• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC U23 Asian Cup

Melange

Brooks is frustrating, but just the end product. He's making good runs, beating players, just the last pass is missing. But offers A LOT more than Wood. Did Brook make the team when Yengi was available?

Najjarine just doesn't seem to know how to play. Wrong choices all the time.

Rich is good, but as a former striker he's getting tempted to run the ball too much.

Bos looks alright, doing well to keep Faz out.

Refs are generally trying to let the games flow, not easy, but the few times they do make a call, especially big calls like our two reds, they're getting it wrong.

Commentator is woeful. Just woeful. He's gone with three different pronunciations of Kuol, each one wrong, at one stage I thought Harry Kewell had made a come back. And he assumes just cause a player dives that they've been taken out, even when replays clearly show no contact he bangs on about our physicality.

On commentators, anyone get sick of the dude in the Socceroos game constantly referring to the UAE Brazilian player as their "import"? My god, every time he touched the ball. He forgot to mention our "imports".

Tevor

Brooks is frustrating, but just the end product. He's making good runs, beating players, just the last pass is missing. But offers A LOT more than Wood. Did Brook make the team when Yengi was available?

Najjarine just doesn't seem to know how to play. Wrong choices all the time.

Rich is good, but as a former striker he's getting tempted to run the ball too much.

Bos looks alright, doing well to keep Faz out.

Refs are generally trying to let the games flow, not easy, but the few times they do make a call, especially big calls like our two reds, they're getting it wrong.

Commentator is woeful. Just woeful. He's gone with three different pronunciations of Kuol, each one wrong, at one stage I thought Harry Kewell had made a come back. And he assumes just cause a player dives that they've been taken out, even when replays clearly show no contact he bangs on about our physicality.

On commentators, anyone get sick of the dude in the Socceroos game constantly referring to the UAE Brazilian player as their "import"? My god, every time he touched the ball. He forgot to mention our "imports".
If Brook does not have these skills or instincts now then he probably will not go far. No wonder he was loaned out to Adelaide. His shooting is atrocious, agree he makes good runs but has zero awareness when he has the ball. That makes sense with Rich, he can’t get forward enough also the goal he scored was not a full backs goal. I would like to see this team play a more fast paced opponent so the game opens up a bit.

JoyfulPenguin

Was incredibly tone deaf with us having Boyle on the pitch and Karacic/Degenek on the bench. Not to mention Harry Souttar/Bruno Fornaroli waiting in the wings. Plus both Hrustic/Wright basically haven't even been in the country since they were 9.

Big Al

We play the Saudi’s and in the highlights against Vietnam the ball breaks to the Saudi’s from insidr the vietnm half and they release the striker who makes a great run and finish.
But he had to make sure he missed one of his players who was lying in the box still crying from who knows when.

They haven’t conceded a goal all tournament so will be a tough test.

Japan beat S Korea 3-0 in there 1/4 final

So the top 3 from our Socceroos world cup group are in the U23 semifinals

Ozhammer

We play the Saudi’s and in the highlights against Vietnam the ball breaks to the Saudi’s from insidr the vietnm half and they release the striker who makes a great run and finish.
But he had to make sure he missed one of his players who was lying in the box still crying from who knows when.

They haven’t conceded a goal all tournament so will be a tough test.

Japan beat S Korea 3-0 in there 1/4 final

So the top 3 from our Socceroos world cup group are in the U23 semifinals
The first Saudi goal was scored by their left back not a striker, so he will need to be watched closely.

booney

I have watched three of the Australian U23's games.Gauci has been very safe and brave.

Miller has had a very good tournament so far as has Bos.Farrell has shown his inexperience at times but still has a big future.Rawlins likewise.

JRB is a great physical specimen and I can see him pairing with Souttar in the next WC cycle to dominate the Asian sides though Kye will be in the mix.Courtney-Perkins is skilful but when pressured does turn the ball over often.

Nizzy has worked hard but again his inability to score may limit his progress.Francois is very skilful but sometimes his passing is very average.D'Arrigo looks to be ahead of Nizzy in the pecking order as he can shoot from distance and also has a good workrate.

Brook while good at beating opponents lacks football nous in not being able to find the right time when to release the ball.Kuol has not done much apart from the incredible scorpion but has had poor service from his midfield,particularly Brooks who has not rewarded good runs behind by Kuol.

Peupion has been up and down but likes to take players on .His crossing needs to improve.Wood is very average and is not in the class of Kuol or Yengi.

Najarine is frustrating and erratic in his passing and decision making.

Tevor

I have watched three of the Australian U23's games.Gauci has been very safe and brave.

Miller has had a very good tournament so far as has Bos.Farrell has shown his inexperience at times but still has a big future.Rawlins likewise.

JRB is a great physical specimen and I can see him pairing with Souttar in the next WC cycle to dominate the Asian sides though Kye will be in the mix.Courtney-Perkins is skilful but when pressured does turn the ball over often.

Nizzy has worked hard but again his inability to score may limit his progress.Francois is very skilful but sometimes his passing is very average.D'Arrigo looks to be ahead of Nizzy in the pecking order as he can shoot from distance and also has a good workrate.

Brook while good at beating opponents lacks football nous in not being able to find the right time when to release the ball.Kuol has not done much apart from the incredible scorpion but has had poor service from his midfield,particularly Brooks who has not rewarded good runs behind by Kuol.

Peupion has been up and down but likes to take players on .His crossing needs to improve.Wood is very average and is not in the class of Kuol or Yengi.

Najarine is frustrating and erratic in his passing and decision making.
Spot on.

booney

I don't get the fetish for Niz to have to score. I'd more like to see him be able to feed assists on the regular.
At this level an attacking midfielder needs the ability to score the odd goal -makes opposing defenders have to work harder to shut him down otherwise they just stay with the forward they are marking knowing that the midfielder always passes to another player.Yes assists are important but if you have that ability to score you will go far and Nizzy has shown that he has all the other skills and attributes.

Insertnamehere

At this level an attacking midfielder needs the ability to score the odd goal -makes opposing defenders have to work harder to shut him down otherwise they just stay with the forward they are marking knowing that the midfielder always passes to another player.Yes assists are important but if you have that ability to score you will go far and Nizzy has shown that he has all the other skills and attributes.
We use him as an AM but other leagues would use him as a DM.

Tevor

I don't get the fetish for Niz to have to score. I'd more like to see him be able to feed assists on the regular.
Yes but in that game D'Arrigo going for a long shot won us the game. It was good coaching knowing by half time that we were struggling to create many opportunities in and around the box. I rate Niz but this time he wasn't the right player for the job.

Insertnamehere

Yes but in that game D'Arrigo going for a long shot won us the game. It was good coaching knowing by half time that we were struggling to create many opportunities in and around the box. I rate Niz but this time he wasn't the right player for the job.
Its been a repeated comment.. I wasn't directly talking about this game.

Forum Phoenix

So our midfielders other than Nizzy have no vision so the coach takes off Nizzy.
So true. Looks like Nizzy is seen as the lesser new guy. He’s more reliable than anyone else on the ball bar ? but was clearly told to okay a very safe conservative role and still looked untrusted or ignored by team mates.

Pity he’s more than capable of taking a game like that by the scruff of the neck and running the show.

Big Al

Niz was offset by Turkenstan sitting so deep. Our CB’s were playing at the ball at half way and looking for direct balls higher up so Niz got skipped as a matter of circumstances.

Rich has the ability to so we did need a more advanced midfielder because a DM was a waste

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb