• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC U23 Asian Cup

yellowcake

So, after Group D's conclusion last night, Japan came in second behind Saudi so will play Korea in QF3.
If we get over Turkmenistan tomorrow, SF will be against the winner of that match on Wednesday night.
Saudi, Iraq and hosts Uzebekistan on the other pathway.
Apologies for the bum steer! We're currently playing QF2. QF1 is a bit later tonight so we'll play the winner of Saudi and Vietnam on Wednesday night.

Tevor

Horrible all round but no one cares we survived.
Ball movement was way to slow and Nargarine is a hog for a wannabe #10. So many easy quick passes he ignores and dribbles into trouble
He and Brook have terrible vision or want to be the hero. I find them both very frustrating. They were playing for Pens and were clearly the weaker team which did not make it a spectacle at all coupled with rain and a poor pitch. Poor Alou must wonder what he has to do for some Servcie. D’Arrigo justified subbing Niz and if only Niz would take a shot but then I wasn’t a fan of Rich bringing the ball so far forward as many times as he did, he kept nullifying Niz and Francois.

true believer

i watched the iraq v uzbekistan game . pure shit murkinery . the standard of refereeing at this tournament .
is the most insipid i've seen . from the 12 minutes of extra time in the first half onwards .

Last edited:

true believer

He and Brook have terrible vision or want to be the hero. I find them both very frustrating. They were playing for Pens and were clearly the weaker team which did not make it a spectacle at all coupled with rain and a poor pitch. Poor Alou must wonder what he has to do for some Servcie. D’Arrigo justified subbing Niz and if only Niz would take a shot but then I wasn’t a fan of Rich bringing the ball so far forward as many times as he did, he kept nullifying Niz and Francois.
brook is the problem and needs to go . i also don't understand why d'arrigo didn't start .
qudos to gauci he's been superb all tournament .
the plague of this tournament is the refereeing standard .

Tevor

brook is the problem and needs to go . i also don't understand why d'arrigo didn't start .
qudos to gauci he's been superb all tournament .
the plague of this tournament is the refereeing standard .
Totally agree on the officiating, the dribbler commentator who gets most names wrong commented how good the officiating has been and he doesn’t bring up the obvious errors and bias. Last night there was a good case for a red for a stud up tackle on Bos especially given the two reds against us so far. Ref just dismissed any questions about the tackle. I feel the boys are going to get robbed to the point they will not be able to get a result. So far they have been a strong enough team to get past the poor decisions. Shame and it’s so bad they get about 100 people watching the games live even for finals.

true believer

Totally agree on the officiating, the dribbler commentator who gets most names wrong commented how good the officiating has been and he doesn’t bring up the obvious errors and bias. Last night there was a good case for a red for a stud up tackle on Bos especially given the two reds against us so far. Ref just dismissed any questions about the tackle. I feel the boys are going to get robbed to the point they will not be able to get a result. So far they have been a strong enough team to get past the poor decisions. Shame and it’s so bad they get about 100 people watching the games live even for finals.
added to the histrionics from the west asian teams has been something else .
if the f'king hopeless AFC got off their collective arses and issued yellow cards for the carry on it would stop real quick.
in the uzbek v iraq game .in extra time there is a tackle that is probably the worst of the tournament.(worst than miller/leckie by a country mile)
it is a straight red . it's not given because the uzbeks would of rioted .after it took them 10 minutes to send off the uzbek keeper off the sort of elbow you'd get 8 weeks in a legit competition.

Meerkat

Deserved win. Was hard to break down the defensive 5-4-1 especially with the 30 odds minutes of laying on the carpet they did. Annoying to watch as a spectator.
My husband was at work last night so missed the game, goes to replay it tonight. My son says, “so just to let you know, you are about to watch 75 mins of Turkmenistan parking the bus and time wasting”…. ?

Tevor

added to the histrionics from the west asian teams has been something else .
if the f'king hopeless AFC got off their collective arses and issued yellow cards for the carry on it would stop real quick.
in the uzbek v iraq game .in extra time there is a tackle that is probably the worst of the tournament.(worst than miller/leckie by a country mile)
it is a straight red . it's not given because the uzbeks would of rioted .after it took them 10 minutes to send off the uzbek keeper off the sort of elbow you'd get 8 weeks in a legit competition.
Yes it’s not a great endorsement for Asian football. I hope we meet Vietnam as I think they will at least try and play football. Saudi may not be as bad but the theatrics will still be there. Splitting east and west Asia sounds like a great idea.

turbo

Shame and it’s so bad they get about 100 people watching the games live even for finals.
Games finishing at 1AM doesn’t make for lots of viewers. Midnight I’d make it work, 1 I’ll just catch the highlights. From what I’ve seen so far they aren’t publishing mini matches which I’d prefer.

shipwreck

How are you guys all watching these games? Is it on 10play? (currently overseas and trying to catch the next game)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred