• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup round of 32 CCM vs Sydney FC

Coastalraider

I was just below Gatty as he filmed this - the group in the right clearly aggressors, all dressed in black hoodies and all wearing face masks/bandanas. Shaun was right beside me as well. Not a single team colours in sight, pretty clearly the aggressors were just there for the fight. Given that the aggressors all ran at the same moment, and cops turned up within a couple of minutes of them running,‘I’d say they had someone monitoring a police scanner.

marinermick

I was just below Gatty as he filmed this - the group in the right clearly aggressors, all dressed in black hoodies and all wearing face masks/bandanas. Shaun was right beside me as well. Not a single team colours in sight, pretty clearly the aggressors were just there for the fight. Given that the aggressors all ran at the same moment, and cops turned up within a couple of minutes of them running,‘I’d say they had someone monitoring a police scanner.

I had to drive through this just before it happened. There were a bunch of guys walking towards the stadium, all wearing black and masks. Some were carrying baseball bats. There is no way they were at the game.

Very relieved they didn’t touch my car.

Huddo

The thing that pissed me off (and eventually got me chucked out) was that the empty end was awarded penalty rights. There was no-one up there when it was called, but when we started making our way to the other end we get told first we can't go past half way, (and they tried to barricade a walk way not realising there is around 100 metres of open space to the right of the walk way), then they try partitioning the whole area behind the goal even though there's a natural split in the northern end. It wasn't a safety issue, it wasn't a security issue, it was a ploy to weight supporters behind the goals.
I hate SFC.

Last edited:

Wombat

I had to drive through this just before it happened. There were a bunch of guys walking towards the stadium, all wearing black and masks. Some were carrying baseball bats. There is no way they were at the game.

Very relieved they didn’t touch my car.

Most likely RBB wannabees. I saw it go off outside the Gosford Hotel pre game a few seasons ago and the guys attacking and fighting the Sydney supporters had no colours and didnt look like Coasties....my immediate assumption was Wanderers.

Rising Sun

The thing that pissed me off (and eventually got me chucked out) was that the empty end was awarded penalty rights. There was no-one up there when it was called, but when we started making our way to the other end we get told first we can't go past half way, (and they try to barricade a walk way not realising there is around 100 metres of open space to the right of the walk way), then they try partitioning the whole area behind the goal even though there's a natural split in the northern end. It wasn't a safety issue, it wasn't a security issue, it was a ploy to weight supporters behind the goals.
I hate SFC.
I heard that self entitled cheating cnuts were insisting the penalties were at that end because they "always" have them at that end (pretty sure that would have been the first one at Leichhardt) and that they were operationally geared up to have them at that end (clear from the initial ham-fisted efforts to block the path that they were putting the operational plan together on the fly). The match officials and/or FA reps stood firm and insisted on a coin toss which we lost anyway.

Big Al

Sydney is the best at exposing our structures weakness but it took them a few beltings to work us out but you could see them working over the holes and if they had better finishing they could have had more in the 1st half. Our midfield was non existent and the wings didn’t come back and help. There was no link between defense and our attack when going forward. Disappointing play but great fighting spirit and a bit to work on in preseason.

Stormy steadied things nicely

Hall had a shocker

Cumdingo what a header.

We will be competitive this season

Ironbark

They flipped a coin for which end the shootout was taken in, the ref was transparent about it and involved both captains.
Then they flipped to see who shot first and we won that.

marinermick

I see it was a coin toss that determined the end, that's good. What wasn't was the way people were treated when they wanted to proceed to the empty part of the stadium to continue to support their team.

I find the event distasteful as well. Sydney received a distinct advantage by having so many supporters behind the goals.

I was told that I couldn’t go to the other end because I had an active Mariners ticket and had to stay in that end. When I told them that I had a general admission ticket and it could should it to them I was still told no.

Rising Sun

They flipped a coin for which end the shootout was taken in, the ref was transparent about it and involved both captains.
Then they flipped to see who shot first and we won that.
Yes the officials stood firm and applied the rules but prior to that, SFC were insisting that there should be no toss, that it had to be a that end for operational reasons. This was from somebody who was on the sidelines when the discussion took place

Rising Sun

The trouble only erupted a few moments before the start of Gatty's filming so they weren't running from the cops. Fans ran back in the stadium (there were a lot of youngsters) and they shut the gates. With all the soft targets gone, maybe some of the tougher security guards were forming up to go on the counter attack and so they bailed before they got in a real fight

Ozhammer

In other news a lot of shit went on post game. I.e hooligans and flares. Can't wait to see FA's response.

We spoke to some SFC active guys just as it was happening and they said it was 100% a WSW active stir up, to try to get SFC in trouble with the authorities. The flares that were ripped in the ground were also said to be thrown by WSW infiltrators.

It’s so sad that there continue to be incidents like this, which give the football haters all the ammunition they need to keep slating our code.

As to the game, I want to watch it back on TV but I thought the boys showed great spirit off the back of just 11 training sessions total and whilst there are clearly things to work on, we will be fine once the season proper starts. Some senior leadership is definitely required however, although I thought Max led by example wonderfully for such a young player.

Whilst it is sad to be out of the cup, Monty can now focus 100% on pre season being all about being ready for round 1.

Ads

Roux———Hall———New———Farrell
Beni———Niz———Ballard——-Ruys
————Cumdog——Ayongo————-

I think after last night Garang might find himself replacing Cum or Ayongo after 60min each game like end of last year.

Ruys and Ayongo can interchange as Ruys pushed forward nicely at times.

Niz will balance the middle and stop the loss of possession so much, steady the ship.

Roux might claim starting RB if he Carrie’s his form and Aquilina can keep pushing during pre-season.

Triantis a massive shift like Ballard but Hall still holds my confidence from last year.

*** We just need to slide better in defence and compact the field on one side. ****

Each line needs a leader to pull the line and compact. Our wide mids went walk about a in attack and weren’t ready for their defence duties making very hard for Steele and Ballard.

Good signs but lots to work on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred