• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup round of 32 CCM vs Sydney FC

Ironbark

Trent Sainsbury had a poor early game for us, as did Mat Ryan. We should have judged early and hard and ditched them then ?

It's one game and the 2nd in 2 weeks of preseason, and against ALeague opposition. Happy to reserve too much judgement until I've seen more.
Monty and Serg had obviously seen enough to warrant the team selection.

No doubt at all though that we need more quality depth - that is, starting 11 quality recruits. But we also know that's in process.

Good to see the culture and attitude is already developing based on the resilience and fight put in.

Last edited:

booney

Just ignore me then champ. Pretty easy
If you think the replacements we have so far for Birraz, Miller and Kye are AL standard I have a bridge to sell you.
It's a forum mate.You and I can comment on posts as long as we don't get too derogatory or abusive.Of course Sozer,Aquilina and Triantis aren't yet at the level of the three terrific players you named and may never reach their level but Sozer and Triantis did look AL standard to me,Aquilina not on today's performance.

I remember there was a forumite who thought Kye Rowles was the pits and regularly dissed his perfomances a couple of seasons ago.I am not saying that was you but it does demonstrate that player assessments by forumites can be too hasty and ill judged.

crock

Proud of the effort and spirit for me we showed fight and effort that we can match it with likes of sydney in a a non extra time game and with a new visa defender and a new experienced gk to come in im confident we will have a good season

booney

The Wiggle unnerved our boys but great spirit shown by the team. Of the two coaches I think Monty would feel that his team,despite many mistakes and stupid decisions showed more potential than Corica's mob who could not finish off the ten men( and for a few minutes nine) in 120 minutes.

Huddo

I got dragged for opening supporter channels
PS I am more then happy to cop it if I'm a pissed idiot, but I was dragged out by the sydney stazi because i opened a gate that was adjudicated to be closed by two security and one sydney dickhead

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Everything’s been said …so I’ll just say, among the new guys and kids on the pitch, Ruhs and Tapp are the grouse …..and Redmayne is a f**king clown of the highest order (didn’t he sign for a championship team by the way or was the press going mad)

pjennings

Disappointed that we are out of the Cup. Strange penalty shootout. Cum Dingo has to score after taunting Redmayne and Roux missing after being relatively fresh was disappointing. Jacob after 120 mins at this stage of pre-season probably can probably be excused a bit more.

Aquilina was out of position a fair bit but it his first competitive outing for him with us and I'm sure Monty will work with him.

VAR would have given us a penalty for taking out Cummings, a red card for Grant on Ayongo, a disallowed goal for Burgess and quite possibly no second yellow for Hall as it looked like ALF was offside before cutting in front of Hall. (If not offside both yellows were deserved).

The yellow for Farrell was harsh since he got all ball and none of Burgess who arrived late and pretended he was taken out.

All up - disappointing to be out of the Cup but the boys will be better for the tough hitout and we still have some important players to come in (including Nizz into the middle).

For SFC - Adrian Segecic looks quite the footballer

sydmariner

Disappointed that we are out of the Cup. Strange penalty shootout. Cum Dingo has to score after taunting Redmayne and Roux missing after being relatively fresh was disappointing. Jacob after 120 mins at this stage of pre-season probably can probably be excused a bit more.

Aquilina was out of position a fair bit but it his first competitive outing for him with us and I'm sure Monty will work with him.

VAR would have given us a penalty for taking out Cummings, a red card for Grant on Ayongo, a disallowed goal for Burgess and quite possibly no second yellow for Hall as it looked like ALF was offside before cutting in front of Hall. (If not offside both yellows were deserved).

The yellow for Farrell was harsh since he got all ball and none of Burgess who arrived late and pretended he was taken out.

All up - disappointing to be out of the Cup but the boys will be better for the tough hitout and we still have some important players to come in (including Nizz into the middle).

For SFC - Adrian Segecic looks quite the footballer
There’s no VAR in the Australia Cup unfortunately.

Michael

I like the cut of Tapp's jib.
He’s excellent, did a job and then some at CB.
I can see him and Balard doing a very job together in CM.

people here also quickly forgot that it was actually Triantis’s senior pro debut. He did well. Mostly good positioning, some good aerial wins etc. Partnered with an experienced CB who could guide him, he would excel.

my biggest take away from tonight (under the circumstances) was the severe lack of voice and leadership on the pitch. Max tried leading by his actions and I thought he had a good enough game, but the lack of communication was visible. Steeley was disappointing which was a shame, he’s got more about him than he showed tonight. But this will always happen with young players.
once Ayongo gels with the other lads properly he will prove to be a great signing. He’ll score goals.
I also see cumdog going very close to the golden boot if he gets even half alright service.

we all know what we need, genuine GK and a leader at CB. An experienced CM wouldn’t hurt but not desperate.

midfielder

hhhhhmmmmmmm

The last two seasons our strength was build from the back...

Big shoes to fill re the three lost players....

Way to early to pass judgement... however what can be said is that there is a lotta work to do ... I would even try Hall as a right back for a bit if the new CB is as quoted...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred