• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners V Sydney FC

midfielder

I thought they were generally pretty warm towards him. Our biggest issue seems to be stringing a few games together without him breaking. We can't do that so he can't find form and the result is underwhelming. I've been critical of Cy but we knew he was a developing player and somewhat of a gamble, Muller we knew roughly what to expect and have been disappointed.
They started out loving him and in the end said anyone that takes him is mad.

They came to the he same conclusion we have

Kilsin

Nicolai Muller is a bit of a mixed bag in my opinion, when he's fit and in the zone, he shows glimpses of brilliance, awareness and foresight but when he's off or getting match fitness back he looks to be really off, seems to be no middle ground with him lately but I like watching him play when he's fit and full of confidence, you can really see his experience and skill shine through.

Fun story: I was behind a Tesla and another guy in a new Mustang in traffic and the Mustang guy was sitting right up the Tesla's arse almost bullying him along the central coast hwy near the RSL and just before you go through the intersection at west gossy and start up Kariong hill. The lights went red and the Tesla pulled out to the slow lane to be right alongside the mustang, lights go green, the Tesla smoked him, pulled in front of him and then hit the brakes hard making the guy shit himself and lock his brakes up.

I had no idea who these two were until I caught up to the Tesla and saw a crazy looking german in the driver's seat and realised it was Nicolai looking all wild-eyed checking his mirrors but the mustang learned his lesson and backed off haha

Ancient Mariner

Nicolai Muller is a bit of a mixed bag in my opinion, when he's fit and in the zone, he shows glimpses of brilliance, awareness and foresight but when he's off or getting match fitness back he looks to be really off, seems to be no middle ground with him lately but I like watching him play when he's fit and full of confidence, you can really see his experience and skill shine through.

Fun story: I was behind a Tesla and another guy in a new Mustang in traffic and the Mustang guy was sitting right up the Tesla's arse almost bullying him along the central coast hwy near the RSL and just before you go through the intersection at west gossy and start up Kariong hill. The lights went red and the Tesla pulled out to the slow lane to be right alongside the mustang, lights go green, the Tesla smoked him, pulled in front of him and then hit the brakes hard making the guy shit himself and lock his brakes up.

I had no idea who these two were until I caught up to the Tesla and saw a crazy looking german in the driver's seat and realised it was Nicolai looking all wild-eyed checking his mirrors but the mustang learned his lesson and backed off haha
Similar story.
Driving home from the game across the Hawkesbury 80 zone due to roadworks. Going up the hill I was going past a truck still in the 80 zone. I just got past the truck when it went back to 110 with a dickhead in a Range Rover sitting 2 inches off my bumper. He started flashing his lights at me and I gently accelerated up the hill. Left him struggling 400meters behind.

I drive a hybrid RAV.

Huddo

Well on a good note SFC went back to there good old ways of self implosion, just to bad it was a week to late.
Seemed to try the sit deep and counter move again, and it worked until the 90th minute, at which point they conceded 2 in 90+ to go down 2-3.

On a side note their finishing was dog shit tonight should have been atleast 3 up by the 80th. Kind of seems our game was a bit of an anomaly.

Personally I was hoping both would have dropped points with a draw, but I also feel we have a better chance against Adelaide should we first make the finals, and get an opportunity to play them, so an Adelaide win ain't to bad.

Wombat

Similar story.
Driving home from the game across the Hawkesbury 80 zone due to roadworks. Going up the hill I was going past a truck still in the 80 zone. I just got past the truck when it went back to 110 with a dickhead in a Range Rover sitting 2 inches off my bumper. He started flashing his lights at me and I gently accelerated up the hill. Left him struggling 400meters behind.

I drive a hybrid RAV.
A Range Rover should flog a Rav 4 but i guess its carrying a lot more weight. Unless it was an Evoque then it only has a few more Kw than the Toyota. Maybe you have a heavy foot!
I got burnt at the lights in Gosford by a 5.0 Mustang. I was in a 3.8L Genesis G80 which is not slow. The Mustang was seriously quick off the mark, so unless the Mustang wasn't 5.0 then I wonder what model the Tesla was?

And when it comes to "crazy eyes" Muller is the Champion.

Ozhammer

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Smith go down with no-one around him. Shocking to hear it is a fractured leg.
If you watch the game back Wootton kicks him in the side of the leg about 5-10 mins before, that’s when it happens. He played on but it didn’t feel right and then had to come off. Real shame for him and the team, as he had been really adding to our play since cementing a spot in the side.

turbo

I wonder what model the Tesla was?
Even the base model 3 has a great 0-100 time that'll keep up or beat just about anything under 100 grand. At low speeds its very difficult for the regular car to compete with their instant torque. At higher speeds particularly powerful cars can reel them in but you're talking way higher than you'll ever see on the road and some very expensive and modified cars.
Step up to the model 3 performance and they do the 1/4 mile in mid 11s which is really moving and about the same as an m3. And if you move up to an S things get even crazier.

Wombat

Even the base model 3 has a great 0-100 time that'll keep up or beat just about anything under 100 grand. At low speeds its very difficult for the regular car to compete with their instant torque. At higher speeds particularly powerful cars can reel them in but you're talking way higher than you'll ever see on the road and some very expensive and modified cars.
Step up to the model 3 performance and they do the 1/4 mile in mid 11s which is really moving and about the same as an m3. And if you move up to an S things get even crazier.
And there is me thinking they are just an Ipad on wheels.

Kilsin

A Range Rover should flog a Rav 4 but i guess its carrying a lot more weight. Unless it was an Evoque then it only has a few more Kw than the Toyota. Maybe you have a heavy foot!
I got burnt at the lights in Gosford by a 5.0 Mustang. I was in a 3.8L Genesis G80 which is not slow. The Mustang was seriously quick off the mark, so unless the Mustang wasn't 5.0 then I wonder what model the Tesla was?

All Teslas are very fast off the mark, the Model S is the fastest car in the world (0-60 in 1.9 seconds) but other Models 3 and X have great take-off speed and do around 2-3 secs 0-60, they would flog anything in Australia off the mark.

For reference, I have a 6ltr Manual VE SS with about $15,000 worth of Walkinshaw Performance mods and I can put a 5 ltr Mustang firmly in its place and Tesla's get me at the start every time (or so I would imagine, officer!)

Yeah, he looked wired haha, I love the serial killer look when he's playing well but on the roads, I stayed at a safe distance :)

bikinigirl

. interesting times we live in when someone named turbo is selling the virtues of EVs on a football forum :piralaugh:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

this week on Top Gear a German scares a dickhead at some traffic lights and James says Cock about nothing in particular

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami