• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners vs Ziggy Gordon's winning club.

turbo

when a draw would have been a better result for us
I'm not so sure about that. Adelaide have to play WU, Roar & WU. They should at least get 6 from that taking them to 40..
Sydney play roar and victory after ACL. They should beat Roar but Victory could go either way. Could end up on 34 or 35. Sydney burning a game for 0 points keeps them within reach. If we could have held them for a draw they would have been in big trouble.
Any of Nix, Macarthur, us or jets have a decent shot at jumping them with a half decent run home.

Wombat

Tin hat firmly on.

Hatch is a uniquely Australian youth system product. No football brain, only interested in running fast and attacking. There is a procession of them from Kekeris, DRD, Silvera, Mitch Austin etc etc

Compare him with Faz and Hall - they have a good football brain. If you can coach it, I dont know how but I'm pretty certain you cant coach it into an adult. You can see it at Pluim. The rare kid with a good football brain stands out.

Could make a decent living in the AL bouncing from club to club but I dont think he is what we need on that side.

Sorry
You are right Fulham. Hatch is great off the bench for a 25 min blitzkrieg but is not suitable for 90 minutes. He has had two starts and failed miserably both times.

pjennings

Been said already but this is a very important game. Do we fall off the horse or take the season by the throat?
Realistically our shot is for 6th.

MCI, WUN, MVC and ADL are virtually there. Nix have a reasonable draw and I can see them getting to 39. SFC will probably end up on 34 or 35 (and may miss out) but possibly 37. So let's say for safety we need 37-38 (11-12 points) to get in with 6 games to play.

We have a reasonable (not easy) run in. WSW, Nix and Scum away, WUN at home, Roar away followed by the final game at home against the Scum. 3 wins and a couple of draws or 4 wins.

A win tonight would just about kill off WSW chances and leave us needing 8-9 points from the remaining 5 games - quite doable.

A loss or draw tonight keeps WSW alive and means we are walking a tight rope each game needing 10-12 points from 5 games

Tevor

Realistically our shot is for 6th.

MCI, WUN, MVC and ADL are virtually there. Nix have a reasonable draw and I can see them getting to 39. SFC will probably end up on 34 or 35 (and may miss out) but possibly 37. So let's say for safety we need 37-38 (11-12 points) to get in with 6 games to play.

We have a reasonable (not easy) run in. WSW, Nix and Scum away, WUN at home, Roar away followed by the final game at home against the Scum. 3 wins and a couple of draws or 4 wins.

A win tonight would just about kill off WSW chances and leave us needing 8-9 points from the remaining 5 games - quite doable.

A loss or draw tonight keeps WSW alive and means we are walking a tight rope each game needing 10-12 points from 5 games
Good summation, its going to be a nail biting run home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred