• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar.

scottmac

Suspended
Loving all the social media talk of FIFA corruption with the decision to give that close line call in the Spain Japan game. Why on earth would fifa favour Japan over a European nation. If it was corruption in this particular call ( ignoring all the other very relevant very real corruption that goes on) why boot out one of your powerhouses. I thought it was a great use of video tech.

turbo

why boot out one of your powerhouses
If I had to find an angle there I'd be saying it might allow FIFA to engineer a deeper run for other favorites without resorting to really blatant cheating. It's a stretch but the only angle that makes sense. In reality it appears to be the right call and the Germans are just being salty.

Big Al

On a more serious note it will be interesting to see what we have up our sleeves if we fall behind in an elimination game. Obviously timing would be important and we wont go all out if we go behind early but how do we respond if at half time or later in the game? That's the scenario we've taken Garang for, do we even go really aggressive and play him and Tillio outside Maclaren? It could go down in flames or be spectacular.
I was thinking more about whether we go with the same starting team now with extra time a possibility.

Can Leckie put in another shift or does he need a rest and come on as sub or just play him till he is gassed.

Baccus was an interesting shift instead of Mabil and worked because we were in front and went defensive.

As for your question I think Garang would be held for extra time. I think you get an extra sub then. He would be potent against very tired players but maybe not defensive enough in the 90 if the game is tight but he definitely one with the something special to win or help bring us back

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred