• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC U23 Asian Cup

Ads

Saving the best for last!

However in the last 2/3 games of our regular season Miller and Nizzy were both carrying knocks/niggles and that wasn’t that long ago.

Tevor

At least winning the pool kept us away from playing the Uzbeks as the officiating is sub standard and you can only imagine how bad it will be playing the home nation.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
that red was ridiculous .....quite clearly on replay, the jordanian bloke shoots a forearm into the back of our guys head, our guy reaches back and brushed his shirt and the other gutless sack of shit goes down screaming, yes, yes, its a "tactic" but its cowardly and after these two shit red cards, if i was the olyroo boss id been hooking my team off the pitch , then maybe a proper conversation about knocking that shit diving on the head might start....lets see how half these asian teams in tournaments go if they cant roll around screaming in perceived agony

Allreet?

that red was ridiculous .....quite clearly on replay, the jordanian bloke shoots a forearm into the back of our guys head, our guy reaches back and brushed his shirt and the other gutless sack of shit goes down screaming, yes, yes, its a "tactic" but its cowardly and after these two shit red cards, if i was the olyroo boss id been hooking my team off the pitch , then maybe a proper conversation about knocking that shit diving on the head might start....lets see how half these asian teams in tournaments go if they cant roll around screaming in perceived agony
Hard to disagree, but given the politics of Asia (and how many countries would love to see us shunted back to Oceania) taking that kind of action would only lead to sanctions and harder judgment about the naive but sanctimonious Australians who don't really belong in Asia.

If I was king of the world (and I really should be) I'd divide Asia into East and West and include Oceania in East. Would be a much better arrangement for all concerned.

sydmariner

Hard to disagree, but given the politics of Asia (and how many countries would love to see us shunted back to Oceania) taking that kind of action would only lead to sanctions and harder judgment about the naive but sanctimonious Australians who don't really belong in Asia.

If I was king of the world (and I really should be) I'd divide Asia into East and West and include Oceania in East. Would be a much better arrangement for all concerned.
The AFC Champions League is already split into east & west groups

turbo

Yep, that's for travel purposes for the clubs - to save costs. Do it permanently for all things is what I'd be doing. It's the Arab countries who most resent us being in Asia.
It also guarantees a certain number of west Asian clubs advance. Perhaps not so much an issue now but it wouldn’t have been a good look for West Asia if Japan, Korea and China took up 80% of the spots after the group stage.

Allreet?

I think going forward, Asia gets 8 spots in the WC and Oceania one.

If you could draw a line somewhere between India and Thailand as the divide, then West Asia would get 4 spots and East Asia (incorporating Oceania) would get 5. That would mean Saudi, Iran, Iraq, Qatar and UAE would be the main contenders in the West and Australia, Japan, Korea, China, Vietnam, Thailand would be the main contenders in the East. NZ would also be a contender. They wouldn't have their (almost) guaranteed spot but they'd be in a much better competition which is better for them in the long run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred