• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 7 v WU. Spoon Bowl. Again.

Forum Phoenix

Anyone fancy eating some humble pie on Hall? Immense tonight. As I said on the pod I’m not gonna say “I told you so”, buuuuuuuuut….. nah fk it, I did tell you so.

He’s made a massive difference. You’ve earned your I told you so. You’ve always been a true champion for him. Though there’s also been quite a few of us.who have still believed.

He had a rough gig last year. We’d endured a longer series of developing player errors with Kye or others as they played their way into becoming great footballers. And it was hard to see Dan make a few errors that when coupled with the awesomely ambitious and demanding Monty. paired with the unstoppable rise of Triantis - that the timing was so cruel for him and his development.

But now surely he’s shown again just how good he can be. And as that late run shows, he has more in his locker than most CB’s will ever he able to offer.

Last edited:

bikinigirl

I agree with this and with Torres. We saw a huge amount from him from where we were and as I said earlier, he actually does a lot. His work rate is high, I can’t fault hos effort. I’m happy to persevere with him, he just needs to finish what he creates.

. sorta disagree

. i've been saying since he achieved the unremarkable feat of 756 shots for one on target in our first few games:
  • he should get a goal bonus for assists
  • he should only get half that if he actually scores
  • but he loses any goal bonus every time he hits the scoreboard or worse

finally retired

. sorta disagree

. i've been saying since he achieved the unremarkable feat of 756 shots for one on target in our first few games:
  • he should get a goal bonus for assists
  • he should only get half that if he actually scores
  • but he loses any goal bonus every time he hits the scoreboard or worse
You are a hard marker bikini girl. I'd hate you watching me play.

Big Al

Torres shooting is like a casual golfer. He doesn’t get over the ball. He is reaching for it just a little to far from his body and up she goes. He would be fantastic out of the bunker

I watched the shooting closely on Friday night and the best two clean power strikers of the ball were Wilson and Di Pizzo. Wilson. Was smashing some beauties. Maybe try him at Striker next.

Tulio of course has the best placement but for power and was Wilson. Like the goal he scored he hits a ball very cleanly.

Big Al

Give John A enough time and he will turn any team in to spooners. Absolutely fantastic player but coaching and recruiting is not for him.

They were horrible and Penha is not performing.

Just shows you how special Diamanti was and Privoic was a great threat as well.

They were woeful on the corners and fore some reason after we had scored two in a row we went short and tried to change the angle. Just keep hitting the same spot until they prove they can stop it

Corsair

They were woeful on the corners and fore some reason after we had scored two in a row we went short and tried to change the angle. Just keep hitting the same spot until they prove they can stop it
100% this, exactly what I said at the game. Very strange.

bikinigirl

Torres shooting is like a casual golfer. He doesn’t get over the ball. He is reaching for it just a little to far from his body and up she goes. He would be fantastic out of the bunker

I watched the shooting closely on Friday night and the best two clean power strikers of the ball were Wilson and Di Pizzo. Wilson. Was smashing some beauties. Maybe try him at Striker next.

Tulio of course has the best placement but for power and was Wilson. Like the goal he scored he hits a ball very cleanly.

. now I'm going to have people asking me 'why do you call him Bunker? '

true believer

. its more about taking the pressure off ... it almost seems like an excited panic sets in when he gets in front of goal
it's repeated failure . many a coach must have looked at his technic .
i keep saying there is an under lying medical issue . probably with his peripheral vision .

Meerkat

I don’t even recall Wilson coming on?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred