• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCMFC New Chairman and Substantial Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Overboard

compitition from a NRL and Rugby teams,
I'm not gunna panic about any assumptions, I'll just wait and see what this bloke can bring and what direction he wants from the club.

For as much as people might hate MC, he kept the club on the coast ( and kept the dream alive), lets hope that the new major investor will set this position as the starting point.
Hi Huddo, I also thought about the competition before posting but as our code plays in summer there is no conflict-in fact as a sports fan I would love year round entertainment with two local teams. [It was great when my kids played winter sport and in the summer I watched the Mariners].
I also think its too early to panic. I am also going to wait and see which was my original intention when posting about not automatically renewing my memberships.
As for Charlesworth, the club stayed on the Coast but I'm not so sure that is what he always wanted- if another more profitable opportunity arose I think he may have jumped at it. Wasnt he exploring North Sydney? The club has been on the market so long so I dont credit him with any emotional ties- I think he stuck to the asking price until he got what he wanted.

Man Overboard

They failed to turn up on the many occasions we did our annual pilgrimage.
Hi Yorkie. That may be so, but we weren't their local team. I think what is important is whether they will turn up if the Canberra Coast Ministers become the established local team. I have only been to one exhibition match by a touring side [CCM V Celtic} and that was because CCM were playing. Despite that I still think I am a football fan and a club supporter.

Last edited:

Rising Sun

Is it a permanent move though or just up here with his son? Looking a bit further on Instagram, he previously lived in or around Belconnen, and his missus still seems to live there based on her posts - which includes a picture of Terrigal Haven last week with the caption "home away from home".

Based on the two posts I have seen from you on this whole matter, you seem to have some inside information. Feel free to provide a full comprehensive report to the rest of us whenever you want......... ;)

turbo

Also side note that if they did relocate and keep the Mariners name Canberra would be the least suitable location given they are landlocked.

marinermick

Is it a permanent move though or just up here with his son? Looking a bit further on Instagram, he previously lived in or around Belconnen, and his missus still seems to live there based on her posts - which includes a picture of Terrigal Haven last week with the caption "home away from home".

Based on the two posts I have seen from you on this whole matter, you seem to have some inside information. Feel free to provide a full comprehensive report to the rest of us whenever you want......... ;)

Only what I typed in those two posts

style_cafe

Businesses with monopolies and cartels prefer the status quo. Expansion dilutes the value of their investments because one twelfth of a pizza is better than a fifteenth of a pizza. If licences become more numerous, they become cheaper and devalue others. I think existing club owners will resist relegation just as they will resist expansion. Logically the FFA would insist on any expansion into those areas you indicate but logic and the FFA dont always go hand in hand.
Is 1/12 of a regular pizza bigger than 1/15 of a family size pizza?... :popcorn:

Ironbark

Hi Yorkie. That may be so, but we weren't their local team. I think what is important is whether they will turn up if the Canberra Coast Ministers become the established local team. I have only been to one exhibition match by a touring side [CCM V Celtic} and that was because CCM were playing. Despite that I still think I am a football fan and a club supporter.
Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred