• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Victory Away

JoyfulPenguin

Is this the game the Melbourne curse is broken?

With Victory almost out of finals contention this is a fairly crucial game for them if they are going to make anything of this season.

Looking forward to my third game in person this season and hope to see the away bay packed out!

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hope so.....and it's one of those games where I kind of feel like if we can't win this, and do so convincingly, then we don't deserve to be in the finals.

We all know we hit a pretty big rut late this season - if we win, and especially if we do so convincingly, then I think it'll really announce that we're past the rut (one win doesn't quite make that statement, as important as it was)

Last edited:

sydmariner

curt ams is avar :mad:

JoyfulPenguin

I think Barriero is a good ref who has the backbone to ignore VAR if he disagrees.

Tevor

I think Barriero is a good ref who has the backbone to ignore VAR if he disagrees.
The flog is no friend of ours, it wasn't that long ago he made a mess of one of our games if my recollection is correct. The League still think Victory are a chance so expect some special decisions, it's only the Mariners right.

Edit: It was the two horrendous penalties awarded in Brisvegas, we won but they were both terrible decisions and he wouldn't review them. He is dangerous in my opinion especially when someone is to up themselves to think they might have got it wrong.

Corsair

Melbourne Victory vs Central Coast Mariners - AAMI Park
Sunday, 19 March 2023 - 5:00 PM (Local) (5:00 PM AEDT)

RefereeJonathan BarreiroFourth OfficialLachlan Keevers
Assistant Referee 1Daniel IlievskiVARKris Griffiths-Jones
Assistant Referee 2Andrew MeimarakisAVARKurt Ams

JoyfulPenguin

Our stats with Barreiro;

Games 16
Wins 2 (12.5%)
Draws 6 (37.5%)
Losses 8 (50%)

Says it all.

And a 57% win rate with Victory. We will be playing 12 this weekend.
Watching him as a neutral with other teams I have been impressed by him, and he was always very good in NPL Victoria.

Surprised to see that our record with him in charge is so negative. Might also be because he is a Victorian based ref and we haven't won there in an eon?

marinermick

Watching him as a neutral with other teams I have been impressed by him, and he was always very good in NPL Victoria.

Surprised to see that our record with him in charge is so negative. Might also be because he is a Victorian based ref and we haven't won there in an eon?

To be fair most of our stats won’t be favourable with referees because we were so shit for so long. Conversely stats will look better with the more successful clubs.

Most games are not won or lost by referees despite what people think.

Tevor

To be fair most of our stats won’t be favourable with referees because we were so shit for so long. Conversely stats will look better with the more successful clubs.

Most games are not won or lost by referees despite what people think.
This is the third season we have now been a finals team, Barreiro has been officiating for 5 or 6 seasons. Our second win with him was not long ago against the Roar. Before that was 1 win in 15 games. The last few seasons have improved our stats with certain referees that we think are worst than Barreiro because we are a better team.

So you don’t think we have lost any games from officiating??? Let’s look at the hatrick of pens against us in Adelaide. Leckie stomping on Millers foot in the box. They are direct examples of impacted games and you can’t deny that losing most 50/50’s, receiving strategic cards, extensions to injury time, the list goes on does not make it harder for a team to win.

marinermick

This is the third season we have now been a finals team, Barreiro has been officiating for 5 or 6 seasons. Our second win with him was not long ago against the Roar. Before that was 1 win in 15 games. The last few seasons have improved our stats with certain referees that we think are worst than Barreiro because we are a better team.

So you don’t think we have lost any games from officiating??? Let’s look at the hatrick of pens against us in Adelaide. Leckie stomping on Millers foot in the box. They are direct examples of impacted games and you can’t deny that losing most 50/50’s, receiving strategic cards, extensions to injury time, the list goes on does not make it harder for a team to win.

We also won games because of officiating but you choose to ignore that.

Despite being in the finals the last two years and maybe this year, when was the last time we won in Victoria? What state does JB mostly referee in? Was JB responsible for our Victorian losses?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami