• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

pjennings

Early May - nothing more yet. Depending how the Olyroos go we may have Faz back. If they make the semis and lose Faz and Kuol could be back for a possible 2/5 game but the AFC Cup final is 5/5. All very tight.

Last edited:

sydmariner

Early May - nothing more yet. Depending how the Olyroos go we may have Faz back. If they make the semis and lose Faz and Kuol could be back for a possible 2/5 game but the AFC Cup final is 5/5. All very tight.
Will the scum game be rescheduled or not.

turbo

Will the scum game be rescheduled or not.
Can't see why it would be. This just slots in after that game and before the AFC cup final & week 1 of semis.

Unfortunately this was a double header with the ladies playing their semi......and our pink round...
Will be interesting to see if the girls game gets changed. Still free for members or will they move to paid tickets and push the stadium cost to the APL.

Hello Sailor

While Kant is only 750m above sea level, playing regularly there may have given them an advantage; maybe not a dramatic increased red blood cell count but more acclimatised to it than the sea level Mariners?

Ads

Just a note both AFC and Aleague related.

With Kaltak’s goal last night, it has been 6/7 games since a Mariners ‘striker’ has scored a goal.

So only 1/10 goals has been from a forward.

And in the last 10/12 games it doesn’t look much better, a Reec penalty and an easy Edmo goal only really came in games whereby we had already put the game to bed.

Every win is a win and we have somehow created a style whereby our forwards are there just to jockey, annoy, pressure without really being accountable for goal scoring.

In saying that Nisbit has been that 10 forward and bagged 2 recent goals but still not a recognised primary striker.

Hopefully our stickers are ‘due’ right in time for finals. ;)

MrCelery

With Kaltak’s goal last night, it has been 6/7 games since a Mariners ‘striker’ has scored a goal.

And in the last 10/12 games it doesn’t look much better, a Reec penalty and an easy Edmo goal only really came in games whereby we had already put the game to bed.

Every win is a win and we have somehow created a style whereby our forwards are there just to jockey, annoy, pressure without really being accountable for goal scoring.

In saying that Nisbit has been that 10 forward and bagged 2 recent goals but still not a recognised primary striker.

While any goal from any player is very appeciated, call me old-fashioned, but I miss a good central striker like McBreen or Cummings.

Big Al

Jacko has been brilliant this season but I think he made a mistake by not putting on Paull (I know I can’t believe i am saying it either) to play 5 at the back and give Steele some cover. Late. Torres should have come off and Di Pizzo moved into his spot and just Jing high.

Ah well we could have fallen apart late and Kaltak almost went hero to zero at the very end. Usually we are great in the last 10 so obviously that’s when everything kicked in. The altitude the shit pitch the travel and we tried kick and clear.

Pretty ordinary performance but we were good defensively.

Danny what a save

We will be much more dominant with the ball at home, so while they should be ok too we will have more possession (or should) and can play out combos.

I would be tempted to move Doka over to the left to link with Torres and put Theo or Di Pizzo on.

Most importantly we are still in it heading home.

Corsair

This is exactly how you win premierships and what Monty introduced. Goal threats from the whole team, fear all of us.

Don't forget we've got a player in this team who is the third highest scorer in a season in our history, Torres on 13.

Last edited:

Wombat

This is exactly how you win premierships and what Monty introduced. Goal threats from the whole team, fear all of us.

Don't forget we've got a player in this team who is the third highest scorer in our history, Torres on 13.
Elephant in the room is the strikers.

I'd rate them

1. Alou
2. Big Ed
3. Jing
4. DWH

I would like to see Alou and Ed play together and drop Niz back to midfield

Corsair

Elephant in the room is the strikers.

I'd rate them

1. Alou
2. Big Ed
3. Jing
4. DWH

I would like to see Alou and Ed play together and drop Niz back to midfield
Edmo will be a different striker once Torres leaves. If he had Urena, Tulio or Cummings beside him it'd be a different story.

I'm already excited to see how the recruitment for next season goes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred