• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club PT 2

Insertnamehere

The Bananas work specifically because they’re a barnstorming team. They were not well liked at first. They actually changed how baseball is played to focus on entertainment rather than the traditional rules. A lot focused on speeding up the game.
I like a lot of what the Bananas do. I just don’t know how well it translates to football, a lot of their engagement hinges on stoppages. That said, some things to learn about being successful in a small market and building a strong brand. The Bananas are helped by being unique in a unique city like Savannah.
I mean the owner was doing the same things with the previous team he managed and its only since 21 they haven't been a competition team.

The point was, as ive said in the past about looking to the NFL, the product is entertainment and lessons can be drawn from others who appreciate the need to provide a game day experience.

Huddo

I mean the owner was doing the same things with the previous team he managed and its only since 21 they haven't been a competition team.

The point was, as ive said in the past about looking to the NFL, the product is entertainment and lessons can be drawn from others who appreciate the need to provide a game day experience.

Like I've said in the past, and the BBL did it really well, but the aleague really should have targeted families during the school holiday. The BBLs numbers were comparable to ours before the holidays and then there numbers just exploded.

Just look at the numbers that turned out for the new years eve fixture.

Insertnamehere

Like I've said in the past, and the BBL did it really well, but the aleague really should have targeted families during the school holiday. The BBLs numbers were comparable to ours before the holidays and then there numbers just exploded.

Just look at the numbers that turned out for the new years eve fixture.
Nothing attracts fans like a winning team. The stickiness is the problem.

Huddo

Nothing attracts fans like a winning team. The stickiness is the problem.

Yeah, but people as a whole are sheep, if you can create crowds like we did in 12/13 they will come for the social aspect, just as much as the winning.

So I work with a RL nut. For some minor reason the bloke has felt slighted by the Mariners, hates them, the bloke has said on multiple occasions in passing conversation he would never go to a Mariners game. He has a wife and 3 kids. The wife not knowing about these hatreds organise tickets to the NYE with family friends that were also going. They turned up watched a very entertaining game, and at the end of it 2 of the kids said they wanted to watch more games, and yes it may have been the winning that got them there, but when the bloke woke in the morning to one of his kids singing no one rates us, the entertainment has to have factored in to it to a level (otherwise MC would be much bigger).

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

Yeah, but people as a whole are sheep, if you can create crowds like we did in 12/13 they will come for the social aspect, just as much as the winning.

So I work with a RL nut. For some minor reason the bloke has felt slighted by the Mariners, hates them, the bloke has said on multiple occasions in passing conversation he would never go to a Mariners game. He has a wife and 3 kids. The wife not knowing about these hatreds organise tickets to the NYE with family friends that were also going. They turned up watched a very entertaining game, and at the end of it 2 of the kids said they wanted to watch more games, and yes it may have been the winning that got them there, but when the bloke woke in the morning to one of his kids singing no one rates us, the entertainment has to have factored in to it to a level (otherwise MC would be much bigger).
Love it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameswaria