• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF possible split with FNSW

marinermick

There is talk that CCF are looking to split from Football NSW. They are jack that almost a million of our dollars go to FNSW with very little in return.

But the very large straw that breaks the camel back is the proposed fee structure for next season:
- a doubling of FNSW fees for each of our player registrations.
- FNSW to be the central bank for all registration deposits and they will then dole out the association and club components to the associations when they see fit.
- All rego fees to be paid in full at the time of registration.
- All registration fees can only be paid by credit card.
- No refund on registrations for any reason.
- No discount on rego fees that clubs have in place e.g, early bird discount, life member discount, family discount etc.

There are also a number of associations thinking of owing the same.

turbo

I really don’t know what Football NSW gives us for our contribution. There’s an insurance scheme but it’s pretty poor and you need to jump through hoops. I could have claimed this season but it’s not worth the hassle for getting a few hundred back.
Out of close to $400 for senior rego $83 is earmarked for FNSW, with a separate category for CCF - FNSW.

If I’m connecting the dots correctly you’re suggesting next years rego would be over $450, if so that’s disgusting and there should be a very clear breakdown of why.

marinermick

I really don’t know what Football NSW gives us for our contribution. There’s an insurance scheme but it’s pretty poor and you need to jump through hoops. I could have claimed this season but it’s not worth the hassle for getting a few hundred back.
Out of close to $400 for senior rego $83 is earmarked for FNSW, with a separate category for CCF - FNSW.

If I’m connecting the dots correctly you’re suggesting next years rego would be over $450, if so that’s disgusting and there should be a very clear breakdown of why.

Hence why the split. Enough is enough.

turbo

Hence why the split. Enough is enough.
Im behind it then. They’ll never let it happen but there should be a serious examination in the role of the state level bodies in the current era. Surely there’s the possibility of centralising some functions with the FFA and others at an association level to strip out some inefficiency.

And some of the stuff I’ve seen out of QLD with legal action against Bonita Mersiades is a stain on the game and it’s administration.

style_cafe

So if they split where do they go?
They need to meet with the other associations and convince them to stand together to break the status quo.
It`s been done before 20 years ago.
FNSW wouldn`t want the bad publicity that such a campaign against them could bring...:popcorn:

Tevor

I used to play in the Lidcombe association and the Hills area wanted to split and FNSW wouldn’t back the move so they went it alone and after one year FNSW came begging on their knees for them to join again and the Hills Assoc to remain separate. I knew one of the guys involved in the nitty gritty and they had so much cash left over after finding separate insurance they gave it back to the clubs to find equipment and clothing for players. I recall him saying how he never realised how much went to FNSW for very little return. It can be done but a lot of work as you also need to start a referee association as well.

marinermick

Further to my first post, Football NSW is proposing a split payment system for those who register. Once registered you need to pay the Football NSW/FFA component to Football NSW and the Association/Club component to the club. Two separate payments.

What a clusterf%#k!

turbo

Do they think people are dumb enough not to see the total cost if it’s split? If anything it will only foster more negativity once people realise the chunk that goes up the food chain with little coming back. Particularly if they are increasing their fee.

marinermick

Do they think people are dumb enough not to see the total cost if it’s split? If anything it will only foster more negativity once people realise the chunk that goes up the food chain with little coming back. Particularly if they are increasing their fee.

exactly what I thought

style_cafe

The "rip off" of amateur players has always been in place.
FNSW is a top heavy administration that gives little or nothing back to local players.
The player insurance has always been pathetic and little more than a money collecting exercise.
20 years ago when we had Amateurs and Federation the Amateurs used to get sponsored by the insurance company to the tune of $100,000- a season.
You don`t have to be a rocket scientist to work out the scam there.
The two administrations duplicated services and charged associations for the so called services.
It wasn`t until Macarthur,Easts and St.George Associations stood up to them and were then backed up by Albury and Wagga Associations that changes were made.
All that the amateurs were able to hold over our heads was Champions of Champions,a competition that they ran for nothing except the trophy costs.
Our breakaway forced the Amateurs to the table and the following year FNSW was formed.
It seems now that 20 years later the same thing is happening.
The people Associations vote for have seized the power for their own good and not for the good of grassroots players.
The only way to get rid of these bastards is for the associations to rise up against them and boot them out.
That will then show the FFA that we wont take the shit they serve the people.

turbo

Issue is FNSW whats to run and broadcast a second division and pay for it with player subs.

I would support a one or two off levy paid to the FFA to establish a broadcasting platform and national second division infrastructure.I don’t think players should be subsidising individual clubs and there’s no reason for Football NSW to be the ones with their hand out.

style_cafe

Issue is FNSW whats to run and broadcast a second division and pay for it with player subs.
What would a second division have to do with FNSW?
Surely if the A League was to have a B League then it would be run by the same organisation whether it be the FFA or the A League self governing.
I`m sure the other states wouldn`t be in favour of FNSW running a second Division either.

If that is the plan from FNSW, then taxing the kids and the " for fun players" is not the route they should be taking...:popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

ccmfans.net merch

For more info or questions about the merch, check out this post

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recovrfunds