• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Supporters Trust

Ancient Mariner

I for one was critical of him not selling to Lee and still am. No one predicted Trump coming and crippling plenty of Chinese businesses just as no one predicted that Peter Turnbull would be screwed by the GFC.

However bad Newcastle has been the last few years, they have been more successful than us.

And I think you are way off the mark about Phelan, the academy and Monty’s view of Phelan. It was an absolute clusterf$&k under Phelan that only changed when Anton came in, Schembri oversaw the program and Monty became technical director.
To be pedantic Charlesworth agreed to accept Anton and appoint Monty. It is not a totally one way street.
You could say his biggest mistake was not walking away when the Club was in massive debt. He may even agree with that now.
If that had happened I guess the only football team I would be now watching would be Normo Eagles and have saved myself a lot of money and petrol.
I guess it is up to each of us to decide what commitment we are prepared to make to do what we can to make the Club successful.

Ancient Mariner

and Kuoll & Nizzy
Players moving overseas to bigger leagues to develop is commendable and we must have them under contract to get compensation in the form of a decent fee, but when transfer fees between A-league clubs are introduced we must not lose valuable players to opposition clubs for want of being able to match more money.
Maybe with a richer owner prepared to invest more in the Club this will not be so great an issue. However, at the moment and with a future owner with the same beliefs as Charlesworth (the Club must be self supporting) it could be vital. With the current, or similarly minded owner in the future, the success of the Trust could be even more important.

Forum Phoenix

Right. I have the answer if we want to keep Charlesworth at arms length.

Every year the trust just buys a Lambo for our favourite player.

Just imagine the smile on Kuol's face doing laps at Terrigal or donuts at the haven with his mates in this. All it needs is a Mariners badge.

unnamed.jpg

FFC Mariner

Players moving overseas to bigger leagues to develop is commendable and we must have them under contract to get compensation in the form of a decent fee, but when transfer fees between A-league clubs are introduced we must not lose valuable players to opposition clubs for want of being able to match more money.
Maybe with a richer owner prepared to invest more in the Club this will not be so great an issue. However, at the moment and with a future owner with the same beliefs as Charlesworth (the Club must be self supporting) it could be vital. With the current, or similarly minded owner in the future, the success of the Trust could be even more important.
Agree - there is no shame in being a "selling club" most are except for 2 or 3 at the very top of the pyramid. They key is that we get fair compensation for players we develop AND that $$$ gets reinvested in the squad

pjennings

Not us - but related

Ray Gatt tweeting on an announcement later this week about Victory fans having the chance to become shareholders of their club.

Jimmy

The same thing was offered a few years ago, but it was only used to make the current shareholders up their stakes and nothing came to fruition.
Interesting to see if the follow through with it, any shareholders would probably be liable for losses too if it's not set up as a fan owned model the like of which Mark is working on.

FFC Mariner

Just read through the draft constitution that has been posted on the Trusts website. I like the fact that we will now have an official body to represent members (of the Trust) to the club. These guys are real pro's and I also like the fact that they are supporting a community bank with the trusts account

NSW Fair Trading have only requested some drafting issues to be tidied up so they ought to approve the constitution almost as written.

The only thing that wasnt clear to me are how unpaid share capital/instalments will work - is the trust going to do payment plans for the annual fee (makes sense if they did)

Also, the CCU's (Co operative capital units) it implies that this could be capital received that doesnt carry a vote (joint venture partner for a buy out maybe?) Or I'm reading it wrong

If anyone from the trust able to clarify or could @Coast Football Ramble ask MB?

Cant wait to get involved

Updates are here

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member