• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A League Expansion

Insertnamehere

I Think FFA are anti NPL no matter if efnik or not.

They like the idea of fresh is best. They think they can do WSW again. I don’t think they can. Think they got a little lucky there
Crawford review. One recommendation was no old teams in the HAL.
But then so was HAL self governance...

Insertnamehere

The FFA has had little or no vision with regard to the growth of professional football for the last 10 years, so why would any of us think that will change now?

It’s all about metrics to them, not about bringing more colour or real football interest unfortunately.
Metric #1 must be cash. We don't want no more owners with supposed wealth but nothing but moths.

style_cafe

Interesting to see that Sydney FC has backed the Campbelltown bid whilst condemning the Southern Expansion (SE) bid.
This was then backed up by Robbie Slater later on Fox.
Considering that Craig Foster is one of the guys behind SE it sets the scene for a heated showdown sometime on Foxsports.

It also gives a lot of credence to the Campbelltown bid which seems to be gaining some momentum.

Personally I`m with FP & would like to see them bring in 4 teams.
1) Tassie due to representing the whole state
2) Campbelltown due to my association with that region & the fact it is a huge growth area with a strong football culture
3) South Melbourne due to the history & they already have a stadium albeit small
4) Canberra as it would give regional NSW a chance to compete directly with the other codes

The other bids should also be put on notice that future expansion would be reviewed every 12 months.

Wombat

Canberra showed zero interest in us when MC was whoring us out. I'd prefer Wollongong which has a bigger Football pedigree.

style_cafe

Canberra showed zero interest in us when MC was whoring us out. I'd prefer Wollongong which has a bigger Football pedigree.
Canberra showed zero interest because we are the Central Coast.
If Canberra had their own team the interest would be there.

I`d like to see Southern Expansion join with Wollongong & submit a bid next year.
Possibly West Melbourne could then enter with them

pjennings

Given we have not seen the proposals this is a bit of crystal ball gazing.

I think the final two will be from in and around Sydney probably Macarthur and Wollongong
. With existing clubs, state federations and the players’ union all be given the chance to submit their views on expansion and how any new teams would affect their operations I think South Melbourne and Southern Expansion will both be identified as likely to hurt existing franchises and will not make the cut. Macarthur and Wollongong have viable stadiums ready to go, would give another 'derby' with only a 50 minute drive between the two and Wollongong and Perth also have a rivalry from NSL days.

My personal preference is that after the two (or very unlikely four) are added that all future new teams come from a second division. I think that the six that will be shortlisted will be

1. Macarthur (Campbelltown)
2.“Team 11” (South East Victoria)
3. Western Melbourne ( Wyndham )
4. Brisbane City
5. Wollongong Wolves
6. Tasmania

Macarthur and Team 11 will get the nod because their stadiums are viable now. I suspect the FFA will then work with the rest to look at the next wave and how to get more football stadiums. i.e. private investment in Western Melbourne, council and government money and maybe Belgravia money for Team 11, possible redevelopment of Ballymore or other Brisbane options and a rectangular stadium in Hobart.

That said if we to pick four to come in at one time I would like to see.

1. Macarthur (Campbelltown)
2 Wollongong
3. Canberra
4. Tasmania

Insertnamehere

Interesting to see that Sydney FC has backed the Campbelltown bid whilst condemning the Southern Expansion (SE) bid.
Considering that Craig Foster is one of the guys behind SE it sets the scene for a heated showdown sometime on Foxsports.

It also gives a lot of credence to the Campbelltown bid which seems to be gaining some momentum.

2) Campbelltown due to my association with that region & the fact it is a huge growth area with a strong football culture
3) South Melbourne due to the history & they already have a stadium albeit small
4) Canberra as it would give regional NSW a chance to compete directly with the other codes

The other bids should also be put on notice that future expansion would be reviewed every 12 months.
You're really looking at 5 when nux get booted

Blackadder

The only reason the Bling are backing a Campbelltown bid , is it's seen as WSW territory.:piralaugh:

Woollybutt

Canberra showed zero interest because we are the Central Coast.
If Canberra had their own team the interest would be there.

I`d like to see Southern Expansion join with Wollongong & submit a bid next year.
Possibly West Melbourne could then enter with them
Southern Expansion have already got Football South Coast on board and are claiming to represent the Illawarra. I don't know anyone down here that has any interest in Southern Expansion though, but there's plenty of support for the Wolves bid. There are at least nine current A-League players with verbal agreements to join if they get in because playing for your home town club actually means something to them. There's a great stadium ready to go, a community ownership model, a partnership with a superb women's team (Illawarra Stingrays), Indigenous community programs, strong youth pathways, and support from Wollongong Council and Football South Coast. Southern Expansion have foreign money, an imaginary stadium, and Morris Iemma.

Southern Expansion can do one. I'm sick of metrics and plastic clubs with manufactured identities and crap politicians. I would take a romantic pick over one that meets the metrics any day. Football's meant to be romantic. It's Wollongong and Tasmania for me.

Tevor

Southern Expansion have already got Football South Coast on board and are claiming to represent the Illawarra. I don't know anyone down here that has any interest in Southern Expansion though, but there's plenty of support for the Wolves bid. There are at least nine current A-League players with verbal agreements to join if they get in because playing for your home town club actually means something to them. There's a great stadium ready to go, a community ownership model, a partnership with a superb women's team (Illawarra Stingrays), Indigenous community programs, strong youth pathways, and support from Wollongong Council and Football South Coast. Southern Expansion have foreign money, an imaginary stadium, and Morris Iemma.

Southern Expansion can do one. I'm sick of metrics and plastic clubs with manufactured identities and crap politicians. I would take a romantic pick over one that meets the metrics any day. Football's meant to be romantic. It's Wollongong and Tasmania for me.
100%, just don’t have any faith in FFA, the Wolves would make a great addition to the HAL. Just hope the Bling can successfully campaign against Southern Expansion.

style_cafe

June is nearly over so we should be hearing soon which expressions of interest will be shortlisted to submit their bid....:popcorn:

JoyfulPenguin

I personally quite like the Team 11 bid, Dandenong is a huge untapped market with a massive number of refugees over multiple generations settled there. The AFL has abandoned suburban sports grounds in Melbourne for the soulless Etihad Stadium, and Dandenong and the South East in general have produced a great number of fantastic players. They are also engaging extremely well with the local community and local clubs as well as having the backing of the Dandenong Council.

Would love Canberra or Tassie as well, basically anything except Southern Expansion.

adz

Staff member
15 down to 10

The 15 10 bids
ACT: Canberra
New South Wales: South-West Sydney (Liverpool), Southern Expansion (Sutherland-St George Illawarra), Wollongong Wolves, Macarthur (Campbelltown)
Queensland: Brisbane City, Gold Coast United, Western Pride/Ipswich
South Australia: West Adelaide
Tasmania: State-wide

Victoria: Team 11 (South-East Melbourne), South Melbourne, Western Melbourne, Belgravia Leisure
Western Australia: Fremantle City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred