• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

priorpeter

Would like to discuss the long-running joke of mumbling all announcements related to the opposition. I believe this falls under the responsibility of Mr Prior.
It started as a cheeky joke, but not hearing who the goalscorer was, or who is being substituted rather defeats the purpose.
Monotone is fine, but please share the information without me needing to pull out my phone to check.
Would you guys agree?
I see you’ve also posted this over on Reddit, so firstly thanks for calling me out across (at least) 2 public forums. My DMs are open, if it is really that big of a deal (and I’m guessing it must be, for you to fire up your forum account which hasn’t been posted from since 2013), you could’ve just messaged me with the suggestion. Appreciate the feedback ?

Wombat

Would like to discuss the long-running joke of mumbling all announcements related to the opposition. I believe this falls under the responsibility of Mr Prior.
It started as a cheeky joke, but not hearing who the goalscorer was, or who is being substituted rather defeats the purpose.
Monotone is fine, but please share the information without me needing to pull out my phone to check.
Would you guys agree?
Strong disagree. Its just so good! It instantly removes the pain of a goal conceded.
Also, most of us view the game through yellow tinted glasses so we don't care about the other clowns that may have scored against us.
Mr Prior was a legend in the stands and now he is a legend in the announcer's box. He is also a very very solid game caller.
So in the words of our spiritual guru and life coach Scottmac..........f**k Off.

Last edited:

shipwreck

Outstanding pod as always, can't get enough of this in my 1 hour commute in the snow every day!

I think Kaltak is starting to turn people's opinions, particularly after the Newy game, surely John is in trouble?

Also anyone know the song that was on at the end of that pod? I rate it

FFC Mariner

Outstanding pod as always, can't get enough of this in my 1 hour commute in the snow every day!

I think Kaltak is starting to turn people's opinions, particularly after the Newy game, surely John is in trouble?

Given that 1 visa player has to go. John might be favourite?
No info just a guess?

adz

Staff member
I see you’ve also posted this over on Reddit, so firstly thanks for calling me out across (at least) 2 public forums. My DMs are open, if it is really that big of a deal (and I’m guessing it must be, for you to fire up your forum account which hasn’t been posted from since 2013), you could’ve just messaged me with the suggestion. Appreciate the feedback ?

I didn't realise there were multiple posts across the intarwebs re this one otherwise I would have left this one alone. I suggested - jokingly - a poll because I think we'll find pretty much unanimous support for your style of announcing. The lack of enthusiasm for the opposition vs the enthusiasm for the Mariners, love it. My personal favourite is Harry Steeeeeeeeeeeeeele. Anyway I wouldn't worry about it.

@montywoodpeg maybe bookmark this one https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=aleague+matches

FFC Mariner

World is full of angry people determined to feel slighted.
I'm sure if there were genuine complaints either from CCM or a opposition that the club would have a word.
Chill dude

priorpeter

One of my favourite, favourite bands called Ceres - the song is called Burnley. First song I heard of theirs, and it never gets old for me.

montywoodpeg

My apologies for presenting my message in an easily-misconstrued manner, genuinely.

I sit with my father during the games, and he's constantly leaning over to ask me what was just announced, so it's something I'm reminded of each match. I saw the post on reddit, and it was really the first time I'd thought about discussing it with anyone else. I responded there, then remembered that during every podcast you guys ask for feedback through the forum - which you accurately pointed out that I don't frequent very often.
I came here to post in what was certainly not meant to be an overly negative or "calling out" way, but to raise a discussion point for the podcast.

I'll take full responsibility for my poor communication. I've been to matches around Australia, and can't say I've heard a better stadium announcer. Last thing I'd want would be for you to step down from the role.

I'll forward the rest of my thoughts by DM.

Corsair

To be honest I struggled to hear the ground announcements last night, I assumed it was a technical issue or just that the crowd was very loud (they were).

FFC Mariner

How about
"
To be honest I struggled to hear the ground announcements last night, I assumed it was a technical issue or just that the crowd was very loud (they were).
Because the acoustics are so bad at the ground you would have thought that after 20 years they would have put speakers near the open areas.
And a roof
And wifi
And edible food
And decent beer

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members