider myself an Aleague fan, CCM member for 10 years, I do not use the KeepUp App. The user tracking on it is way too invasive for no good reason for me to use it. Actually it looks like you can now skip the login and the location tracking which you couldn't previously so maybe it's worth a look. Not really sure what it offers other than some half baked articles, what content are you guys using it for?

Wombat

I consider myself an Aleague fan, CCM member for 10 years, I do not use the KeepUp App. The user tracking on it is way too invasive for no good reason for me to use it. Actually it looks like you can now skip the login and the location tracking which you couldn't previously so maybe it's worth a look. Not really sure what it offers other than some half baked articles, what content are you guys using it for?
Tracking you.

Insertnamehere

So if youre technical enough you can sandbox it but yeah its pretty gross

turbo

TBF, his goal was beautifully taken after muscling Lacroix off the ball. Showed a bit more than a tap in there and probably booked his ticket (if he hadn't already). I reckon if JC goes to Qatar it will be at Taggart's expense.
Can’t see France coughing it up for him to capitalise on though. He doesn’t deliver at that level.

Allreet?

Can’t see France coughing it up for him to capitalise on though. He doesn’t deliver at that level.
True, but I think he's a wasted pick anyway given the way Arnie sets us up. Melb City's whole game plan is about setting up chaos in the box and MacLaren thrives on that. We never do it with the Socceroos though so JMac is a waste of space. Far better off with someone like Duke in the Arnie system but I'd rather he changed things quite profoundly and paired Cummings and Kuol. Fat chance of that happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred