• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Academy - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinerfix

Fantastic to see 18's,20,s and 1st to participate in the semis. And a great shame that the players have become pawns in a political nightmare. In the end it was a pretty good day at Lynwood. U16's were terribly up against it with most ref desicions going against them. 18's was a scrappy affair with our boys coming up trumps with strong work by Daniel Preston and Ryan Frame. 20's went down 1 nil with two players being sent off. Skipper Ragen (I have been told thats how it is spelt),young Connor Wilkinson and Todd Balneaves were excellent. 1st grade finally got underway once the lights were sorted and were rewarded with a hard fought win. Tommy Spencer has made a huge difference to this side holding up the ball and offloading. He was rewarded with a good goal.

Michael Johnson

Thanks Darren, sorry I'm not trying to upset anyone or offend, like everyone on the Coast we just want what is best for the kids. Its good there is a development program & hopefully there are some talented kids there especially in the 13's. Sadly the 13's lost on the weekend but from what I hear they were winning. I don't always get everything first hand as I travel a lot but its just you hear things. A group are now planning to train with the a/c from this years 13's which is great but surely that gentleman should not be part of the selection for that group. There just seems to be so many conflicts of interest. I understand the rep players are ahead technically but surely we must look outside the square. Maybe at the end of each season CCF could select a team from the club players to compete against the rep teams in all age groups. Good luck to everyone involved next year & hopefully for the coast's future we can move forward

Luke

Wasn't Mark Jones first grade coach when academy got relegated last year?

marinerfix

Well done CCMA Seniors. Just fell short of promotion. 16's,18's,20's and 1st grade all in the finals series. I cannot remember that happening for a long time.
Great to see the young boys stepping up to 1st grade. Balneaves,Trengrove,Buhagiar & McFarlane.

Jolly_Roger

Yeah a great effort

16's - 1st place
18's - 1st place
20's - 5th, but only 4 points off first
1st's - 2nd place

Great effort across all grades. They were definantly the strongest club if you could average the positions of all clubs across the board. Sadly first grade is heavily weighted in the club championship point system.

Yoda

What happened last night? any announcements?

From the CCMA Facebook page.......

I know a number of people could not attend the CCF meeting last night so I will attempt to summarize here:
Main Points:
1. Ken Schembri was quality, his record speaks for itself and he made a point to say that he needs help from the Central Coast football community to make this work, so it was not all about him or CCF or CCM....
2. Ken is in negotiations with CCM to have a close working relationship, he wants to keep the name CCMA and provide a direct pathway with input from the senior coaching staff of the Mariners. It is his wish to make this happen.
3. We will play in NPL2 across all comps including women.
4. Womens ages group will most likely stay the same and they may include one younger group?
Other Points: details will be made available soon...
* By the middle of September the coaches will be announced and each player that played this year will be told if they have been retained or not.
* Ken wants to have the best coast kids playing in the program not driving to Sydney four times a week.
* Ken likes to have smaller squad sizes say 14 not 16 so players get more game time and players can play up if required.
* There will be a mid-week comp for player that just miss the cut. They can still play club.
* In 2016 FFA wants all A-League clubs to have their own Academy and clubs may play in a regional based competition
* Each team will have a sponsor.
* Ken has a close relationship with the all A-League head coaches and will look to help place the best young players if he can. He will also help to place talent overseas if required.
* Youth teams will not play for Club Championship points and there will be no promotion or relegation in 2015
Not sure what I missed please help me if you can...

Jolly_Roger

I was there last night and have seen the Facebook posting which is attached in Yodas post.

While men and youth boys will be playing NPL2 next year, the girls final position in the club championships is yet to be decided, and finishing top is still a very real possibility. There were no comments made last night that said women will be playing NPL2 next year although this appeared in the summarised comments .

The girls have worked hard this year to get the results they have achieved. If they get up in the club championship there will be some VERY unhappy girls if they are resigned to play NPL2 next year and denied the fruits of their hard work in NPL1.

Luke

I was there last night and have seen the Facebook posting which is attached in Yodas post.

While men and youth boys will be playing NPL2 next year, the girls final position in the club championships is yet to be decided, and finishing top is still a very real possibility. There were no comments made last night that said women will be playing NPL2 next year although this appeared in the summarised comments .

The girls have worked hard this year to get the results they have achieved. If they get up in the club championship there will be some VERY unhappy girls if they are resigned to play NPL2 next year and denied the fruits of their hard work in NPL1.

There was an "incident" last weekend between the parents and coaches so the last game or games weren't played for the girls.Don't know what it was but hopefully it gets sorted and the games can be played so they have the chance to finish first.Extremely cruel on the girls if they aren't given that opportunity.

Jolly_Roger

After one game abandonment and two additional false starts, the under 17's will play Sydney Olympic on Thursday for the club championship

Michael Johnson

So does anyone know what the team will be called next year for the youngsters? I wasn't at the meeting as only just back from overseas but I thought coaches were being named in mid September. Can anyone confirm dates. I know our coach of this years 12's wants next years 14's, although yet to be confirmed. Also the 8 kids coming back to next years 14's have been assured of a spot so that leaves 6 up for grabs, we honestly thought there would be major changes to this team as they haven't won in 2years & only 2 of those 8 haven't been part of this. So 6 were there in 2013 when they didn't win a game & now they waltz back into the side. Although I did read in previous posts rep players are way ahead of club so maybe that is why, but then why have an rdp. I think a lot of things need debating which is what this forum is so good for. Although I wasn't in Aust I heard a kid scored a great goal in the under 13's final this year in golden goal & I keep hearing he is a goal scorer but he isn't in the ïn"club whatever that means-children talking. Hopefully all selections this year for that team & my sons & of course all others will be above board, on merit & not about who you know. If that means mine misses out because he isn't good enough ATM I would see that as a positive thing. Any thoughts?

Jolly_Roger

17's girls won the makeup game last night against Sydney Olympic

The women have therefore won the club championship and earned the right for promotion into the top flight next year.

First and Reserve grade women playing grand finals this weekend.

Go girls!!

dibo

Given that the rep sides are pretty much the only thing you post about, I would've thought you'd know better than anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred