• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A League Expansion

sydmariner

Ten bidders invited to contest next stage of Hyundai A-League expansion process

Staff writer
3 hrs ago
Football Federation Australia (FFA) has invited ten bidders to take part in the next stage of a process to expand the Hyundai A-League.

FFA intends to grant licences for two new clubs to join the Hyundai A-League in the season after next, 2019-20. The ultimate aim of the process is to identify two bids with the strongest potential for establishing clubs with long-term sustainability while also growing the commercial attraction and popular support for the existing Hyundai A-League clubs and the League as a whole.

Fifteen formal submissions were received at the end of the initial Expressions of Interest (EOI) stage.

These have been analysed by FFA and its lead advisers Deloitte against the criteria contained in the EOI documents with additional information sought from all parties.

Following that analysis, the FFA Board resolved to invite the following parties to take part in the next, more detailed bid phase:

• South West Sydney FC
  • United for Macarthur (Sydney)
  • Southern Expansion (Sydney region)
  • Team 11 (Melbourne)
  • South Melbourne FC
  • Western Melbourne Group
  • Brisbane City FC
  • Ipswich Pride FC
  • Canberra & Capital Region
  • Wollongong
All parties have been notified of FFA’s decision. The existing Hyundai A-League clubs and FFA’s Member Federations have also been updated. The bid phase will commence in July and provides invited parties access to a data room containing a range of Hyundai A-League related information and the ability to ask additional questions and engage with FFA and Deloitte.

Final binding bids are due by 31 August and the announcement of the new licences is planned to be made by 31 October 2018.

FFA has advised the unsuccessful parties that it intends to expand the Hyundai A-League further in future years and encourages them to bid for licences at that time.

FFA Chief Executive David Gallop said the process remained highly competitive.

"FFA's job is to get the best outcome for the Hyundai A-League and football as a whole," he said.

"That means granting licences that will complement the existing Hyundai A-League clubs, link back into fans and the football history in their local community, help to develop football pathways for more players, increase interest from sponsors and broadcasters, have solid financial backing and operate sustainably.

"Expansion has created enormous interest and attracted 15 groups to come forward from around the country. Once we get these two new clubs established for the season after next we intend to add more clubs in future years."

VicMariner

More teams in NSW and VIC, perfect.
Sorry mate.
It's all about the money. Most football fans from what I could see wanted a Tassie team. Just check the posts on here.
The FFA are just cancer. Gallop and Steve Lowy have the most punchable faces now.

priorpeter

No tassie team? f**k FFA.
I’d like Wollongong and Canberra but the useless twats at the FFA will no doubt bring in the f**king dumpster fire of a franchise Southern Expansion, and probably south Melbourne.

I think I’ve probably already said that earlier in this thread but eh. They make me mad and I’ve had scotch.

Insertnamehere

Sorry mate.
It's all about the money. Most football fans from what I could see wanted a Tassie team. Just check the posts on here.
The FFA are just cancer. Gallop and Steve Lowy have the most punchable faces now.
They can't even get an AFL team. Tassie almost no chance ever.

VicMariner

No tassie team? f**k FFA.
I’d like Wollongong and Canberra but the useless twats at the FFA will no doubt bring in the f**king dumpster fire of a franchise Southern Expansion, and probably south Melbourne.

I think I’ve probably already said that earlier in this thread but eh. They make me mad and I’ve had scotch.
Effnik South Melb? No way from the FFA perspective.
That's my bet anyway.

FFC Mariner

No way will they allow an ethnic club into the HAL. Hellas won't get in.

So Expansion and 1 other I guess. Expansion screws SFC totally as they are effectively a shire side.

I'd love it to be Wollongong or Canberra but this is the FFA

Insertnamehere

No way will they allow an ethnic club into the HAL. Hellas won't get in.

So Expansion and 1 other I guess. Expansion screws SFC totally as they are effectively a shire side.

I'd love it to be Wollongong or Canberra but this is the FFA
Allegedly Canberra were told they would be in this time as a promise from the FFA when citeh and WSW came in. They have an awesome stadium plan apparently. Fully enclosed.

style_cafe

While the heart said Tassie I must admit the bid was cringeworthy at best.
The idea of bringing in temporary grandstands onto an existing ground ,which already had limited facilities didn`t sit well.
I just hope they look at other bids & raise their standard.
Tassie is a great location but I feel, for the limited resources they have, they will never get in.

Last edited:
Reactions: adz

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I’d like Wollongong to get in and then the rebranded Cosmos BUT this is that NRL plant Gallop and the heir to the throne we’re dealing with here...so probably neither of my preferences will make it

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Effnik South Melb? No way from the FFA perspective.
That's my bet anyway.
If that was so they wouldn't have made it through to this phase.
Although does anybody seriously believe the decision hasn't already been made?
f**k the FFA. Making it really hard to support this game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred