• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners vs Ziggy Gordon's winning club.

Tevor

I’ve read it all but tbh there was never a clear ‘this is the situation’ from those in the know. Lots of speculation and it seems like you’re saying the appearances trigger contract extension is legit and the real issue? Club aren’t willing to trigger it at his current wage (or whatever the extension is paid at) and he’s rejected an alternative deal for next season that would allow him to keep playing this season and void the trigger. Is that on the money or was it really lizard people?
I’ve moved on to be honest, what ever it is it will become history soon. No need to waste your energy trying to find out. Main thing is the team appears settled so if that was his motive to unsettle them it hasn’t worked.

turbo

I’ve moved on to be honest, what ever it is it will become history soon. No need to waste your energy trying to find out. Main thing is the team appears settled so if that was his motive to unsettle them it hasn’t worked.
I agree but at the same time people keep asking, FFC says its been answered and then decides not to respond when clarification is sought to put it to bed. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Ads

It’s been answered to a degree that is probably good enough unless you were physically there for the disagreement.

The exact matter of the disagreement may still be delicately worked through or in fact maybe an agreement has been reached.

Either way it’s kinda like getting cheated on, it sucks that it’s happened, but do you really need the name of the person or details of the cheating.
Knowing this isn’t going to change the outcome and likely to only make you feel a lot worse. Haha.

style_cafe

Petratools goal is at the 1:25 mark, not the greatest angle I know, but the more I look at it the more I'm convinced he's offside.

Did the VAR check it? Commentators didn't mention it was being checked.
He definitely wasn`t offside .
I double checked the replay and Traore was actually in advance of Petratos... :popcorn:

style_cafe

Just maybe the extra responsibility Monty is giving him is making him a better player ... would not be the first player to react this way.
The important thing is that the team does not seem to have suffered a dropping morale. I am impressed with Miller many who have already signed elsewhere for next year would just be going through the motions.
Miller has improved out of sight.
After years of banging on about our wing-backs attacking the box and the byline we finally have one
( maybe two in Farrell) and now he wants to leave...:doh:
In saying that Roux has also improved and doesn`t look out of place when he gets field time.
Aquilina will be a very good replacement he`s a very talented young player...:popcorn:

Ironbark

On the Ollie situation, putting on my Sherlock Holmes hat and putting 2 and 2 together I have come up with iv (Roman centurion saying).
The clues:
It is a personal matter of Ollie's (Monty's presser).
Started after we signed Cummings. Could it be a player personality clash (FP post).
Matty and Ollie have been sitting together at all games (possibly good friends).
Matty and Monty were the leadership power in the dressing room last year when Staj and the Club decided it was time to part ways.
Matty has been training for a while.

Suspicion.
Ollie wants Matty back in the active squad, on the bench at least.
Monty has said Matty's time is done and he would rather start Marco and Cummings with Kuol and Moresche as subs as they were young and hopefully the future and maybe said that Matty was not in his plans and would be unlikely to be picked again.
Turned into an argument and possibly became heated at which point Ollie may have stated that If Matty is not picked, he would not play.
Both parties have painted themselves into an impossible corner were neither thinks they can back down.
Total silence from all concerned as nobody wants to cause damage to the Club not Matty's reputation or future with the Club.
It is not upsetting the team, judging by last night's performance.

Too many alpha males.
Roman centurions had a saying about Sherlock Holmes? Impressive foresight ?

Luke

I agree but at the same time people keep asking, FFC says its been answered and then decides not to respond when clarification is sought to put it to bed. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Bozanic being a d*ckhead at the moment is all the clarification you probably need. Not directing this at you, but I don't know why fans feel they are entitled to every little detail about these disputes and want to hear answers from the club. It doesn't happen elswhere so it won't happen here.

FFC also raises a good point about no PFA involvement. We know how keen they are to jump the gun and throw clubs under the bus when a player doesn't get their way. It has been over a month now. If the club was in the wrong we would have heard about it by now i'm sure. He was consistently posting on instagram about CCM until the 6th March then nothing since. Shows where his head is at.

Bozanic will always have a legacy at this club but he is doing a good job of tarnishing it. As others have said, my attention has turned to the players who want to wear the shirt and not demand to be paid overs whilst resfusing to play how the coach wants.

Oh did I say the last sentence out loud?

FFC Mariner

Bozanic being a d*ckhead at the moment is all the clarification you probably need. Not directing this at you, but I don't know why fans feel they are entitled to every little detail about these disputes and want to hear answers from the club. It doesn't happen elswhere so it won't happen here.

FFC also raises a good point about no PFA involvement. We know how keen they are to jump the gun and throw clubs under the bus when a player doesn't get their way. It has been over a month now. If the club was in the wrong we would have heard about it by now i'm sure. He was consistently posting on instagram about CCM until the 6th March then nothing since. Shows where his head is at.

Bozanic will always have a legacy at this club but he is doing a good job of tarnishing it. As others have said, my attention has turned to the players who want to wear the shirt and not demand to be paid overs whilst resfusing to play how the coach wants.

Oh did I say the last sentence out loud?
@turbo answered again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred