• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A league media deal thread

Tevor

There is zero chance we will see the Mariners on that free to air slot on a Saturday. Likewise with the Jets, Adelaide, Wellington and Perth.

It will also be interesting if they release a full draw and only a handful of rounds at a time.
Also the differing levels of resources at particular games is a bit of concern, so one camera at our games because we are a little club. Personally I’m not a fan of the APL so far. Large clubs poaching smaller clubs players, terrible officiating and a new deal that already is geared towards the larger clubs. And this is what Pikey was waiting for. I’m on the fence until I see what Paramount + offer and deliver.

Ads

As happy as i am for the league to get a decent deal and to be able to move away from Fox i am worried about my Dad who lives in rural NSW and loves the Mariners and A League, he never misses a game.

He is well into his 70s, can only get satellite internet which is terrible for streaming anything and mobile reception is sketchy at best.

I really don't want to see him lose something that brings him so much happiness, any ideas on how i can help him?

When Optus did the EPL deal there was a Satellite option available. Was mainly intended for clubs and pubs.
However something might just need to keep an eye on but even if expensive hopefully they do consider a residential satellite option or third party.

marinermick

Also the differing levels of resources at particular games is a bit of concern, so one camera at our games because we are a little club. Personally I’m not a fan of the APL so far. Large clubs poaching smaller clubs players, terrible officiating and a new deal that already is geared towards the larger clubs. And this is what Pikey was waiting for. I’m on the fence until I see what Paramount + offer and deliver.

Take the NRL for example. The smaller clubs from regional areas like Canberra and Newcastle can’t get the free to air games and subsequently can’t offer this as part of their sponsorship package.

The rich will get richer like the EPL.

Our saving grace is the salary cap and the new media deal will mean this won’t change much initially.

Tevor

Take the NRL for example. The smaller clubs from regional areas like Canberra and Newcastle can’t get the free to air games and subsequently can’t offer this as part of their sponsorship package.

Our saving grace is the salary cap and the new media deal will mean this won’t change much initially.
Yep, APL run by the clubs and we can already see the advantages taken by the larger clubs. Will the larger clubs eventually get rid of the smaller clubs, real possibility.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Also the differing levels of resources at particular games is a bit of concern, so one camera at our games because we are a little club.
Why are people making up stuff like this? It's made up, and it's fearmongering.

Different resources at different games doesn't mean 'only 1 camera at some games'. They've never said that.

There's going to be some sort of minimum standard. Sure, it COULD be 1 camera - but I'd say it's far more likely the minimum standard is closer to what we have now.

booney

Oh, FFS. Don't tell me she's going to be on Paramount.
I'm not sure how much more of that fake smile I can take.
Blotted her copybook badly when she joined the shrill chorus of female sports journalists insinuating wrongdoing on Stajic's part when in charge of the Matilda.However she is passionate and knowledgeable about football so I certainly would welcome her presence on Paramount if that is the case.SBS which did so much for our game for years is now almost a football free zone whic is very sad.

Forum Phoenix

I hope it can keep the field level enough until we have a truly national division with better representation from across the country.

Is it just me who finds the idea of playing in a league with tassie, Canberra and the gong etc so much more exciting than playing in a comp where literally half the draw is Melbourne or Sydney sides?

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Different resources at different games doesn't mean 'only 1 camera at some games'. They've never said that.

There's going to be some sort of minimum standard. Sure, it COULD be 1 camera - but I'd say it's far more likely the minimum standard is closer to what we have now.
Yep Highly unlikely to only be doing one camera.

Forum Phoenix

Blotted her copybook badly when she joined the shrill chorus of female sports journalists insinuating wrongdoing on Stajic's part when in charge of the Matilda.However she is passionate and knowledgeable about football so I certainly would welcome her presence on Paramount if that is the case.SBS which did so much for our game for years is now almost a football free zone whic is very sad.

Yeah I like Lucy. The problem with Australian commentary imho has mostly been simply way too much ego. Whether it was via elitism with Foster or the hype of fox wanting to make everything appear bigger so their own self importance scales in return.

Adam is now my favourite fox host for his lack of ego and pragmatic honesty.

The greatest commentators are passionate, egoless students of the game. Many ex footballers are clearly unsuited to this role.

true believer

and there's the rub . when staj was getting smeared .the people that knew better ,in the front line media ,
needed to stand up.
it wasn't till the senior players in the matildas standing up and calling it bullshit . that the slur was questioned .
lucy has never questioned helen reid's motive's nor apologized for own uninformed opinion .
and frankly you can throw tracey holmes in with her.

Tevor

I have not seen one improvement from the APL yet in their first season in fact we have been more hard done by than any other season I can recall. I hope next season it is an even playing field however it’s clear already the rich clubs are now running the comp and we are not one of them. Time will tell.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I have not seen one improvement from the APL yet in their first season in fact we have been more hard done by than any other season I can recall. I hope next season it is an even playing field however it’s clear already the rich clubs are now running the comp and we are not one of them. Time will tell.
That has nothing to do with it.....ten are going to want to present a product of a minimum standard for every game

pjennings

It seems the cap will be $2.5M but there wil be extar 'designated players' for those that can afford them. Also it seems like Channel 10 will produce their programs but the APL will produce the Paramount+ content.

Big Al

It seems the cap will be $2.5M but there wil be extar 'designated players' for those that can afford them. Also it seems like Channel 10 will produce their programs but the APL will produce the Paramount+ content.

Makes sense with MC signing Leckie and Naboutt and Macathur doing the same.

Look for SFC to spend big to and Melbourne Victory will demand a big spend.

Makes keeping our team together harder

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami