• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australian Football Stuff - not worthy of a thread

Tevor

They might as well do away with press conferences all together. Everyone wants to know what the managers thought of the game and the flash points which normally originate from officiating. Without knowing the details I can only assume the managers don't bother filling out the form because nothing happens anyway. We have all seen in the past the boss of the officials back incorrect calls to save face.

I still feel it was a fundamental flaw of the APL set up to be using officials controlled by an entity you shafted to set up your own comp. The FA just sits back now knowing they can significantly impact the comp and there is very little the APL can do about it. Another well thought through plan by the APL.

turbo

They might as well do away with press conferences all together. Everyone wants to know what the managers thought of the game and the flash points which normally originate from officiating. Without knowing the details I can only assume the managers don't bother filling out the form because nothing happens anyway. We have all seen in the past the boss of the officials back incorrect calls to save face.
They never answer honestly anyway because they'll be fined. Very little of any value normally. As far as the nothing happens anyway you still have to submit the feedback the proper way. Nothing worse than someone who whinges and carries on to all who will listen except the people who can help, who also happen to be best qualified to call out any bs. Could be a connection there.

still feel it was a fundamental flaw of the APL set up to be using officials controlled by an entity you shafted to set up your own comp. The FA just sits back now knowing they can significantly impact the comp and there is very little the APL can do about it. Another well thought through plan by the APL.
There's merit to the idea of having the refs under your direct supervision but it would open up a whole other can of worms as well as being quite expensive and another layer of admin. Think there's a Sydney conspiracy now? Wait until DT is in charge of the refs as well, the fans would lose their mind.

Dont get me wrong FA needs to do a lot better and I believe they're trying even if change moves slowly.

Tevor

Would be interesting to see what Shaun has to think of completing the form and do we ever receive anything worth while for the time and energy in doing so. I recall numerous blatant errors over the years by the VAR and Officials and the Club has said they will make formal complaints and diddly squat happens. In fact those referees still haunt us every week and we are only one game away from another howler.

They deserve all the criticism they receive and clearly the managers feel the press conference is their only real avenue for a good whinge and keep it all above board and not get fined. Funny they release an article to the media when they ask the managers not to do the very same thing.

marinermick

Would be interesting to see what Shaun has to think of completing the form and do we ever receive anything worth while for the time and energy in doing so. I recall numerous blatant errors over the years by the VAR and Officials and the Club has said they will make formal complaints and diddly squat happens. In fact those referees still haunt us every week and we are only one game away from another howler.

They deserve all the criticism they receive and clearly the managers feel the press conference is their only real avenue for a good whinge and keep it all above board and not get fined. Funny they release an article to the media when they ask the managers not to do the very same thing.

I remember when I was President of Newcastle Uni Football Club. Every time we put in an official complaint about the ref the refereeing would get much worse the next weekend. We stopped putting in complaints in the end.

Ironbark

I would like to see a points system for refs based on correct, incorrect and borderline decisions used for internal review and training (they may already). That way feedback from coaches/clubs can go towards it.

That way it's not about what they do, but about how well they officiate based on the rules and letting the game flow.

Maybe start with 500 points, take off points for wrong calls, take off even more for game changing incorrect calls, add points on for handing challenging moments or borderline calls well - i.e. take the heat out of a near fight, review thoroughly with VAR for game changing moments and so forth.

This might be in place already but there seems to be no management for some of the most horrendous examples we've seen in recent years. Being the bottom ref on points is a disincentive. Refs commonly losing points to inconsistency of fouls being called can be coached specifically, for example.
Using data to actually guide development would be good.

This might all happen already, but if not it should.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
f**king refs ….I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again , next time there is a blatant howler by one or more of these goddamn incompetents , yank the team off the pitch , let’s see the Fuck All explain it away to the gathered press corp

Melange

Gotta love fox footy coverage, today's headline - ’It would be folly’: Socceroos legend warns Ange of the ‘huge’ PL ‘risk’ he mustn’t take

You know when they say Socceroos legend but not the name that it's Robbie Slater. If they put his name in the headline they risk no-one reading the article ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred