• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCMFC New Chairman and Substantial Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Overboard

If he has the ability I'm sure Monty will give him a go, but it seems that with the club's business model, there are a lot of talented youth players ahead of him. If he hasn't the ability I'm sure Monty will not give him a go. His reputation as a manager is on the line. Please no more Usain Bolt like attempts to "turn a pig's ear into a silk purse". If he isn't the goods, and gets a run, Monty and the club will be a laughing stock.

pjennings

Late last year there was a report that said the APL wanted to go to 14 teams in 2023 and that they were still talking to Canberra as team 13. That was this team https://capitalregionfc.com.au/

The Andy Bernal one seems to be an alternate.

What this looks like to me is that the Capital Region bid has got up and will come in next season. Is that 2023? Ideally another team (Wollongong?) comes in at the same time.

turbo

What this looks like to me is that the Capital Region bid has got up and will come in next season
Wont be for next season. They need more time to get active in the transfer market, recruit staff, build hype etc.. If its been decided I reckon you're looking at offseason/finals time announcement with kick off in the 23-24 season.

Rising Sun

He is 17 I think so about right.

What you are insinuating (I assume with tongue-in-cheek) seems ridiculous - but tbh I am struggling to come up with a more credible reason why you would have a "try-before-you-buy" that lasts for 3 whole years (if the info you have on the structure of the deal is reliable).

Kilsin

He is 17 I think so about right.

What you are insinuating (I assume with tongue-in-cheek) seems ridiculous - but tbh I am struggling to come up with a more credible reason why you would have a "try-before-you-buy" that lasts for 3 whole years (if the info you have on the structure of the deal is reliable).
It was completely tongue-in-cheek mate :D

Rising Sun

It was completely tongue-in-cheek mate :D
Thanks for clarifying ;) . I did respond with a laugh emoji to the original post but it was probably not totally clear in my response that I was amused by the inference rather than making a serious accusation that was the reason for the 3 year deal (although it would be peak mariners). Having said that, the point about the structure of the deal seeming to be a strange one (based on marinermick's intel) is a valid one and I am at a loss how such a deal could be a good workable one for both parties.

Somewhere in Jamaica right now, Usain Bolt is probably reading this forum and kicking himself that he didn't think of this idea of effectively renting the club for a few years and bypass all this nonsense of having to trial :piralaugh:

marinermick

Thanks for clarifying ;) . I did respond with a laugh emoji to the original post but it was probably not totally clear in my response that I was amused by the inference rather than making a serious accusation that was the reason for the 3 year deal (although it would be peak mariners). Having said that, the point about the structure of the deal seeming to be a strange one (based on marinermick's intel) is a valid one and I am at a loss how such a deal could be a good workable one for both parties.

Somewhere in Jamaica right now, Usain Bolt is probably reading this forum and kicking himself that he didn't think of this idea of effectively renting the club for a few years and bypass all this nonsense of having to trial :piralaugh:

Indeed. He could have realised his dream of becoming a professional footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami