• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Mariners vs Nix

Huddo

Kye was in a low performing team. He could justify to himself that it is not on him. Conversely, Nathan is in a high performing team.

Different personalities.

That is not what I said, I was refuting his confidence levels, especially noting that his games without a win will probably be a record for a very long time.

If that doesn't hit you for 6, nothing will,.

Also I have it on good authority from people that know him, he still gets agitated when it is brought up.

All I'm trying to say is it is way to early to say what Paull has or hasn't got

Ancient Mariner

Can the clowns that wrote him off put their hands up please. :) It was most of you from memory lol.
Just got back to a place where I can get internet connection. Thanks everyone for posts on this game. I will get to a tv on Thursday to watch the replay.
Thanks Jim for pointing out the numbers who wrote Torres off early and thanks for the support at the time when I thought I was his only supporter.
I will take the props for defending both he and Doka early this season when others were calling for their heads, same as with Kalatak and Benni last year.

Just love saying "I told you so".

I hope you can do it in capitals about Paul in the next year or two. You could get long odds at the moment if you wanted to place bet on him. Possibly a safe bet.

Corsair

If any comparison should be made, perhaps it should be with Kye. Or none at all.
I'm not in agreement with Kye comparisons. Kye's core issue early on was confidence and backing himself. For Paull in my opinion it's football brain. Hard to learn, if he has a good squad around him that's generous and a good coach it'll come. He's such a fkin massive unit it's worth training the positioning and reading of the game into him, a lot of it comes with experience too. Give him another season and then reassess. Might have been a bit too early for Aleague for him.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

I'm not agreement with Kye comparisons. Kye's core issue early on was confidence and backing himself. For Paull in my opinion it's football brain. Hard to learn, if he has a good squad around him that's generous and a good coach it'll come. He's such a fkin massive unit it's worth training the positioning and reading of the game into him, a lot of it comes with experience too. Give him another season and then reassess. Might have been a bit too early for Aleague for him.
Agree. Kye also had a shit team around him.
My observation of Paull is that he needs to see the game in front of him as he doesn't really have that natural instinct that Sains did. It was always clear that he was real class.
Ditto Triantis and Dan Hall. They just look like footballers if that makes sense.
Paull just doesn't give off that "vibe"

Big Al

Agree. Kye also had a shit team around him.
My observation of Paull is that he needs to see the game in front of him as he doesn't really have that natural instinct that Sains did. It was always clear that he was real class.
Ditto Triantis and Dan Hall. They just look like footballers if that makes sense.
Paull just doesn't give off that "vibe"
Goes back to the academy as well. When he transferred to us he was player of the week or month or something for the NPL. He never looked comfortable in our team which being new is probably Natural but has never shown he is comfortable at the Mariners. SFC might do something different that made him feel comfortable and play better

Josho Howe

the chorus of "we are champions"
Yeah that was the best part of the night. Reminded me of the first City at home game where the same thing happened. The way it gradually built was goosebump inducing. That added time portion after the goal when it became clear we'd won it was that relief and pride bursting out of everyone. The kind of moments that make football the best sport on Earth.

Spacks

has anyone been able to find where to watch the replay yet? I've checked 10 and the Prime app so far

Wombat

Just got back to a place where I can get internet connection. Thanks everyone for posts on this game. I will get to a tv on Thursday to watch the replay.
Thanks Jim for pointing out the numbers who wrote Torres off early and thanks for the support at the time when I thought I was his only supporter.
I will take the props for defending both he and Doka early this season when others were calling for their heads, same as with Kalatak and Benni last year.

Just love saying "I told you so".

I hope you can do it in capitals about Paul in the next year or two. You could get long odds at the moment if you wanted to place bet on him. Possibly a safe bet.
Paull is not a dud and neither is Wilson but neither should be getting more than 10 or 15 mins blooding when a game is safe. They both have flaws but are both young and raw.
DWH is unlucky due to timing...... in our shit period he would have been one of our better players.

turbo

DWH is unlucky due to timing...... in our shit period he would have been one of our better players
He didnt do any worse than Alou or Reec when we were poor early but after he gave away a penalty (which can't happen without a big effort tracking right back) he was dropped down the order. I hope he gets a run and proves himself while Alou is away.

Ironbark

Yeah, I was willing to back DWH because Monty chased him. Monty and Serg were nailing youth recruitment and development and clearly saw something in him. Monty then left just as he and Alou were ready for their runs under him. So I've always been a bit unsure about whether the progress of both of them would have been different or the same, but we'll never really know now. Alou has less of an excuse though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred