• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Victory Away

Meerkat

Do you know what.. Hopefully the club takes the time to read the forum.. to Monty and the team.. I think it also needs to be said, I get that you guys “don’t like coming” to Aami Park and maybe you had thrown the game away before you got on the plane.. but have a little respect and appreciation for the people who take the time and money to travel and support the team.. I was in Melb with the fam two years ago, (City v CCM) then the FFA final last year.. fortunately not this year. But plenty of people did make the effort.
Fans deserve better than that…
And Rich, if you want dollars coming in, bums on seats at our home games.. the boys need to actually show up and play. Wherever they are.

Last edited:

Tevor

Do you know what.. Hopefully the club takes the time to read the forum.. to Monty and the team.. I think it also needs to be said, I get that you guys “don’t like coming” to Aami Park and maybe you had thrown the game away before you got on the plane.. but have a little respect and appreciation for the people who take the time and money to travel and support the team.. I was in Melb with the fam two years ago, (City v CCM) then the FFA final last year.. fortunately not this year. But plenty of people did.
And Rich, if you want dollars coming in, bums on seats at our home games.. the boys need to actually show up and play. Wherever they are.
I want to do a Melbourne away match but I'm not even considering it until we look like we want to win there. The one I wanted to go to where we had a go at AAMI park was the Cup final but I couldn't due to work commitments. If I had paid money to travel to watch that game yesterday I would have been pretty disappointed with my team.

Josho Howe

I want to do a Melbourne away match but I'm not even considering it until we look like we want to win there. The one I wanted to go to where we had a go at AAMI park was the Cup final but I couldn't due to work commitments. If I had paid money to travel to watch that game yesterday I would have been pretty disappointed with my team.
Yeah agree, I mean, who would've paid money and booked leave off work just to go to another Melbourne game in the slim hopes of seeing us break the curse coz l thought it was about time.

Oh.

FFC Mariner

Do you know what.. Hopefully the club takes the time to read the forum.. to Monty and the team.. I think it also needs to be said, I get that you guys “don’t like coming” to Aami Park and maybe you had thrown the game away before you got on the plane.. but have a little respect and appreciation for the people who take the time and money to travel and support the team.. I was in Melb with the fam two years ago, (City v CCM) then the FFA final last year.. fortunately not this year. But plenty of people did make the effort.
I think what is said in a press conference and how people really feel are quite different

priorpeter

From what I have seen, this is correct. I have not noticed an official statement regarding either officially leaving, could that mean they are "on loan" instead? No idea.

Transfermrkt also shows that Ayongo remains within the club. However, Dor Jok is listed where he currently plays, for the Port Melb Sharks
Both are gone. Not surprised there was no announcement RE Jok, it was a bit of a messy one. Shame as he’s a good kid, hope he does well in the NPL.

Last edited:

Ironbark

I think what is said in a press conference and how people really feel are quite different
Yep, was going to comment similar. I often think after a game like that how hard I'd find it to face the media and aswer questions in a measured way. I think a lot of what is said is just middle of the road professionalism. His real thoughts will be kept internal.

Liam

I think that we lacked intensity, but I reckon we stop playing in that 3rd kit because when we wear it seems like we drop off, here are the results.
Bris 2-1 CCM (away)
Perth 2-2 CCM (away)
WSW 2-1 CCM (away)
Melb Vic 2-0 CCM (away)

Meerkat

Dud
I think that we lacked intensity, but I reckon we stop playing in that 3rd kit because when we wear it seems like we drop off, here are the results.
Bris 2-1 CCM (away)
Perth 2-2 CCM (away)
WSW 2-1 CCM (away)
Melb Vic 2-0 CCM (away)
I’m sure we beat Brisbane. It’s been one of the few away success stories..

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The more I reflect, the worse Monty's comment is.

"Oh we don't like playing here"....basically just writes it off with a shrug.

As coach, his job is to get that idea out of player's heads.

Sure, the club has a poor history at AAMI. But does this team?

How many player's are in their first year in our team?

Those player's have never lost at AAMI. Monty needs to focus on that. This team that can't win at AAMI doesn't exist. Every year we have a new team, with a clean slate.

Part of me almost hopes we drop out of the 6.

getting in the finals is a big tick and it can gloss over the real issues.

Since we hit 2nd, we have not been a top 6team

It's on Monty and the captain to ensure they know the slate is clean, and not have the chalkboard still filthy from last class.

Meerkat

The more I reflect, the worse Monty's comment is.

"Oh we don't like playing here"....basically just writes it off with a shrug.

As coach, his job is to get that idea out of player's heads.

Sure, the club has a poor history at AAMI. But does this team?

How many player's are in their first year in our team?

Those player's have never lost at AAMI. Monty needs to focus on that. This team that can't win at AAMI doesn't exist. Every year we have a new team, with a clean slate.

Part of me almost hopes we drop out of the 6.

getting in the finals is a big tick and it can gloss over the real issues.

Since we hit 2nd, we have not been a top 6team

It's on Monty and the captain to ensure they know the slate is clean, and not have the chalkboard still filthy from last class.
Absolutely nailed it.

Spacks

in the future, how do we fix our tactical plan vs opponents who drop deep, soak up pressure and play on the counter?

Hello Sailor

I turned it off in disgust at the end of the first half. I've never done that before. I found out today that they couldnt score against the bottom team with ten men-wow- I'm glad I didnt subject myself to that. I dont want to listen to Monty make excuses, I just hope he didn't trot out his over-used "We are the smallest club with the smallest budget and the youngest team'' here. From what I saw it was poor first team selection, no plan, allowing the opposition to play themselves into the game [They should have been worried at the start], ie poor management by Monty. He knows more about football than I could ever dream of having and he is bound to get things wrong at times-I just hope he took responsibility, Shit individual performances too. Wall passes were made but noone ran onto it, I saw Roux pass the ball into tough TWICE in the first half.

ConsKrypt

I just hope he didn't trot out his over-used "We are the smallest club with the smallest budget and the youngest team'' here
Welp, sad to say he sure did.
Although it's true its becoming very stale to hear every time we are defeated - everyone already knows this.

Do not get me wrong, I still have faith in the squad but what was put on show last night was far from the expectations we all have from the team as a whole.

They all need to go back to the drawing board, last time we tried a different formation (4 - 3 - 3), it failed majorly so I dont know if I agree with the people here saying our current formation is not the right answer considering how when we used the other formation while Monty was in the stands this was the main talking point as to why we were not competitive.
Damned if you do, damned if you dont kind of thing.

Wombat

Windust worries me. Technically a superb defender but lacks that yard of pace that top CB's need. He also doesn't yet have the physicality to get on top of his opponent.
May come in time but he needs to sit deep and that invites teams on
I actually thought he was better than Hall but he should not be starting a game. That was Monty's error.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami