• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club PT 2

Insertnamehere

The Bananas work specifically because they’re a barnstorming team. They were not well liked at first. They actually changed how baseball is played to focus on entertainment rather than the traditional rules. A lot focused on speeding up the game.
I like a lot of what the Bananas do. I just don’t know how well it translates to football, a lot of their engagement hinges on stoppages. That said, some things to learn about being successful in a small market and building a strong brand. The Bananas are helped by being unique in a unique city like Savannah.
I mean the owner was doing the same things with the previous team he managed and its only since 21 they haven't been a competition team.

The point was, as ive said in the past about looking to the NFL, the product is entertainment and lessons can be drawn from others who appreciate the need to provide a game day experience.

Huddo

I mean the owner was doing the same things with the previous team he managed and its only since 21 they haven't been a competition team.

The point was, as ive said in the past about looking to the NFL, the product is entertainment and lessons can be drawn from others who appreciate the need to provide a game day experience.

Like I've said in the past, and the BBL did it really well, but the aleague really should have targeted families during the school holiday. The BBLs numbers were comparable to ours before the holidays and then there numbers just exploded.

Just look at the numbers that turned out for the new years eve fixture.

Insertnamehere

Like I've said in the past, and the BBL did it really well, but the aleague really should have targeted families during the school holiday. The BBLs numbers were comparable to ours before the holidays and then there numbers just exploded.

Just look at the numbers that turned out for the new years eve fixture.
Nothing attracts fans like a winning team. The stickiness is the problem.

Huddo

Nothing attracts fans like a winning team. The stickiness is the problem.

Yeah, but people as a whole are sheep, if you can create crowds like we did in 12/13 they will come for the social aspect, just as much as the winning.

So I work with a RL nut. For some minor reason the bloke has felt slighted by the Mariners, hates them, the bloke has said on multiple occasions in passing conversation he would never go to a Mariners game. He has a wife and 3 kids. The wife not knowing about these hatreds organise tickets to the NYE with family friends that were also going. They turned up watched a very entertaining game, and at the end of it 2 of the kids said they wanted to watch more games, and yes it may have been the winning that got them there, but when the bloke woke in the morning to one of his kids singing no one rates us, the entertainment has to have factored in to it to a level (otherwise MC would be much bigger).

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

Yeah, but people as a whole are sheep, if you can create crowds like we did in 12/13 they will come for the social aspect, just as much as the winning.

So I work with a RL nut. For some minor reason the bloke has felt slighted by the Mariners, hates them, the bloke has said on multiple occasions in passing conversation he would never go to a Mariners game. He has a wife and 3 kids. The wife not knowing about these hatreds organise tickets to the NYE with family friends that were also going. They turned up watched a very entertaining game, and at the end of it 2 of the kids said they wanted to watch more games, and yes it may have been the winning that got them there, but when the bloke woke in the morning to one of his kids singing no one rates us, the entertainment has to have factored in to it to a level (otherwise MC would be much bigger).
Love it!

midfielder

Shaun

Wonders aloud if you have this information or even a hit of it...

The GF move was said in the main to be because ratings and subscriptions were down and fell well below target numbers.... so GF move helped smooth over the P + reduction.

On another forum a guy posted P + has more subs than Optus and well over a million in total.... I read today as of August 22 P + had over 400 subs....

Shaun, do you have any idea of P + subs... and if it is over a million how much of that is Football... the only thing that makes sense to me is P + subs given with memberships are not counted as they don't produce revenue...

Shaun would very much appreciate any think you can tell us on this matter..

FFC Mariner

Shaun

The GF move was said in the main to be because ratings and subscriptions were down and fell well below target numbers.... so GF move helped smooth over the P + reduction.

On another forum a guy posted P + has more subs than Optus and well over a million in total.... I read today as of August 22 P + had over 400 subs....

Shaun, do you have any idea of P + subs... and if it is over a million how much of that is Football... the only thing that makes sense to me is P + subs given with memberships are not counted as they don't produce revenue...

Forget their woeful football coverage but P+ is a brilliant streaming service. "Stan Killer"

Corsair

Streaming data as of June last year..

Netflix (6.3 million) remained the top SVOD provider at the end of June 22, followed by Amazon Prime Video (4.1 million), Disney+ (3.0 million), Stan (2.5 million), Kayo Sports (1.3 million), Binge (1.3 million), Paramount+ (1.1 million) and Optus Sport (1.0 million)

https://www.telsyte.com.au/announce...inment-defies-rising-cost-of-living-pressures
I think there would have been movement in these stats since June. Netflix pissed a lot of people off with their price increases. Some of the non-sport stuff on P- is actually pretty good, definitely improving anyway.

I could imagine the cinemas would show a proportionate decline in figures to match the increase in streaming.

midfielder

Streaming data as of June last year..

Netflix (6.3 million) remained the top SVOD provider at the end of June 22, followed by Amazon Prime Video (4.1 million), Disney+ (3.0 million), Stan (2.5 million), Kayo Sports (1.3 million), Binge (1.3 million), Paramount+ (1.1 million) and Optus Sport (1.0 million)

https://www.telsyte.com.au/announce...inment-defies-rising-cost-of-living-pressures
I think there would have been movement in these stats since June. Netflix pissed a lot of people off with their price increases. Some of the non-sport stuff on P- is actually pretty good, definitely improving anyway.

I could imagine the cinemas would show a proportionate decline in figures to match the increase in streaming.

Yes there would have been a lot of changes over the past 8 to 9 months...

One thing that stood out for me was Kayo Sports has heaps of sports.... and 1.3 million plus whats ever left on Fox.... Optus with only Football EPL & Champions League has 1 million....

But with 1.1 million subs, it difficult to think it grew that quickly without huge numbers of Football folk...

Again the reason for the question is because APL said and lets assume it was not a lie to get them off the hook on the GF move.. but APL said P + said Football did not reach target numbers...

ConsKrypt

The language around clubs driving subscriptions is possibly important here. If someone signs up independently not via referral or via club membership do they count? Are they required to watch a certain amount of football content to count?
I am one of those who signed up prior to renewing membership so I didnt do the referral via CCMFC but A-League is pretty much all I consume from them (when it works and I do not need to "travel" ;) )

Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun

Hey sorry for the very late reply, its been waaaay too long since I have been on here.

To answer your question though I don't have hard figures that I would confidently say are accurate as the true numbers are kept well guarded. The indicative commentary I have heard is that Paramount is killing in in subscriptions on the movie platforms and as they continue to make their content exclusive all projections are heading north.

But the subscriptions directly connected to the A-League are very poor, hence why there was a reschedule and extra free-to air for 10Bold match. So I suppose both comments are correct.

Just to confirm though that the sub's included in the membership are fully paid for by the club - it didn't work out how we had expected and as such the club has taken a blow on this one. It is what it is and we move ahead.

Corsair

Just to confirm though that the sub's included in the membership are fully paid for by the club - it didn't work out how we had expected and as such the club has taken a blow on this one. It is what it is and we move ahead.
Disgraceful that it turned out this way, I don't expect you to elaborate but it would be interesting to know if it was P+ or the APL that did the dirty. The fact you honoured the commitment when my membership was purchased and were good for your word carried a great deal of weight for me personally. I upgraded to Gold on the back of it to make sure you got "a refund" of the cost out of my membership. If it had gone the other way and not been honoured I'd have been dirty and resentful about it for the whole season. Love the integrity the club shows to fans, great work.

Shaun Mielekamp

Got a question for @Shaun Mielekamp
Was on the website the other day and saw that we only have 2 board members listed under board and management. Is that right? If it isn't who are the other board members currently?
This is an evolving set up. Obviously as the club is 100% privately owed board structures are as dominant as a member voted boards.

Obviously Rich and Mike with Anton Tagliaferro and David Slade on advisory board.

Although the advisory board is growing and likely to have more info about structure in the off season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami