• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Semi 2nd leg v Smurfs (Our Paradise)

booney

Shit game,shit reffing and terrible panicky play by our boys though Edmondson did steady things a bit.However unbelievable atmosphere and the place was rocking.Balard's handball should have been a penalty but so was their hand ball on the line.Their "goal" was a line ball off side decision.

Hello Sailor

Jumped on the train at Woy Woy to get to the game tonight then at Gosford found ourselves in the middle of the Cove as they assembled for their march. Mrs HS decides to stir the pot by calling out "Who do we sing for"? and of course I was stupidly obliged to respond with "We sing for yellow". lol.

Allreet?

What totally grinds my gears re Faghani... I've no doubt he calls it as he sees it but he sees it so differently from all the other refs. If the players are used to a particular style of refereeing it then it drives them mad when another ref changes all the rules (or doesn't enforce them).

Again and again he let SFC get away with murder and didn't give several free kicks for us including blatant fouls on Fazz and Doka near their box. Plus of course the Brattan goal line incident. What is the f**king point of VAR? Why was that not even looked at?

Mrs Allreet? has a photo from behind the goal showing the ball against Brattan's arm and I saw him move his arm in real time - as did several thousand around me. Penalty and red card.

marinermick

What totally grinds my gears re Faghani... I've no doubt he calls it as he sees it but he sees it so differently from all the other refs. If the players are used to a particular style of refereeing it then it drives them mad when another ref changes all the rules (or doesn't enforce them).

Again and again he let SFC get away with murder and didn't give several free kicks for us including blatant fouls on Fazz and Doka near their box. Plus of course the Brattan goal line incident. What is the f**king point of VAR? Why was that not even looked at?

Mrs Allreet? has a photo from behind the goal showing the ball against Brattan's arm and I saw him move his arm in real time - as did several thousand around me. Penalty and red card.

To be fair Max’s was a clearer handball and there was no interference for their goal to be given offside.

The fact that both sides booed the referee speaks volumes on how incredibly shit he was.

true believer

it certainly required a look .the offside goal at the other end only happens because of faghani's bombast

midfielder

One thing tonight's game will do is along with the Drive Bys it will add to next year's matches and we should get good crowds

Tevor

To be fair Max’s was a clearer handball and there was no interference for their goal to be given offside.

The fact that both sides booed the referee speaks volumes on how incredibly shit he was.
If Max’s wax then Brattan’s was. Watched the replay of the offside interference and it’s an interesting one as he does get in Kaltak’s way. It’s all the free kicks he waved away that really riled me up.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well, he should be getting a fine for that. He won't.

Looked like it hit Brattan's chest. The angle from behind is misleading - it shows the ball in front of the arm, but I don't think that's what it hit.

Faghani....his foul recognition is absolutely nonexistent. How many times did Farrell cop a 2-handed push in the back?

And tonight, looks like when we started to get frustrated at him, he started to become really one-sided against us. We only started to get calls our way once we calmed down.

But, we know this is how he referees. Faghani isn't the problem.

The assessors and ref coaches think he's so good that they gave him this appointment. They're the real problem.

Sending off Schofield was absolute peak Faghani arrogance - creating a problem and making shit up. He literally got booked purely for half sitting down, half standing up, then sitting down. Petulence from Faghani - and also, the LOTG say nothing about this. No offence was committed.

Last edited:

Tevor

Well, he should be getting a fine for that. He won't.

Looked like it hit Brattan's chest. The angle from behind is misleading - it shows the ball in front of the arm, but I don't think that's what it hit.

Faghani....his foul recognition is absolutely nonexistent. How many times did Farrell cop a 2-handed push in the back?

And tonight, looks like when we started to get frustrated at him, he started to become really one-sided against us. We only started to get calls our way once we calmed down.

But, we know this is how he referees. Faghani isn't the problem.

The assessors and ref coaches think he's so good that they gave him this appointment. They're the real problem.
Well said, he shouldn’t have been given this game. How they thought he was up to it is the problem. Look at what he did in that game against Syria. The bloke has a real attitude problem. His treatment of Our assistant is a disgrace when Talay was running up and down the line abusing everyone.

bikinigirl

. some of the things that really got me fired up were the yellows

. Danny's for standing when Sydney's bench had at least two up for most of the game. Ufuk was out of his box 80% of the time too. I suspect there will be more coming for Danny for giving the bird to the camera after the red

. Storm's after Faghani let play continue with two balls on the pitch

. Faz's for time wasting when he was standing there waiting for a ball

. Doka's for kicking the ball in the air after Faghani had blown the whistle and pointed to the centre circle (8 minutes into the additional five)

. Doka was set for another until Faghani realised he was actually bleeding ... so Jacko had to cop it in lieu

MrCelery

That was the worst game I've seen in a long, long, long while. Not a credit to the Aleague. Have to give it to the Smurfs, they should have won that by a country mile. But they were amply assisted by the worst refereeing.

Need to put that one behind us and focus on the Mexicans now. They play a very different style of game and, I think, more to our liking.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

. some of the things that really got me fired up were the yellows

. Danny's for standing when Sydney's bench had at least two up for most of the game. Ufuk was out of his box 80% of the time too. I suspect there will be more coming for Danny for giving the bird to the camera after the red

. Storm's after Faghani let play continue with two balls on the pitch

. Faz's for time wasting when he was standing there waiting for a ball

. Doka's for kicking the ball in the air after Faghani had blown the whistle and pointed to the centre circle (8 minutes into the additional five)

. Doka was set for another until Faghani realised he was actually bleeding ... so Jacko had to cop it in lieu
Nah, Storm's was 100% a foul. The 2nd ball came on when play was on - you don't stop play unless the 2nd ball is interfering. And, given Storm kicked it into play....that was silliness, I think just extreme frustration at the refereeing.

Doka's was so f**king harsh, ridiculous. And Danny's red card was disgraceful. I don't think Faz got booked though....

Also, how the hell wasn't that a foul on Doka? Not the kick in the head, that was just bad luck, but the charge behind

Ozhammer

I need to watch the replay back once I have calmed down but holy Christ that surely has to be the absolute worst refereeing display of all time at CCS. How the FA can have that fktard as one of their poster boys, speaks to just how clueless the administrators truly are.

It’s little consolation that he was shit for both teams and he just made the game about him and his erratic decision making.

We can’t honestly say he was biased against us, given that he didn’t award SFC a game changing decision but he really had A massive impact on the game itself and that clearly affected the players.

We will need to be much better against Vuck next Sat and I remain confident that the boys will deliver us b2b titles. 💛💙

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred