• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM proposed tour to China

FFC Mariner

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/68597,mariners-eye-china-tour.aspx

EXCLUSIVE: With their Asian Champions League berth booked for 2009, Central Coast Mariners plan to visit China in the next few months for a short tour.
The tour is being slated for May or June this year although the actual dates depend on when the CSL announce their mid-season break.

After Adelaide and Sydney in the first year, we've learned a lot about what they experienced. And I think with Melbourne and Adelaide this year, we can learn a lot from what they go through, Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna told au.fourfourtwo.com today.

So I think we'll be in China around end of May, early June. That experience will be vital as we look to make the final qualifying round for the 2009 Asian Champions League.

I think we can learn and be better prepared. I know Sydney had horrific conditions in Indonesia so the more we learn from these teams, the better.

As for the tag Super-coach McKinna, the genial Coast boss refuted the suggestion.

No! I'm still just me, and I'll never change.

The new A-League premiers open their finals campaign on Sunday against local rivals the Jets in Newcastle

dru

Sounds like a good plan for the supporters as well.  ;) see what conditions are like before our serious assault on asia.

wonder how long the flight to China is?

dru

grahamh said:
dru said:
Sounds like a good plan for the supporters as well.  ;) see what conditions are like before our serious assault on asia.

China? - you're almost there already Dru!

I know but need to get back to Brisbane for international flights and with a 4 day weekend every fortnight, a weekend game over there may well be possible for me.  :eek:verhead:

Bex

I wonder if this sort of trip is only possible due to the Asia Cup funding from the FFA. If so, then this could be part of the other side of the coin of not having a chance at a home grand final. Does anyone know how this sort of trip would be funded?

dru

Bex said:
dru said:
Depends on where in China you're going - its a big country!

I'd dare say they would be looking at games in Beijing in which case it is about 13 hours from Sydney. When do the Olympics kick off?

midfielder

Shows our management are on the ball as usual and planning has already begun, for Asia, which will help keep our best players.

CCM-JAM80

Great news, simply brilliant!

Securing The Premiership and a place in the Asians Champions League is priceless, it will reap huge rewards on and off the field for our club. The exposure we will gain on a global scale will bring it's rewards to the club, the players, coaches and the fans ...

By winning The Premiership, I think we are now listed as very likely to keep John Aloisi as our marquee player and captain. Aloisi alone will ensure there is plenty of fanfare abroad, he is well known in Asia I understand (albeit much smaller scale when talking some of the BIG stars in our game) and he will bring us attention.

It also allows Pim to look at some of his fringe players in action against some of Asia's best, strong showings from a guy like Hutch, Boogs or Danny will only bring good things in terms of selection in time.

As one said, our administration are once again demonstrating they are on the ball in planning such an initiative.

The Central Coast Mariners yet again prove why we are number one in all facets of being a professional football club.

Mariner Girl

Qantas has direct flights into Shanghai and the duration is around 10.30 hours, also to Beijing, which is around 12.00 hours. I will check some airfares tomorrow when I get to work for May / June to give you some idea.

Whilst Qantas may not be the cheapest, it is the most direct route, unless you travel on some of the Chinese carriers. I'll check some and advise tomorrow night.  :piano: :piano:

FFC Mariner

Also allow us to get a good look at Asian players and, judging by how innovative we have been so far, who would bet against some sort of tie up with an Asian club to develop young players?

adz

Staff member
good plan. marinators betting syndicate is going to have to pick up its game next season... help pay for a few people to go over ;)

marinermick

adz said:
good plan. marinators betting syndicate is going to have to pick up its game next season... help pay for a few people to go over ;)

adz, you should start fostering business relationships in asia now

would make for a very tiday business expense

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred