• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners V Sydney FC

Wombat

I’m not, but finally we are seeing a way back to normality across society in general. Not suggesting things will be fixed overnight but the process can start for next season and that’s a step forward.

There’s positives ahead with borders reopening (easier to recruit OS), teams returning home, Sydney with their new ground to name a few. Those aren’t wishful or subjective. There’s other less certain stuff like Paramount fixing their sports offering which supposedly will be in place, advertising, clubs being able to get back into the community and promote at grass roots, this horrible weather system going away.

I don’t see any point about being negative about what may or may not happen in the future. There’s plenty of time for that when we get there.
Not be negative???? You are upsetting 50% of our posters............do you expect them to write positive comments about us and Football in Australia? Good luck.

Wombat

I am worried about how these two seasons have affected the Club's bottom line. I would hate to see a fire sale of players just to survive. Too much good work has been done.
99% empty. And Ancient used to be a positive poster but his mind has been poisoned by Mikey and the cheer squad on here.

Last edited:

Ironbark

The Mariners winning the Grand Final may actually be the underdog story that the a-league needs.

With the sheer amount of youth players playing minutes each week is great material for the league to work with and also supports the FA defence that young Australians are getting a chance and shining.

Leicester Cities EPL title win those years ago now was epic and needs to happen every now and then excite and envigorate the game.

Everyone loves a feel good ‘mighty ducks’ type story and might be what we need to gain just an ounce of interest from the broader casual viewer, regional viewers and normal viewers to take interest in other games.

The Mariners have such a smorgasbord of great characters and even super quiet achievers and great stories like baby Kuol so this year or next year the APL should be grateful if the Mariners get silverware to some degree.
Alright you've convinced me. Let's do it

FFC Mariner

Controversial but I wonder if Monty is the coach tofinally get TBT to realise his potential? He is a bit limited and I suspect SFC think they can do better.
He's very quick and there is still potential there. Might not be too expensive either

marinermick

Controversial but I wonder if Monty is the coach tofinally get TBT to realise his potential? He is a bit limited and I suspect SFC think they can do better.
He's very quick and there is still potential there. Might not be too expensive either

Our biggest weaknesses are 7 and 11 at the moment so I would happily have him back. Monty wants players that are quick, mobile, impactful in games and will run though brick walls for him. First three he has, not sure on the fourth.

turbo

Don’t do it, you might think we can fix him but we probably won’t. I’d rather see us in for Wales than him. But at any rate Buhagiar would want established player money and I don’t think it’s a great use of our limited resources.

Corsair

He's improved but not that much, also seems to be a bit injury prone and is inconsistent. I used to find it very frustrating watching him play for us and perennially under acheive/miss chances. Rather see academy prospects like kuol promoted, i think tbt had his chance. Not sure what his next move would be after Sydney...WSW?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred