• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Mariners vs Nix

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Micky Doks and the platinum missile get the goals …they had us bollocksed in the first half …BUT….we done did ‘em …upwards and onwards lads …go get the toilet seat lid

FFC Mariner

23 shots (6 on target) and 62% possession.
That's a flogging.
Highlights the lack of a striker. Against good sides you can get punished without one.
Was that Edmo he went up the tunnel when Reec came on? I was over the other side and the eyes aren't what they were.
He was on the bench when Doka won it

Wombat

Chiefly must have been watching the Arrigo Sacchi videos during the week. That defensive block they set out was pretty good.

Took doka running between midfielders and attracting defenders to open up the space.

Beautiful comes in many forms.
If you thought that was beautiful then you must love italian Football Stuart....it was gash, boring....anti Football.

A back 5 indicates you are simply playing for a draw and hoping to jag a goal on the break. The left back didn't even support his mids when they had the ball. Borderline pathetic for a top of the table side.

Doka and Torres were superb tonight but we should have been 2 or 3 nil up at half time. Wellington are cooked without Rufer.

Stuartmcateer

If you thought that was beautiful then you must love italian Football Stuart....it was gash, boring....anti Football.

A back 5 indicates you are simply playing for a draw and hoping to jag a goal on the break. The left back didn't even support his mids when they had the ball. Borderline pathetic for a top of the table side.

Doka and Torres were superb tonight but we should have been 2 or 3 nil up at half time. Wellington are cooked without Rufer.
I enjoy many types of football. Just because I don't subscribe to kick and rush english football being the be all and end all. The tactical nuances and battle between styles is what makes football beautiful.

Of course they were coming to play for a draw and try and get lucky on the counter. Same as we did against victory with our back 5.

But for a bit of quality from doka at the end they would have succeeded.

Wombat

Just because I don't subscribe to kick and rush english football being the be all and end all. The tactical nuances and battle between styles is what makes football beautiful.

Of course they were coming to play for a draw and try and get lucky on the counter. Same as we did against victory with our back 5.

But for a bit of quality from doka at the end they would have succeeded.
Pish.......we should have buried them. They were lucky to get off so lightly. I do rate their coach but he turned a silk purse into a sow's ear tonight with his tactics imho.

Meerkat

Can the clowns that wrote him off put their hands up please. :) It was most of you from memory lol.
Surprisingly, even while I was a shining beacon of negativity… I did not. I was frustrated with his lack of finishing in the beginning, however highly rated his work rate and thought he would be a weapon, eventually. I was right about something!

pjennings

Pish.......we should have buried them. They were lucky to get off so lightly. I do rate their coach but he turned a silk purse into a sow's ear tonight with his tactics imho.
I understand what you are saying - but the only result that did not suit them was a win to us. He set up to contain us and score on the break.

We could have had 3 or 4 more though - no-one really played badly - but Faz, Max and Nizz seemed to be slightly down on their high standards. On the plus side Torres's Moresche do seemed to work a treat.

I hope from now to the end of the season we do not go back to the 5 at the back experiment but with Faz away potentially until the first semi Jackson may be tempted. I hope not.

Huddo

23 shots (6 on target) and 62% possession.
That's a flogging.
Highlights the lack of a striker. Against good sides you can get punished without one.
Was that Edmo he went up the tunnel when Reec came on? I was over the other side and the eyes aren't what they were.
He was on the bench when Doka won it

Shots on target is the key, 6, of that 2 went in, of the others, one was the nizzy early shot, two were blocked shots by torres, I can't think of the last (Maybe a block shot of Kuo)l.

The shots conceded and lack of possession was by design by chiefly, they've done it all year away from home. The stats mirror this, against MB a few weeks back they gave up 70% and won.

Tonight MJ was ready for it, I don't think it is too crazy to say Doka and nizzy shooting from deep was by design (noting WP's propensity to protect the box with a low block).

Can't really blame the strikers for being removed from the game by ultra defensive tactics. That is the first time WP have conceded more than one goal away from home in just under 3 months.

Last edited:

Cricko_086

if any of us went back 3-5 years and thought that there would be a 1v2 game of us at home v the nix, im sure I would have been kicked out of the bay.

Im saving to finally move back home so was unable to be there but the sound on tv was awesome, made the point of watching the SD stream.

priorpeter

And *cough* Paull.
I feel a lot of the hate directed his way is unfairly maligned tbh.
Kid is a 2-3 year project - and he is just a kid. Hasn’t single-handedly cost us anything, but has been hung out to dry as a scapegoat - case in point, not even involved today and yet!
Kid did well enough for us against vuck away, and Macarthur away when he came on the other week!
Is he ready? Shit no. Will he get there? Absolutely.

Do I miss Cammy Windust? Look… yes 😢

Last edited:

pjennings

That win was huge for us. Rather than being 6 points behind with 3 rounds to play we are now ahead on both wins and goal difference.

Next home game is against Adelaide. There is a scenario where we could conceivably be crowned Premiers that night.

12/4 WEL vs MVC
13/4 WUN vs CCM
Assume we and MVC win the table goes to
CCM 49
WEL 46
MVC 44

19/4 NUJ vs WEL
20/4 MVC vs BNE
Assume WEL and MVC win table goes to
CCM 49
WEL 49
MVC 47

21/4 CCM Vs ADL
In this scenario a win against ADL at home would mean we would be premiers with a round to spare and we could be crowned at home on the night. Not counting my chickens but that would be a great night!!

If we don't win against WUN or WEL beat MVC then it could go down to the last round and of course draws would open up a myriad of other scenarios.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred