• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar.

Melange

Mbappe missing that sitter is a gift, can we take advantage?

But pressing them hard best our box is giving them way too much time to pick passes.

Atkinson, unfortunately that mistake was coming, he's playing very nervously. McGree not taking his chance.

Melange

Great commentary from Kewell too. For him when McGree shoots he'd prefer to see it going towards the goal.

And he likes it when players head it that they use their head to do so.

I've got $5 on him to say "again" more than 15 times during the commentary. He's already up at 9.

Tevor

Found Mooy frustrating, negative, slow and losing possession way too much. Irvine and Mooy as our mids gave Griezman way too much room. Atkinson got a lesson but tough gig for anyone. Unfortunately for our boys they come on to a negative team and given hardly any chances to do anything.

marinermick

Found Mooy frustrating, negative, slow and losing possession way too much. Irvine and Mooy as our mids gave Griezman way too much room. Atkinson got a lesson but tough gig for anyone. Unfortunately for our boys they come on to a negative team and given hardly any chances to do anything.

I swear Mooy is an energy vampire:

turbo

Completely wrong tone from the squad once France switched on. We withdrew from the game into the shell and hoped to minimize damage. No ambition in the subs or to counter with a plan, that one is on Arnold. We could have put Redders up front instead of Cummings and it wouldnt have changed a thing.

Tevor

Completely wrong tone from the squad once France switched on. We withdrew from the game into the shell and hoped to minimize damage. No ambition in the subs or to counter with a plan, that one is on Arnold. We could have put Redders up front instead of Cummings and it wouldnt have changed a thing.
It was like disbelief we scored so early, the second goal was a huge mistake by Ryan as the defence was well pressed by France and playing out was not an option. Totally agree with the comments on Arnie, what was the good of making subs when the mid field just wanted to turn and pass backwards. At least once Mooy was in a position to release Garang however he was to slow in reacting and then had to turn and pass back. Super frustrating and feel for the players as I think they would feel better about the result if they had more of a crack.

pjennings

It was like disbelief we scored so early, the second goal was a huge mistake by Ryan as the defence was well pressed by France and playing out was not an option. Totally agree with the comments on Arnie, what was the good of making subs when the mid field just wanted to turn and pass backwards. At least once Mooy was in a position to release Garang however he was to slow in reacting and then had to turn and pass back. Super frustrating and feel for the players as I think they would feel better about the result if they had more of a crack.
Sorry - but if we can't pass the ball out from the back then they will just be back on us in 10 seconds anyway. TBH it wasn't even a heavy press from France. Irvine was open and called for it. He had Mooy inside who had more room but played wide to Atkinson. Atkinson was badly positioned because it should have been a simply play up the line to Leckie. Instead he played it back towards goal poorly and lost it.

Ironbark

Totally agree with the comments on Arnie, what was the good of making subs when the mid field just wanted to turn and pass backwards. At least once Mooy was in a position to release Garang however he was to slow in reacting and then had to turn and pass back. Super frustrating and feel for the players as I think they would feel better about the result if they had more of a crack.
Yep this. Forwards were wasted as even a half turn and play it forward would have been on, but always went back to CBs. Then we had to try and play through their set defence. Stupid tactics.

FFC Mariner

Rowles got a rating of 2/10
Generous.
Simply put, Australia v France is the football equivalent of Ireland playing a 5 day test against Australia in Perth.
They could win, but you know they won't.
Socceroos are a competitive AFC side who get to world cups.
Yes, the coach is simply favouring his mates and triggering world cup add ons in contracts (I reckon we got one for Rowles and Garang)
They won't win a game but will enjoy the experience and pick up loads of cash.
Sounds good to me

StensnessGOAT

Agreed, I may be biased but I didn't think Rowlesy was that bad holy shit.

Feel for Atkinson. Actually did make some decent blocks on Mbappe but a 90 minute 1 v 1 dual with Mbappe with minimal support from Leckie was always gonna result in Mbappe beating him a few times and being highly costly. Doubt it would've been any different if it were Deng or Karacic.

StensnessGOAT

Absolute battering to our goal difference but I don't think it should matter, Denmark drew with Tunisia. Theoretically we beat Tunisia and draw with Denmark and we're through.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred